• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin Slash Cancel Challenge

juiey2

Smash Cadet
No offense, but i think de Dolphin slash cancel is useless, you can do the same jumping from the edge, and you will not spend your second jump >.<,
However, the dolphin slash cancel is more faster, but is punishable the same way that the ledge jumping is too.
So i think i would pick the ledge jumping because Dolphin slash cancel is HARD to perfect and HARD to execute under pressure, and they are almost the same thing.

Edit:
You can do that ledgetrick, you drop from the ledge, second jump and then aerial, The probability of getting a hit is the biggest in these 3 options and you can Lag cancel when landing ^^

RozeAkito

Smash Apprentice
Edit:
You can do that ledgetrick, you drop from the ledge, second jump and then aerial, The probability of getting a hit is the biggest in these 3 options and you can Lag cancel when landing ^^
Marth Lag.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Texture is ugly.

Only this is useful is if you can do it from a real recovery. If you sit on the ledge and do the side b nonsense, you're eating a dsmash or something. Maybe it'll work once, but after the first time, you're opponent should be able to punish you for it near every time. And you're wasting your second jump, so you'll probably get gimped.

I don't see enough usefulness in it for how hard it would be to learn.

juiey2

Smash Cadet
i know, we have a lag difference.
But man, all of that HARD working for just a ledge jump? it's not worth it in my opinion, the most sucefull marth players don't use it, like Leon, Mr.R, Kadaj... (at least never saw them using it)

Like qB[ sayed, After a time, it gets predictable, and highly punished with a strong aerial.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
You don't need to actually use your jump.
Honestly guys, it's the same thing as a Ledge drop.. but, you can go much higher. You can Fair, Nair, etc afterwards, you don't actually need to jump and if you attack, you still have your second jump.
This is just much faster than Ledge Drop Fair.

Top Bottom