• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doing bomb jump melee style.

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
As many you know, doing bomb jump is much more difficult to execute. But fret not! You can still do it melee style (somewhat). There two way to do, but I do not which is better.

1.) Holding Down Your Momentum
When executing the Samus's bomb in the air, her momentum is not negated unlike melee. Therefore in order to replicate her bomb jump in melee, you must transfer all of her momentum straight down in order to cancel out her horizontal momentum. To do so, simply hold down the analog stick. And once you able to cancel out the horizontal momentum, simply bomb jump melee style. Keep in mind that once you do a successful bomb jump, after the jump you must smash downward in order to stop her horizontal movement. Sometimes, this technique does not work.

2.) "Dash Dancing" In The Air
To my surprise, I saw a computer doing this. Unlike the first technique I mention, i believe this one is more effective yet harder to pull off. The basic concept is that by doing "dash dancing" in the air, you are quickly going back and forth canceling each other momentum and ultimately going to nowhere other than straight down. Like the first technique, once you're able to transfer all momentum downward, do a bomb jump normally, and repeat this technique after you have made the jump.

Top Bottom