• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

does the charged shot change?

nitro_rev

Smash Cadet
in melee, every time you used the charged shot, it got weaker, but as an advantage, it began would charge faster!!! is this returning to brawl?

Pi

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if you got your facts straight...

Every move has a deteriorating damage thingy, means the more you use it the less damage it does.

I don't recall samus' charge beam ever powering up faster...

And I think B moves got reduced in knock backs? Or was it A moves?

Any way, in brawl I believe it's every move reduces in KB and damage if used more than once, but you also can reset them by not using them as much and using other moves...I'm not sure...something like that...

Eten

Smash Ace
All moves when used and hit a person for damage will get weaker each time in both damage done and knockback. At first it reduces quite quickly, then it only reduces a little bit each time, up to the point where I think it reaches a minimum after 8 times you hit with it. Something similar existed in melee, but in melee only B moves had reduction in knockback, A moves stayed the same knockback whenever. It also seems to happen at a much steeper rate at first. After 10 hits of anything else, the knockback and damage of a move is reset. The same thing happens after you die.

As for Samus her charge B is really in no danger because the actual need to use a fully charged shot for knockback twice in a row with less than ten hits that connect in between seems unlikely. A lot of people's KO problems right now are actually the fact that they don't realize that this dimishing effect exists on knockback and they abuse a good knock back/KO move before they need it. I think Samus has an advantage here, because of her projectile game/Zair and the like, she can use those kinds of moves as a battery and quickly rack up 10 hits from those and be good to go elsewhere. The same should go for characters who can hit with a lot of neutral A jabs.

This stuff is easily one of the biggest new additions to Brawl.

Top Bottom