• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does rollout have any use.

Kittens

Smash Rookie
inb4 pokemon stadium 4th roll lmao

If you are onstage jumping off towards a recovering Captain Falcon, you can intentionally get caught by the upB (or more usefully, when you accidentally get caught by it), charge rollout facing side of the stage the Falcon is recovering from, and let her rip.

If you are offscreen, up high, next to the blastzone, and want to recover more quickly, you can charge rollout and time the release for either just above the ledge, so you land onstage, or right at the ledge to sweetspot it. On long stages like FD, you can even just rocket yourself to the other side of the stage (You'll need to turn instantly on landing, or you'll blast off.

I've also seen it used for shieldbreaks when using rest isn't worth it (and when f-smash isn't disrespectful enough)

Also, *supposedly* when you're turning in rollout, her hurtboxes disappear briefly.

DO NOT:
-Go offstage with it. You'll die (unless you hit someone within ~1 Jiggly-diameter from the ledge -- close enough to bounce back onstage)
-Use it when cornered. (Obviously not if they are already close, but) If they can close the gap quickly and just take the hit, you'll bounce back and fall offstage with no way to recover.
-Try to land on a platform when recovering with it. You'll either miss and die, land on the platform and keep going and die offstage, or land on a platform, be forced to turn on it until your rollout runs out, get punished for being an easy target stuck on a platform (and possibly die.)

Linc.inc

Smash Rookie
thanks so much I am so use to it being better in ultamate that i use it on accident and i wanted to know. thanks

Kittens

Smash Rookie
Please note: The stuff I wrote is referring to Melee. I'm sure a couple things are still applicable in Ultimate, but I don't play it much so I can't verify.

Although some good news, I think Rollout in Ultimate doesn't put Puff in a state of freefall after rollout has finished, so if you do go offstage (and not too far to recover), you should be able to live if you make a mistake. In Melee, if you go offstage, its death because of the freefall state.

KillaOR

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Kila#697
I use rollout all of the time and get a surprisingly high amount of kills with it.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Speaking from my Brawl experience, I found very few uses for any of Jigglypuff's specials excepting side B. However, I noticed a consistent theme among them which grants to them a certain level of utility in aiding Jigglypuff's air game-- the markedly strong emphasis made on timing the specials with your landings and the opponent's movement. I think Rollout was also intended as a landing mind game option when the opponent is under too much pressure to escape or regain control of the stage.

Last edited:

DevindDead

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
MLMF#401
only time I found it useful in with punishing a missed rest and for whatever reason you're on the other side of the stage

Top Bottom