• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Peach Counter Marth??

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
i need to know everyones opinion on this (except noobs please dont post if ur off topic or dont know what ur saying). my friend says peach definatly counters marth for the following:

Peach>Marth
she wont die
cant kill her with anything but f-smash and spike
the beats he edge gaurd which one of his best abilities
she edge guards his recovery with turnips

I accept these things but i feel it isnt a counter pick because marth plays extremely well against peach also

Marth>Peach
combos her extremely well
Stops her float cancel
cuts her grabs off with his grabs

He says that my reasons arent true because marths range affects every characters and i say so wat it affects peach the most and i say my turnips edge gaurd everyone equally doesnt just stop marth also no one in the game can kill peach.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I hate fighting Marth with Peach, the match up may not be that bad but Peach normally has to work extra hard for the win, compared to Marth.

PeachFx

Smash Rookie
I would say Marth's range advantage is a heavy factor...but Peach will definately have to play hard to keep out of Marth's FSmash

Master Peach

Smash Ace
I kinda agree with what everyone is saying. Marth range can over power peach at times, Kinda depends on the peach player, but for a pro it will take a little more effort and some distance away from to win. A good board to beat marth on is Mute city. If you smash a marth player far enough he won't come unless he get's lucky. With Peach she can come back easily Another reason why a marth player won't come back is that there are no edges to grab on. I won't say that Marth>Peach but I think there pretty Peach=Marth.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
IMO, it's pretty even if both players can space themselves well. For me, the main problem is getting around his enormous range and maneuvering off platforms without getting tipped on stages like Yoshi's and Battlefield =/

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
If you are playing against a marth that uses his tilts, Marth>Peach. It is extremely difficult to avoid UpTilt when approaching from above, and he just plain keeps her at bay with his fricken Ftilt, Fsmash, and even his jab (standing A). I think that Marth is a brutally effective Peach counter, despite all of peach's strengths.

AS Money

Smash Lord
it is extreamly easier for marth to win the match in my experience(exept vs vidjo)but vidjo has the mindgames that i some what lack in

darkatma

Smash Hero
If you are playing against a marth that uses his tilts, Marth>Peach. It is extremely difficult to avoid UpTilt when approaching from above, and he just plain keeps her at bay with his fricken Ftilt, Fsmash, and even his jab (standing A). I think that Marth is a brutally effective Peach counter, despite all of peach's strengths.
I agree the most with this person's view

Marths who know what they are doing can easily combo peach and keep them at bay with spaced tilts.
It's an uphill battle for the peach. marth is just so much faster that staying on the ground or in the air too long arent viable options, and the spacing becomes extremely important.

Samochan

Smash Master
The best assent on this matchup is definitely baiting marth and counterattack, but when that does not work, peach is doomed because there is no way peach can get in with that superb range of marth's. Marth has easy time swatting the turnips and peach away and on smaller stages like FoD and YS Marth can just grab and throw off the edge and edgeguard poor Peach's recovery. Comboing peach is also piece of cake. So no, peach does not counter marth, more like other way around. Note, peach dies from utilt at around 120-130% and Marth can easily kill peach's float and when he does, she's easy target, especially on platform stages. So even if she doesn't die easily, marth has zero problems when edgeguarding her.

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
D-smash spam will NOT beat a skilled Marth okay? The people who call it godly do not know how to play smash and will get destroyed in a tourney. Yeah yeah it's a powerful move we know, but when it comes down to it, Marth out-ranges peach's d-smahs on a lot of moves, F-smash included. Use it a lot and he will know what to expect, mostly dashcancelling to mindgame you into using it then f-smashing during the lag.

ThatHappyNigga said:
except noobs please dont post if ur off topic or dont know what ur saying
Quoted for emphasis.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
You know what I really think. If you can range yourself well against Marth, and move fast enough, you can easily defeat a Marth player with peach. You kust have to know how they play.
Plus you want to use alot of mind games. Also peach doesn't have any problems edge grauding Marth, as long as you know what your doing. I still think there pretty equal. (In the right hands of course.)

Zoap

Smash Master
i believe this is like alot of matchups in SSBM, as it has the ability to shift back and forth(assuming equal skill) very easily. If you dont know what I mean, its simple, even if one of the two lead through out the entire match it is not that hard for the other to turn it around. I personally Love fighting Marth and only lose to one, who plays with me all the time. Like I already stated(kinda) this is one of the few EVEN matchups in the game.

So overall I don't know if this helps, but if the peach knows what she is doing, and the marth doesnt, this can be a very one sided matchup.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
i actually agree with you guys alot on that because i always end up finding a way to get him to 1 stock. of course he has a far easier time finishing me then the other way around. i wouldnt call it a counter pick but i would say its in marths favor simply because while at last stock marth has a much easier time KO'ing while peach has to find a way past his range to kill him. so i guess its pretty even but marth has slight advantage in my opinion, the only time i actually win is wen i start off with a big lead like a whole stock or 2 (no suicides).

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
Does Peach counter Marth?

The short answer: not in the slightest.
The perfect answer. His range kills her. At O% her can chain throw her forward three times into a tipper almost always, even with good DI. You actually have to DI towards him to excape the tipper, but if your not experienced agianst a Marth he will eat you up.

His range kills float cancel, and a good marth can stop turnip spam.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
You guys are right about that. Marths range will Murder Peach, and does combo up Peach pretty good. As I've said before I still think there equal, but over all Marth>Peach. Marth is a Peach counter... (I can't believe I just said that. -_-; )

Sepph

Smash Rookie
For what I've seen, if someone seconds Marth he will tend to choose him instead of their main against a Peach, so I guess it has something to do with the Marth>Peach thing... or maybe Ken has something to do with this... who knows! <_<

IMO Marth-Peach is an even matchup. Of course, skill and experience are factors that may give you the victory, so I would say that each one has their own advantages...

But as a Peach player I have to say that Marth is really annoying! His Ftilts, Utilt and Fsmash cancel Peach's Fair and Dair and getting tipped by a Fsmash at 60% (90% of the time meaning a kill in small stages) is not nice!!!
I'm just glad that turnips screw Marth's recovery...and I just love Stitchfaces that send them flying veeeery far :laugh:

Ba1100n_Drag0n

Smash Apprentice
Any sword person is nearly greater than Peach.

But Marth and Peach are an even match.

The only problem is the Peach player needs to be more patient and less aggressive. Wait for an opening and then strike. Don't charge at him, let Marth charge at you. Watch his moves carefully. Be annoying and taunt when he's far away. Let him get angered and do something stupid. Best of all, make him SD your own way. Use Turnips and get him in a situation you want him to be in. Use your long-range attacks (Golf Club, Crown Slap) and time them carefully.

Use mind-games.

I play both Marth and Peach, and I'll say they're even.

Me14k

Smash Lord
marth OWNS peach.

1. marth owns peach in air
2. marth can grab to f smash
3. peach gets ken comboed easily
4. peach cant get close enough to grab.

Top Bottom