• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you expect any series to go down in the number of playable reps?

Which series do think will go down in reps? (can pick more then one)

• Pokemon

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Wario

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Zelda

• Mother

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • Star Fox

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Gyromite

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Kirby

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • F-Zero

• Metal Gear

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • Fire Emblem

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Think of how Mario went from 5 to 4 in the transition from Melee to Brawl.

I personally believe only one will go down in reps and thats Pokemon, I personally think that cuts are permanent and that since it had most reps in Brawl, it would make sense to have it be the series to go down in reps if any had to go down. Snake also has a good chance to get cut.

Just my opinion, what do you guys think?

Morbi

Scavenger
Metal Gear is the only series that I foresee having less representatives. Pokemon is probably still going to have six; Mewtwo and Jigglypuff aren't going anywhere.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I hope none, but I could see Star Fox and Earthbound both dropping one, and I can see Snake not making it. Really can't imagine any other franchise contracting.

Morbi

Scavenger
"reps" >.>

Also meh, not really. Metal Gear and Gyromite maybe but that's it
A colloquialism synonymous with "characters" as many assume that these characters represent series; in this context, we are being asked which series might receive a cut as opposed to individual characters.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
I think the most likely cuts after Snake and Pokémon Trainer are Ike, Falco or Wolf, and Lucas. If it's all of those, that would put us at 6 cuts, but think only 4 cuts, maybe 5, will be made.

So, Mother and Star Fox are the two besides Metal Gear and quite possibly Pokémon.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Mother and Star Fox (unfortunately)

Also, F-Zero couldn't go down without losing representation all together.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Metal Gear is the only series that I foresee having less representatives. Pokemon is probably still going to have six; Mewtwo and Jigglypuff aren't going anywhere.
But Mewtwo already went somewhere. If he stays there, he won't be in SSB4.

IronFish

Smash Ace
MEWTWO ISN'T EVEN IN THE GAME YET, STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM LIKE HE IS THE GAME. Sorry just had to get out there, and sorry MB you are normally a very "cool" level headed member.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think Mother, Star Fox and Metal gear are the most likely to lose representation. Having said that Metal Gear is the only one I have any confidence about.

Last edited:

Speculator

Smash Ace
I think in terms of physical roster slots, the only one going down will be Metal Gear. I think Pokemon will go down in total number of playable characters from six to five, but will be going up one roster slot to match Mario and (presumably) Zelda. I strongly doubt they're going to slash Mother representation in half after bringing it up to two in Brawl, and I think Fire Emblem could very well be going up to three.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think in terms of physical roster slots, the only one going down will be Metal Gear. I think Pokemon will go down in total number of playable characters from six to five, but will be going up one roster slot to match Mario and (presumably) Zelda. I strongly doubt they're going to slash Mother representation in half after bringing it up to two in Brawl, and I think Fire Emblem could very well be going up to three.
Wasn't Lucas planned to replace Ness at one point though? (back in melee)

Speculator

Smash Ace
Wasn't Lucas planned to replace Ness at one point though? (back in melee)
Yes, he was. But back then there were only two Mother games, the roster was only 25 characters large and Ness hadn't been in three prior Smash Bros games. That was also an intended replacement, not a reduction in the number of established Mother reps. The situation then and the situation now are very different.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I guess Pokemon might go down if you look at it from the perspective of the Pokemon Trainer counting as three individuals. Then, again I'm really up in the air about since I have no idea about anything at this point.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I voted Star Fox, and didn't see Metal Gear or I would have voted for that one too. I feel like one of the Star Fox characters may get cut, and I do think Snake may get cut as well. Certainly not what I want, though.

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
I don't see Snake returning, unfortunately. Kojima pretty much confirmered that Snake isn't currently in the game when he begged Sakurai for Snake to return. Why Sakurai didn't I don't know.

andimidna

Smash Master
The only possibility for this IMO is Metal Gear, but even then, I doubt that. I don't think this concept is going to happen at all.

I'm completely astonished that Fire Emblem got 2 votes. Did anyone seriously think we'd only have Marth despite the series growing and Awakening?
And Zelda got a vote. Really? Somebody thinks Dorf will get cut and nobody else will be added?
Kirby...F-Zero...Wario... they all have votes! Who the hell is doubting Meta Knight, Captain Falcon, and Wario?!

Weird.

D

Deleted member

I think that Metal Gear will lose all of its representation in Smash if licensing issues occur.

Star Fox could lose Falco or Wolf (mostly Wolf), but I think that they will both return due to their popularity and importance in their franchises. Before Star Fox loses one, I think that Mother might lose Lucas first.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
isnt sakurai a huge fan of the mother trilogy? so is it really likely that lucas would be cut?

Speculator

Smash Ace
The only possibility for this IMO is Metal Gear, but even then, I doubt that. I don't think this concept is going to happen at all.

I'm completely astonished that Fire Emblem got 2 votes. Did anyone seriously think we'd only have Marth despite the series growing and Awakening?
And Zelda got a vote. Really? Somebody thinks Dorf will get cut and nobody else will be added?
Kirby...F-Zero...Wario... they all have votes! Who the hell is doubting Meta Knight, Captain Falcon, and Wario?!

Weird.
Some people really read too deep into Sakurai's pre-development musings about the roster size. There are still people out there who think the game is going to have a smaller roster than Brawl.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Now in this case, I see Fire Emblem going UP now.

Xganz32

Smash Rookie
If anything Lucas and Wolf may be cut, other than that I do not want any other series to lose a rep. Oh, and I’m pretty sure Snake is out too, so there’s that.

D

Deleted member

Sadly, Metal Gear. (Damn licensing) I don't think anything else will decrease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom