• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DLC - Koopa Paratroopa - Rolling Into a Shellacking and Walkin' Out Slowly.

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice
NewChallengerKoopa.png
Bowser's #1 choice to get in the way of Mario, the Koopa Paratroopas have been a staple in the legendary side-scrolling series for over 25 years. Having made appearances in other mario games like Mario Tennis and Mario Party, Koopa Paratroopa is finally rolling his way into the Smash Zone. Make sure your jumps are timed perfectly, he'll be rolling your way!​

History of Koopa Paratroopa
Appeared in nearly every Mario game since Super Mario Bros. (1984)

Statistics
Size:
Around Ness's height.
Weight: Same as Olimar
Gravity: Same as Squirtle (Brawl).
Jump Height: Same as Olimar.
Jump Speed: Same as Pit.
Air Speed: Same as Duck Hunt.
Walk Speed: Same Villager.
Dash Speed: Same as Duck Hunt.
Traction: Same as Luigi.
Can Crawl - Low Crawl, hides in shell and slowly rolls around.
KoopaSkins.png
Original Greensta -- Spiney Shell -- Red Shell -- Darth Paratroopa -- Chargin' Chuck Homage -- Hammer/Boomerang Bros Homage -- Dry Bones

Sorry for the last 3 on the right, I couldn't find a Chargin Chuck helmet, so I just photoshopped one on KPT, for Hammer Bros you'd use his old school football helmet with the ear flaps, and Dry Bones would just be Dry Bones with KPT's face.

Standard Attacks
Neutral Combo

Nearly identical to Luigi's, a two-jab combo followed by turning around and hitting them with his shell instead of his butt.
Forward Tilt
A slight upward kick with his front foot. Think Ganondorf's u-smash as a tilt.
Up Tilt
Leans over and jumps up, using his shell to inflict damage.
Down Tilt
Kneels and does a short kick on the ground similar to Luigi.
Dash Attack
Runs and jumps about mid height into his shell and either connects or gets on the ground and can remain in shell for an additional 2-3 seconds, and may trip up opponent on the follow through like Wario's trip.

Forward Smash
Missile Kick
: Think Fox's original f-smash from Smash 64. Just spins and kicks in mid air with both feet.
Up Smash
Shell Shocked
: Squats down and jumps up hitting the opponent with his shell to launch them p. Similar to u-Tilt but he actually gets low in a crouch and explodes up instead of just poking his shell up.
Down Smash
Ricoshell
: Paratroopa quickly jumps into his shell and rumbles left and right really quickly.

Ledge Attack
Hops up from the ledge with a bottom sole kick.
'Get Up' Attack
Does a spinarooni on his shell kicking around him while he's getting up.
Aerials & Throws
Neutral Air

A 360 spin just like Duck Hunt.
Forward Air
A sideways spin, the N-Air but sideways so he looks like a disc but not in his shell.
Up Air
Just like Captain Falcon and Ganon, does a flip in the air and connects with his foot.
Down Air
Reclines in mid-air where his shell is facing down for damage.
Back Air
Does a reverse kick just like Donkey Kong in air.

Grab
Chomps at opponent with his mouth like Duck Hunt.
Pummel
Gives a headbutt.
Forward Throw
Like Wario's forward throw, except with his shell not butt.
Up Throw
Tosses them over his head barely and leans over and pops them up with his shell..
Down Throw
Slams the enemy to the ground and then slams his shell into them.
Back Throw
Does a mini spin toss that throws opponent barely in the air, then jumps into his shell and hits them

-------

Neutral Specials
Standard - Mario World Projectile Medley
Like Pac-Man selecting which item to use, KPT goes through his own selection of items feature Hammer Bro hammers, Boomerang Bro, A medium sized Bullet Bill which you can control the speed like Samus' missile, Poison Mushroom, or a max of 2 Spineys that will walk around fast or slow depending on how long you hold B when you release them. Here's the great thing, if you hold B it goes into the selection mode like Pac Man, once you pick that item, all you have to do is tap B again to use the same item until you switch out to a different item so it's not exactly random.

Side Specials
Standard - Rollout!
Down Specials
Standard - Pipeline Friends
Like Duck Hunt calling out Gunmen for assistance, Koopa calls upon Warp Pipes from Mario with different attacks. In random order, you can get Petey Piranha to jump out quickly, a fireball to jump out (Bowser's castle), or a Chargin' Chuck to come running out. Like the Gunmen, the Pipe can be used as an extra shield barrier to protect KPT

Up Specials
Standard - Lakitu's Cloud 9
Haven't decided yet, but either KPT grabs Lakitu's fishing rod and is pulled up to safety, or Lakitu catches him in the cloud and KPT flies up the remainder of the way for a few seconds before the cloud evaporates.

Final Smash - Koopa Patrol Unite!
Like Duck Hunt, a flock of Koopa Paratroopas flies in and kidnaps your opponent next to you. We then see a cutscene of all the Mario enemies getting a lick in. The Hammer Bros and Boomerang Bros throw their projectiles, 2 Chargin' Chucks come in and each hit you, then Petey Piranha swallows you and spits you out.

Special Gimmick
Not really to his benefit, but KPT has super invincibility when using Side B charge. If he misses however and your opponent times a jump correctly and lands on him the second time around, you'll be stuck and the enemy can throw you around with slightly delay before you get out of the shell and can jump back up.

Miscellaneous Character Aspects
Entrance

Lakit Flies in and KPT jumps from the cloud and into his spot.
Idle 1
Turns and looks at his shell to see it squeaky clean and shiny.
Idle 2
With his short arms, kicks his feet into the air one by one and tries to touch them with his hands.
Taunt 1
Turns into Dry Bones and his bones fall on the floor as if you jumped on him in the game.
Taunt 2
Jumps up and down happily like Yoshi
Taunt 3
Does a spinarooni on his shell.
Victory1
While in shell mode, rumbles back and forth between two Warp Pipes really fast (as if it was in a game) then jumps up and celebrates.
Victory2
KPT's shell comes loose and he's running to capture it, lands on it picks it up and holds it up like a trophy.
Victory3
Hiding in his shell scared, once his name is called he peaks his head out of the shell and smiles.
Victory Theme
Mushroom Kingdom Theme like all other Mario Characters.

Apologies in advanced guys! Sorry I don't know how to format colors on this board yet, still trying to figure out so I can separate things and make it readable. To the mods, I've never done one like this before I just stole the format from Rayman DLC thread. If I'm doing something wrong just let me know. Sorry in advance again!

Last edited:

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice
I supposed I should've added a Pink Shell skin as a homage to the Spiny since there is no black shell. But the black looks sick and is sort of a tribute to Dry Bones.

Why have a generic paratrooper when you can have parakarry?

The sad partis paratrooper was like my 5th most wanted for brawl. I can respect all the work tho

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I was skeptical until I saw the alts. Well played.

As much as I would love this to happen (particularly in that it would pave the way for the likes of Shy Guy to show up), I don't see it as being at all likely. If a distinctive Koopa Troopa appears as a playable character, as with Captain Toad and Bandana Dee, I think it'd be a lot more possible.

The purpose of support threads is to support, though. Doesn't matter how likely or unlikely they are.

I'm not going to say I support, since I don't know enough about the concept to contribute my time or blessing to it, but I respect your dedication and wish you luck.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
A generic Paratroopa can't happen since they're enemies in Smash Run. That said, if it were one such as Parrykarry, I could see it occurring.

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice
A generic Paratroopa can't happen since they're enemies in Smash Run. That said, if it were one such as Parrykarry, I could see it occurring.
It can certainly happen.

Just to be generically speaking here, the Yoshi we know is just one of many different Yoshis... but this particular Yoshi has a full backstory being the Yoshi that is Mario's sidekick.

You could definitely have a generic Koopa Paratroopa. But I could see you having ParaKarry as a character and giving him different alts like I posted.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Very well made, even if the chances are unlikely I'll support the Paratroopa...

^You can use this for the Dry Bones alt...

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice
Very well made, even if the chances are unlikely I'll support the Paratroopa...

^You can use this for the Dry Bones alt...
I just realized that I only had 7 skins and Smash usually has 8 I think... what's the name of the enemy that in the original 2D games you'd have to face at the end of the warship stages? Not the castle stages, but he had like glasses a magic wand and a spiked shell I think.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I just realized that I only had 7 skins and Smash usually has 8 I think... what's the name of the enemy that in the original 2D games you'd have to face at the end of the warship stages? Not the castle stages, but he had like glasses a magic wand and a spiked shell I think.
Those are the Koopaling's, they're already playable though...

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I say maybe a Buzzy Beetle-esque shell? That and the Magikoopa are the only types of major Koopa types that are really missing.

Top Bottom