• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DJC aerials vs. Instant Float-Cancelled Aerials?

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman
Obviously, the instant FC and the DJC are both meant to get aerials out very quickly, but I'm starting to wonder which aerials are more efficient with each of these techniques.

I find myself DJCing nairs and occassionally bairs, but mostly just utilizing FCs for everything else (though this might just be because I like holding on to turnips a bit). Also, if one is considerably better than the other, is there much reason to integrate both into gameplay other than mixing things up every now and then? Maybe particular situations where one would be favorable over the other?

thanks

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm a Ness player as well as a Peach player and I find it awkward to DjC with Peach. The point of DjC'ing is to get aireals out faster and closer to the enemy than a normal sh. DjC only seems a little bit faster (coming out that is), but float cancel has much less lag... The only moves I djc or Nair, bair, and the occasional uair juggle....

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I wonder this myself. Im really afraid to DJ an aerial attack for if I mess up and if im close to my enemy, I leave my self open. I really cant find a use for it myself. I just stick to FC, its more simple and Fast to do the other aerials out the shield the DJ. This is my opinion though. but im not really sure how to use it and put it into game play. Like is it really needed? I dont see many pro Peaches useing it in battle.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
DjC nair out of shield is useful. There's a bunch of stuff on using DjC to turn around and stuff. It's really advanced though. I wish a better Peach player was here....

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I only DJC nair, and FC everything else.

Y Y A L-cancel. :)

I get a lot of kills with DJC nair. I learned that you can't just run up to them and do it, it has to be spontaneous. You can even string 3 of 4 together at low percentages. DJC nair, run forward, repeat.

If I instant-FC nair, I find that I can't get the most powerful hit.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
I find it useful when I'm up against Fox! It seems to me that sometimes I can get him off guard with DJC rather than FC. And its kind of situational as well! Because yes if you mess up you will get punished. Forgot to mention that DJC Fair is not worth at all! Only Nair,Bair and very rarely Uair. I believe FC is much more useful.

Matsu18p

Smash Apprentice
I DJC bairs randomly, I get a lot of hits with it, and if timed properly is faster and can be comboed into dsmashes. DJC bairs out of the shield are useful imo, although fc>DJC in pretty much most situations, mostly use it to vary my game up and mess with the opponent.

peachori

Smash Journeyman
the advantage of the djc comes mostly in how it makes you in really weird paths, i find myself using both to make myself harder for my opponent to read, but predominantly FC. but djc aerial out of shield is nice and sometimes you can catch people off guard with djc aerials at strange times

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Her DjC allows her to go almost horizontally too. With Ness I DjC with XYA (well I'm supposed to...), and with Peach I do up on the control stick + x or y + z. I still do that with Ness, but since XYA is faster and allows for some horizontal trajectory I'm learning to do it with XYA (really hard). Peach can't DjC as fast as Ness so my older method works fine with her (fast enough for the attack to come out, but not to fast for it to hit the ground before coming out).

Ghostype

Smash Champion
A much better player than me told me to DJC my aerials with Peach (not always, but to just do it), so I DJC frequently now. I like keeping my fingers busy as well so this fits my style better.

thesage - If you're going to C3 let's do DJC Peach dittos. No turnips, just a bunch of DJC'ing. looool

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
I personally use FC most of the time.. i usually use DJC when:
1.) DJC B-air after D-throw
2.) DJC N-air out of shield **
3.) DJC with a turnip throw for an approach
4.) Jump away then DJC a F-Air towards the opponent

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
Same here, I think you should just use DJC out of shields thats about it.
and someone said you should do it against fox, why fox? :confused: when he is recovering?
I use it sometimes against fox, when I D-throw.. if they don't tech it then i'll use a DJC B-air after the bounce and sometimes, at the right percentages, i can do 1-3 more DJC B-airs.. the whole thing does about 40% damage...

Magus420

Smash Master
As long as you do it right FC airs come out just as fast or faster than DJC airs, and if you can do them fast enough they ****.

Though I can't quite do them that perfect in succession all the time, I instant FC nair -> jab -> instant FC nair comboed a Sheik at like 80 today. It sure was silly looking, lol. I personally find b-airs to be the easiest to repeatedly instant FC with.

Samochan

Smash Master
DJC with peach is amazing for mindgames. Run from platform, djc back with a bair and own your opponent is one example of djc application. ^^ Mostly fc aerials of course, but djc is good for different stuff.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
A much better player than me told me to DJC my aerials with Peach (not always, but to just do it), so I DJC frequently now. I like keeping my fingers busy as well so this fits my style better.

thesage - If you're going to C3 let's do DJC Peach dittos. No turnips, just a bunch of DJC'ing. looool
That would've been sooooo gay. Mabye at Chu's next tourney.

Top Bottom