• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dik Dik Punch - Pseudo Gazelle Punch on Dreamland 64's odd ledges.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
On dreamland if you do a ledge getup- you are actually put in the air for 1 frame --interrupting the normal animation making possible to whip out a KO punch earlier than if done on other stages. Idk why but LM's ledge getup on DL64 is weird like that.

this way is still a few frames slower than the gazelle punch but easier and dont have to worry about a rising air punch.

sorry for the lack of gifs or videos- i dont have a great way to show a synchronized side by side comparison.

instead here's a video of Dik Dik Van Dik. btw Dik Diks are small gazelle-like animals

also you can do any other moves like upb sideb ,

you can even do a turnaround KO punch and you wont fall offstage. potentially allowing for something like ledge trump into a well time turnaround Dik Dik punch.

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
'Dik Dik punch'

Alright, you just made my day. Don't have dreamland but still having problems with doing Gazelle Punches, and personally I probably won't be able to since my sense of timing is usually off when it comes to like very select frame attacks and stuff.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1

first just shows off the dik dik punch, second shows that mac is indeed in the air for a few frames

Top Bottom