• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong New Up Air + Footstool Shenanigans

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705

I posted this here knowing well that it may belong in the Diddy threads, however, I thought people from all boards deserved to know of it, so, posted it here. Please move the thread if it belongs elsewhere ^^

Anyways, this sucks. :3

Rehnquist

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if it is limited to just heavies or if heavies are just easier targets

Pyr

Smash Lord
As stated in the tech thread, anyone with a 3-frame aerial can do this. The hitbox and knockback of the aerial will determine how useful it is from character to character. Little Mac is hilarious to watch with his nair.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
...Scary but can this combo if done correctly or will air dodge or other quick escape options just always defeat this?

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Like Little Mac's nair combo, DI and SDI break this.

Hilarious, but put down the pitchforks and stop dialing CNN.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Like Little Mac's nair combo, DI and SDI break this.

Hilarious, but put down the pitchforks and stop dialing CNN.
Still wouldn't complain if it got Sakurai to give Diddy a normal Uair hitbox.

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
Um first of all it was on Training mode, No stale move negation = it was able to kill on FD.

Little macs combo isn't even a combo, not enough hitstun.

You can footstool while your opponent is in hitstun I.E. it can combo. We know that Uair > Uair combos, there is definitely enough hitstun for the is to combo.

The first Uair is a set-up not combo.

DI only can cut the combo short, ending with a fair is good fore damage.

It only works with Bowser DK and CHarizard, not because of bigger hurtboxes, if this was teh case then it should of worked with Dedede and gannon.

It works because of their special Footstool animation. just observe for yourself.

Also in teh read I said
Uair > Buffered SH footstool > Uair > Buffered FH footstool > Uair > Buffered FH footstool > Uair

It is impossible to buffer full hop Footstools. For whatever arbitrary reasons, If you buffer a footstool it is always short hops, unless other circumstances force a Full hop.

I think this clears up most of everything

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
He can fly real high without his jetpack on.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Who knows? This might catch Sakurai's attention...

Last edited:

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
You can DI the Uairs so cute but not entirely guaranteed
I think It works slightly better with bowser since he's heavier and travels horizontally not as far. I was drifting forward teh entire time and used A-stick for DK, But for bowser I had to control how far I drift and be sure to not drift to far.

But because of his extra weight, he has less hitstun so I'm not 100% how well or what percents it actually combos.

getting elevator off-the-top kills with a Full hop footstool > Uair > Uair at higher percents is still a neat trick though

Last edited:

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
There is so much hype for diddy kong. Just wait a few months and the diddy hype train will die down

Top Bottom