• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Match-Up Thread (Hoo Huh?)

:4diddy: Diddy discussion

Let's talk about Diddy

Questions are...

How to deal with Monkey Flip (Spotdodge)
How to minimize getting grabbed in general
Which art to avoid using at certain moments
What moves we should avoid using

Also... This may help:
ZeRo's tweets
  • Diddy's Down Throw up air STOPS working around 80% on MOST chars, based on your horizontal air movement if you hold BEHIND him as he throws
  • At 0%, DI Diddy's Down Throw ABOVE HIM, and then DI in front of him, this way, ONLY one up air will string you and not TWO if you di behind
  • If you hit Diddy Kong's recovery while he's charging it, he literally INSTANTLY dies, EDGEGUARD HIM, he's REALLY vulnerable off stage
  • Use long lasting moves vs Diddy's recover, smack his side B until he's not at ledge level, drop down with a long lasting move on his upb GG
  • Diddy's best stage is Halberd and Final Destination - Halberd due to early KO's due to vertical blastzone and FD due to no landing options
  • Whenever Diddy grabs you, hold behind him, almost always, ESPECIALLY at kill percents - you may take a f-air in, but won't die to up air
  • Diddy Kong players usually roll behind you to either d tilt, or run shield or try to grab you, to fight this, grab him first or spot dodge
  • Your mentality vs Diddy is to not get grabbed, get him off stage, gimp him, watch out for side b mix ups when he holds a banana
  • The thing that makes diddy actually really good in this game is that shields lack pushback when hit and he has grab combos dont get grabbed
  • Ok one more thing before back to anime tweeting - diddys usually side b when you shield too often or when they hold a banana, SPOT DODGE IT
I'd say jump is our actual main KO art as opposed to smash if we're aiming for the gimp strategy but what are your thoughts anyway?

Last edited:

Zephil

Smash Ace
Great lets talk about the annoying monkey.

As Zero said, Diddy's are happy rollers that like to roll behind you. In this case then nair works wonders and a couple of well timed dmashes can get some kills.

Spacing is a must and Diddy loves to space with fair and bair as they are very quick and have great range. I think this is the main problem vs Diddy as while we beat it in range, its speed makes it difficult for us to space our attacks at the right time. Just one mistake in your spacing and you already have the monkey in your face.

nair > banana, especially when using Jump or Speed were your mobility is improved so if you want to approach and he has a banana, make sure of spacing well your nairs so they can cover you from a banana throw and make sure you land behind him to not get shield grabbed.

I don't recommend using Buster at all at least until you are around 60% as Diddy has many combos at lower %s so instead go around mixing Speed, Jump, and Normal Shulk.

If you are able to get hold of the banana you can use it to make your approaches safer like sh -> z drop banana -> nair should work wonders.

Space more with fair and approach when necessary with nair. If you miss a tech be unpredictable in your recovery as Diddy can punish you with a grab if you stand up normally, shield grab if stand up attacking, and it can also punish you if you roll both sides with a running grab or a side B.

That's all I can think for now...

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
This video should help us discuss the Shulk vs Diddy MU (Trela vs Zinoto).
I'd say jump is our actual main KO art as opposed to smash if we're aiming for the gimp strategy but what are your thoughts anyway?
I think that we should be focusing on aerials for KOs since smash attacks look way too risky for this MU. Jump would help, especially for going low and hitting him while he's charging up B, and Smash would not be bad for when he's recovering with monkey flip.
How to deal with Monkey Flip (Spotdodge)
A spot dodge is better than shielding if the Diddy does not do the kick with the monkey flip, but if he does you can shield grab it. I wonder if a retreating Fair might do the trick as well (do it oos)?

@ Berserker. Berserker. These are very helpful.
ZeRo's tweets said:
  • Diddy's Down Throw up air STOPS working around 80% on MOST chars, based on your horizontal air movement if you hold BEHIND him as he throws
  • At 0%, DI Diddy's Down Throw ABOVE HIM, and then DI in front of him, this way, ONLY one up air will string you and not TWO if you di behind
  • If you hit Diddy Kong's recovery while he's charging it, he literally INSTANTLY dies, EDGEGUARD HIM, he's REALLY vulnerable off stage
  • Use long lasting moves vs Diddy's recover, smack his side B until he's not at ledge level, drop down with a long lasting move on his upb GG
  • Diddy's best stage is Halberd and Final Destination - Halberd due to early KO's due to vertical blastzone and FD due to no landing options
  • Whenever Diddy grabs you, hold behind him, almost always, ESPECIALLY at kill percents - you may take a f-air in, but won't die to up air
  • Diddy Kong players usually roll behind you to either d tilt, or run shield or try to grab you, to fight this, grab him first or spot dodge
  • Your mentality vs Diddy is to not get grabbed, get him off stage, gimp him, watch out for side b mix ups when he holds a banana
  • The thing that makes diddy actually really good in this game is that shields lack pushback when hit and he has grab combos dont get grabbed
  • Ok one more thing before back to anime tweeting - diddys usually side b when you shield too often or when they hold a banana, SPOT DODGE IT
Otherwise, I agree with everything Zephil said as well. This seems like a match up that is in Diddy's favor though.

I wonder at what damage we get out of Diddy's Dthrow Uair while in MSmash. Also, is a well spaced Bair safe if Diddy shields it, or is the landing lag too high?

Last edited:

TheHopefulHero

Smash Apprentice
I think the landing lag with B-Air is a bit too high unless you Monado Art Cancel. Beyond that I agree with everything that's been mentioned.

@ Berserker. Berserker. - Maybe the Jump Combo we looked up at the Lab may come in handy here?

Probably but anyway, let's focus more on how to beat this monkey than slapping a ratio on the match up (Because that's a given against Shulk and almost everyone in the game)

Anyway, one problem is that Shulk doesn't have any long lasting hitbox so you're gonna have to be precise with his aerials when trying to gimp Diddy. Although jump seems to help, it still doesn't solve the fact that Shulk's aerials don't linger. I still think this match up really just comes down to not getting grabbed because a good amount of Diddy's damage comes from all his throw combo stupidity, and that Shulk is already combo fodder by default to begin with. Easier said than done but you guys should be familiar with this tactic if you were competitive in Brawl

Last edited:

TheHopefulHero

Smash Apprentice
Noted. I remember the nightmares this monkey brought at tournaments.
You're right on the fact that Shulk needs to be precise with aerials / attacks or he'll be eaten up (namely if he whiffs, the attack is blocked, his start-up for attacks, & attack-recovery.) . I'm thinking that maybe we should stay in Speed in order to avoid getting grabbed, while giving us a chance to grab Diddy, damage reduction or not. All we need is just a way approach comfortably, while still avoiding grab-range & that evil banana.

N-Air & F-Air helps, but people are getting smart about these tactics, and blocking them by instinct. We just need a way to shift into the offense...

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I'd avoid Buster completely in this match up. Diddy's strings are too good, and the extra % is costly.

Most of our attacks have a lot of ending lag and this is the match in which everything WILL get punished. Everything.

TBH I'd stick almost 100% to Jump or vanilla, since the bananas can interfere a lot with Speed. Although I'm thinking in terms of a flat stage. The problem is that Shulk's approach is starting to become SUPER predictable, since Nair and Fair are basically our only choice. Jump at least takes us high up where he can't reach us and we can land in relative safety. That way me may be able to bait them and try to punish any whiff. Also, by keeping Jump on, you can take advantage of it to gimp any off-stage mojo you can capitalize on.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
You should be prioritizing speed all the time anyways. Not merely to avoid grabs. Without Speed you lack the level of stage presence that demands respect. Diddy gets control of the situation because generally everything he will do, you won't be in-range to stop him. If he throws a command grab it's likely at your recovery frames or a read of your movement given how much slower you are. That's all risky vs Speed.

Last edited:
Quote from Solid Sense. May help you guys
That's fair/reasonable, but that's Diddy's strength in basically every MU. Shulk has strengths against him too. I don't think that it's in Shulk's favor or anything, but probably it's slight advantage: Diddy. The best thing about the MU is the range on Shulk's tilts and the ability to edgeguard with Jump.

I don't fastfall n-air against him because he's a very mobile ground character and he will run up and shield it so close that you can get shieldgrabbed or even just dashgrabbed/FH f-aired before you can throw out another aerial/jab. Instead I do a lot of walking back and forth and pressuring Diddy with tilts. Remember that grab armor is gone so he's not going to grab you unless you hit his shield at super close range (landing into him is the best way to accomplish this since you can't jab fast enough, so again don't aerial). Diddy loves to shield, so Buster is a good choice because he has a hard time punishing your tilts on his shield.

I don't use smash monado to KO Diddy because d-throw up-air is real as you guys have noted. Instead, I use Speed. Speed is a bad choice at low percents imo but a really good choice at higher percents because you want to grab him before he can grab you for the KO. If you can get him offstage with a throw from Speed, you can then run up and f-air the obviously incoming Monkey Flip (he always goes for that first to recover if he can). If he goes past Monkey Flip range then he's definitely going to go for rocketbarrel boost, so you can switch to Jump from here and dive deep to get the f-air KO (he has to charge it for it to be worth anything; you have to memorize the animation and react to it to time the swing of your f-air, otherwise you will miss and let him get away with a free angled up-b).

That's my approach anyway. Has worked to decent success against some high-level Diddys, but have yet to play Tyrant (best Diddy on my coast probably). If I did play Tyrant I would totally use Pikachu lol.
+1 :4shulk:

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Masonomace gave advice about Diddy's grounded bananas in the moveset/metagame thread, so I'm quoting that here.
Don't get you started on Banana Peels? Pish pash I'd want that~

If you have trouble with Banana Peels on the ground, you have several means of picking them up in Speed mode:
  • Running to it, pressing A to grab it, & dodge roll away to be safe (you can do all of this in quick succession) (PM if needed)
  • SH > N-air (The N-air catches the Banana Peel as you're rising)
  • SH > F-air (a bit unsafe albeit if spaced by retreating with it, you're very safe)
  • FH > F-air Z-catch (The F-air catches the Banana Peel as you're rising) (And you can throw the Banana Peel after your F-air)
  • Falling Z-catch upon landing without aerial (Do this as you're FF'ing to the ground & press Z)
  • Landing N-air Item-catch (Example: F-air to zone the air & then input N-air upon landing to catch the Banana Peel)
I haven't explored everything we can do with a Banana Peel while Speed mode is active, but there are some cool things we can do with it, such as JCIT (Jump Canceled Item Throw) which is some extra sliding distance.

It may be too late for some more Diddy but this video is a must-watch if you want to learn more about how to handle Diddy. Props to NAKAT (I'll try not to tag him, it might bother him) for making this video

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
I feel like it is a -2. When I fight good diddys in glory mode, I always get ***** more or less. When I got momentum with him, it doesn't look so hard, yes. But it is much easier for the diddy to turn it into his favour than the nother way round, he is just too fast and his Side B is a great wild card. -1 would be fine to me if we could stay in Speed Mode all the time, but we cant. When I switch to Kirby or Mario, it feels a lot easier to me. And even Kirbys Matchup is probably a -1 because of his early Up-Air Kill. Diddy is the best character in the game, a -1 would be quite good already, and Shulk is actually one of the worse choices.

Do some of you have videos from a shulk who beat a good diddy? I would like to see that.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
For the record, if you want punish a greedy Diddy player, use Vision. Diddy players that love to up aerial do not appreciate getting smacked in the face. However keep in mind not to use it a lot and mix it up, it's mainly used to escape from Diddy's up aerial shenanigans and a savvy Diddy player can spot it and take advantage of it.

I feel like it is a -2. When I fight good diddys in glory mode, I always get ***** more or less. When I got momentum with him, it doesn't look so hard, yes. But it is much easier for the diddy to turn it into his favour than the nother way round, he is just too fast and his Side B is a great wild card. -1 would be fine to me if we could stay in Speed Mode all the time, but we cant. When I switch to Kirby or Mario, it feels a lot easier to me. And even Kirbys Matchup is probably a -1 because of his early Up-Air Kill. Diddy is the best character in the game, a -1 would be quite good already, and Shulk is actually one of the worse choices.

Do some of you have videos from a shulk who beat a good diddy? I would like to see that.
Spot dodging is your best option against Side B. Not 100% but it won't get you grabbed nor kicked. Abusing his recovery with jump and playing patiently works. FF N-air is a horrible idea because Diddy can punish Shulk easily by shield grabbing and you are not suppose to get grabbed by Diddy (or at least, grabbed that often). I have the same strategy with Ness and it's to just go run in and run back against Diddy and harass him with your range. I use speed or buster activated while doing this. I almost never used N-air for rushing down nor for even poking to begin with. It's only a move I use to run away with but I found myself using F-air almost all the time when I'm in mid-air (and I use d-tilt for spacing on the ground).

If we want to be specific, I'll talk about the campy Diddys..... They're the ONES that made me think about making it a -2. These are the ones I hate the most. They're the ones waiting for a meaty punish. The "Run in and out" strategy still works but you have to make sure you don't whiff a lot of attacks because Diddy can punish anything Shulk can do. If you guys aren't familiar, Diddy had this peanut+banana combo. It's still a pain to deal with in this game. Using an aerial to cancel out a peanut is a no-no. That's just asking for a harsh punishment (Shield grab or monkey flip kick, you name it). Power shielding and rolling (backward) is your safest bet. Well, rolling won't be safe sometimes if the Diddy has a damn banana planted near him.

Also, DI'ing d-throw really helps in alleviating the damage you take from Diddy and it also helps in not getting KO'd so early. If the types of Diddys you go against rely on throw combos to rack up damage, learning how to DI is very crucial and important for you. Once Diddy's off stage, take advantage of Shulk's jump art and edgeguard him.

There was a video a while back but it's going to take a while to look for it. To be fair, I think I should just switch my score to a -2 since playing a campy Diddy is probably the best way to go against Shulk (or against any character)

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
Since people usually get out of dthrow uair at 80%
Would it make sense to increase either our damage taken and/or decrease our weight with jump/buster/smash in order to get out of this combo...sooner ?

I don't know if it'd be worth it, but it's an idea. I, too, have had the best results with jump against Diddy in the neutral (although I suck at speed), but I like to keep it off cooldown so that I can get every opportunity to edgeguard him that he offers me.

Alright, I'm pretty convinced that this might be a -1. The match up isn't really as bad as I thought. Think Sheik and Sonic are definitely worse. Ask me some questions (@SolidSense might be able to answer if he still wants)

Last edited:

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
-2 or +2 (Solid advantage/disadvantage)
The opposing character has the clear favor but it's not unwinnable

I really think it's in favor of Diddy, but not unwinnable. You have to legitimately out play the Diddy to beat him here.

Artryuu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Artryuu
3DS FC
5086-2093-6692
The other day I played against one good friend who plays diddy and he admitted me that speed and smash are the arts that he fears when I use. Speed and mindgames help a ton against diddy. Gimps as well. Try not to use bair as this attack is super laggy unless you will MALC it. NEVER airdodge when you get grabbed and get a d-throw to upair at 100+. The upair can't reach you at this percent so diddy baits it waiting the airdodge, jump instead to the other side and try to land safely. Backslash works when diddys tend to take their banana. Careful using shulk's smash attacks to get a kill, I recommend bair on Malc, Fair, and even F-tilt as they are not laggy. Watch out with shulks laggy aerials as one mistake can be super punishable. I'll try to get a video of the matchup.

Still this matchup favours diddy +1 but not unwinnable... bring mindgames... Because of shulk's laggy attacks, and unfortunately
speed doesn't last forever.

Last edited:
Also think it's -1. Speed is great but I'll talk about buster

Turtling with buster and staying grounded is MUCH better than trying to contest Diddy in mid-air with buster. Just focus on using your tilts, pivot f-tilt and jab. You still need to maximize your range with your tilts. Do not underestimate the range on Shulk's ground tilts (which are overshadowed by f-air, b-air, and n-air's range). They all have incredibly long range. Try to get used to their hitboxes and utilize his ground attacks more often against Diddy. Using Shulk's aerials is risky against Diddy because Diddy can punish all of them (even n-air) easily. I'd refrain from using f-smash because Diddy can harshly punish f-smash. The only time you'll be using aerials is if there's an opening that allows you to go in with n-air, or if you're trying to cover your landing, or if you've spaced well enough with the aerial. As for his banana, your best option is to pick it up and throw it off stage (unless you have speed on). DO NOT swat the banana because you'll get punished easily. Monkey flip is a 50/50 grab or hit mix up. Safest option against monkey flip is to spot dodge. Once Diddy is off-stage, edgeguard him with jump

Oh and imo. Don't kill me

Last edited:

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Stay grounded against Diddy? *shrugs*
Makes sense. I faced a good diddy through smashladder today and was using my usual aerial game, and was surprised by how ineffective my aerials were.

I'll need to try this next time I face one then.

That doesn't mean you should avoid using aerials. Just be more careful with utilizing them

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I like to do retreating Nairs or Fairs while in Monado Speed to meet monkey flips. Nair is more for prediction and Fair is more for reaction. This doesn't work when up close to Diddy, though. But yeah, I don't think spot dodging is the only option against that move.
The other day I played against one good friend who plays diddy and he admitted me that speed and smash are the arts that he fears when I use. Speed and mindgames help a ton against diddy. Gimps as well. Try not to use bair as this attack is super laggy unless you will MALC it. NEVER airdodge when you get grabbed and get a d-throw to upair at 100+. The upair can't reach you at this percent so diddy baits it waiting the airdodge, jump instead to the other side and try to land safely. Backslash works when diddys tend to take their banana. Careful using shulk's smash attacks to get a kill, I recommend bair on Malc, Fair, and even F-tilt as they are not laggy. Watch out with shulks laggy aerials as one mistake can be super punishable. I'll try to get a video of the matchup.

Still this matchup favours diddy +1 but not unwinnable... bring mindgames... Because of shulk's laggy attacks, and unfortunately speed doesn't last forever.

I agree with Speed usage here. I'm usually a busterer, but Speed works the best for me here. Maybe part of it is that Shulk's grounded game is improved.

Instead of smash, though, I think Jump is better at high percents so that we can gimp his up B and respond to mid-air monkey flips with greater ease.

Tip: Don't spot dodge his side smash. Two hits. That's what made me lose the match against that diddy from smash ladder.

FOcast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FOcast763
I agree that staying grounded against Diddy is where you want to be in general, but when he's holding a banana or has just thrown one at you, going for short hop tomahawks can be a powerful option. Diddy wants to get those grabs, and empty shorthop beats his dashgrab for an easy punish when you land right in front of him. Retreating Fairs also work well for the grab read and are safer, but aren't quite as strong as what you can get off of a tomahawk.

Well, my suspicions were answered

Diddy's monkey flip is NOT invincible at its start up. It's all a myth

Chickenmcdonky

Smash Cadet
It's really sad that being a bit slow is still such a huge disadvantage in Smash. All the Shulks and Ikes have to work so hard while the Sonics and the Diddys get circlejerk each other until we finally catch up or Sakurai speeds the rest of us up a little.

Scarhi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eriaaasu
Since Diddy's rewards are so good when he gets a hit in neutral, would it be a good idea to use the Shield Art at lower percentages in order to take less damage and hitstun ? And once we manage to take positional advantage, we could maybe switch to Buster or Speed ?

I also feel that MALLC is going to make a huge difference in this match-up since we'll be able to pressure Diddy from the air with safe aerials (can't be punished by an OoS banana throw anymore) once we get the hang of it. I guess full hopped MALLC can be caught on the way down by Diddy's fast Uair, though, so short hop is probably our best bet :)

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Just a little reminder, the Speed Arts have an underrated advantage against Diddy in regards to his Banana peels. I won't say it's good to be hit freely by Naners, but any movement option (ex: standing? / walking / dashing / running) you influence (D or H)Speed Shulk to do helps avoid Diddy's dash-grab follow-up from the slipping effect because you slip much farther distances. Running across a Naner on the ground to escape a horrible position without rolling, or dashing toward a Naner thrown at you will surprisingly help you by a good margin (Again, it's not good to take damage in the first place, but if you think it will alleviate the situation you're in, I say sure to only taking little damage for it).

The Shield Arts on the other hand make Shulk travel less distance when slipping across the floor by a Naner or by a Naner thrown. And fyi, the slipping animation is not reduced by (D or H)Shield whatsoever. I don't know if the Smash Arts produce any interesting results for Shulk like if he was launched farther during the slipping animation or not, but I wouldn't approve of it either (depends on what happens). I'm also curious of what happens when (D or H)Jump Shulk jumps in the air & lands on the floor while sliding into a Naner throw or Naner on the floor.

Oh & this is tiny info that hasn't been said or maybe we knew already, but a Banana Peel disappears after hitting or slipping someone once & also disappears when it's thrown twice without hitting anything. Aerials destroy the Naner with ease along with other moves as well.

Last edited:

RomanRamen

Smash Rookie
NNID
RomanRamen
3DS FC
1993-9497-6990
Hopefully I can add some decent info. I've been getting better at this match-up, I play it similarly to how I face Sonic by switching between Jump and Speed. I try not to get into situations where I have to shield attacks so moving around a lot is great for me (better to somehow go on the offense since Shulk's defense is slightly lacking). There's a small thing I learned on surviving down throw-up air at KO percents. Right when you get down thrown while in hit stun, change to Shield art and air dodge ASAP. If they read the air dodge you'll be safe since as soon as the air dodge ends Shield activates. My favorite way to edge guard the offstage monkey flip towards the ledge is with nair and fair, it's good to always mix up your options even slightly. Hopefully some of this helps.

FOcast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FOcast763
Guys.

Guys.

When holding a banana in Speed mode, Dash away -> JCIT back -> Dash cancelled Up Smash is a true combo that starts killing around 100%. If you've got good eyes, you can hit-confirm this, and go for a grab instead of Up Smash if they shield - or do anything else you want out of your dash.

Seriously, Speed mode JCIT is amazing.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Guys.

Guys.

When holding a banana in Speed mode, Dash away -> JCIT back -> Dash cancelled Up Smash is a true combo that starts killing around 100%. If you've got good eyes, you can hit-confirm this, and go for a grab instead of Up Smash if they shield - or do anything else you want out of your dash.

Seriously, Speed mode JCIT is amazing.
Wow, that's quite the slide!

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Can we revisit this for a moment? I think that the MU is even or possibly Shulk wins because of Diddy's weakened KO Options. Shield, Buster, and Smash Monado Arts all benefit from Diddy being nerfed. What do you all think?

Could be even but I need more experience on how the patch affects Diddy vs Shulk but as far as I'm concerned

Diddy still has the hoo hah but it's much weaker. He'll also need to work harder for KO's by damaging but his damage output on f-air and u-air (and d-throw) were weakened slightly. U-throw > U-air is a viable substitute for hoo hah, but that's pretty much his only actual KO option now that f-air has been weakened.

I've heard that instead of DI'ing behind Diddy, you're better off DI'ing upward at lower percentages. You'll get one u-air hit if you DI upward as opposed to taking more damage from f-air or b-air if you DI back. At KO percentages, DI to Diddy's back.

All his arts benefit from this nerf. We're basically fighting a slightly watered down Diddy with a not-so good recovery, which isn't all that difficult.

His bananas are still annoying but with speed art, we want him to pull out the banana :smirk:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I think Smash will be much better against Diddy now. Hoo hah and uthrow to uair are harder to pull off and are much less lethal now. His only reliable kill option is now uthrow to uair like Berserker said, but uthrow doesn't kill until very high percents (did some testing in Training and it's about ~250% w/ Smash on) and we'd be sent way too high for uair to connect. Since we won't have to worry about him killing us now from the increased knockback we take, we can easily get rid of one of his stocks without too much fear. The only problem I see with this is that bthrow can kill at the ledge at about 110 in Smash, but as long as we're careful to not get in that situation, Smash will be much more useful in this MU

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
Only one note: I think that also buster is less risky now that a lot of Diddy's moves do less damage. So maybe the Buster---> Smash playstyle with some usage of speed for positioning, mindgames and contrast the banana can be effective in this match up. I say now it's +0.

Top Bottom