• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Di or Die

T-Murder

Smash Apprentice
KCMO Smash Bros proudly presents our first smash bros tournament! Pew Pew Card and Games (1404 S Broadway Oak Grove, Mo 64075) has been kind enough to let us use there venue. We will be hosting both Brawl and PM 3.0. Venue fee will be $5.00 and each individual event will be $5.00 as well (singles and doubles for both Brawl and PM). Rules and a list of legal stages and counter-picks will be posted at a future time. Event schedule will be announced later as we get closer to the tournament. We also have a Di or Die Facebook event which you can join. So weather you are a novice at Smash bros or a competitive player come out and show us your moves.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
So, from what I've heard this is supposed to be in two days, but I haven't seen an exact time or ruleset yet. So what's the story with this event?

T-Murder

Smash Apprentice
So, from what I've heard this is supposed to be in two days, but I haven't seen an exact time or ruleset yet. So what's the story with this event?
This event is still happening. The information including rules, start time and fees is all posted on the events Facebook page DI or Die. This can be found under the group KCMO Smash Bros. If any of you want to join I will approve you. We will also plan on posting all the rules on this forum tonight. I'm sorry I've been really busy lately.

T-Murder

Smash Apprentice
Rules:

PM:

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* All items set to OFF
* Input Assist set to OFF.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counter pick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Stage striking for the starting match of the set is in “1221″ fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes two stages.
3. First player strikes two stages
4. Second player strikes one stage

Stage list:

Singles Starters:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Dreamland
Smashville
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium 2
Fountain of Dreams

Singles counter picks:
Metal Cavern
Dracula's Castle
Yoshi's Island
Green Hill Zone
Wario Ware

Doubles Starters:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Dreamland
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet
Rumble Falls

Doubles counter picks:
Dracula's Castle
Yoshi's Island
Green Hill Zone
Wario Ware
Fountain of Dreams

After each match:
1. Winner announces three stage bans
2. Loser chooses counter pick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Sharing stocks is allowed
* Friendly fire is turned on
*Alternate costumes are banned due to potential lag issues with 3.0

Brawl:

*3 Stocks
*8 Minute Time Limit
*Items set to “Off” and “None”
*Pause set to “Off”
*Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
*There is a 35 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
*The act of stalling is banned.
*In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
*If a match is ended via suicide move, the initiator of the move wins.
*Any coaching that happens during the match (but not in between matches) is restricted.
*Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called.

Modified Doubles Rules:
*Team Attack set to “On”
*Double Meta Knight is banned
*Life stealing is allowed
*Port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion

Set Procedure:
*The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-1 in fashion.
*After the first match is played the team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first). The Team that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counter-pick Stage List.
*No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.

Stage List:

Starters:
*Battlefield
*Final Destination
*Lylat Cruise
*Smashville
*Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks:
*Battleship Halberd
*Pokemon Stadium 1
*Castle Siege

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Now we have most of the information here, but I'm still not seeing a start time. Not to be rude about it, but I really don't want to join a facebook group right now. I would, however, like to attend the event and play some Brawl since it's a very reasonable travel distance by Midwest standards, and I don't get to play as much as I would like to anyway. Could you please post the start time so I know when to show up tomorrow?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
To be honest, I couldn't even find the facebook group. I don't see a link given to it anywhere, and mutiple google searches just turned up the lawrence group and several people talking about this alleged group without linking to it. Given that the whole thing is tomorrow and my previous less direct question didn't really give me an answer I could use, I felt it necessary to insist upon a direct answer. Indeed even now, I have no idea where this facebook group is...

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Next time let me make the tournament thread, I will do it farther in advance and make it more clear and concise.

Top Bottom