• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deva(Link) Vs. Ash(Fox)

Deva

Smash Lord
You'll have to trust me but the camera really slowed down the frame rates. My Link moves decently quick, though my style usually is more responsive. I have to speed up a bit when playing a Fox, compared to say Marth.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
Good link, R2 was amazing,I can't believe you had 201 percent damage and still had 2 lives

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
OK.

Fox first:
- Definatly a lot to improve. Although you use some good moves at the right times, there's a lot to improve upon. Firstly your approach needs to be more dynamic. Everytime you ran towards him - you attacked. Never even a wavedash back. (infact im not sure i actually saw one). You can also mix it up with circle jumps, dash dancing - an endless list of approaches. (Grab more!!!) Advanced tech skill is a vital part against link. Waveshining and drill shining would have turned that game around more than you can imagine. He put a lot of pressure on you with projectiles. Remember you have lasers - learn to SHL and get him to come to you - his projectiles are easy to get around with such fluent movement.

Link:
- Overall a good link. Good use of projectiles, a few advanced techniques; saw a little bit of moonwalking towards the end etc. I recommend working on your DI a little bit though, and play smarter at times - a decent fox would have played very differently, and picked up on a lot of your habbits with di, teching and general projecter spam. Unfortunatly i cant comment too much until seeing you play a higher skill player (no offense to either, we've all been there trust me).

Hope this helps anyway

Overall GG.

FoxsLegacy

Smash Rookie
Maybe it was just the bad quality but I didn't really see enough Missile attacks. I saw a few bombs but you should have boomerangs flying everywhere, that's one of Links greatest skills. The fox was a pretty bad player, he had some decent shining every now and then but nothing too major. Fox should work on his approach as well, he just ran in relentlessly, if you were keen you could have KO'd him many times from these flaws. Maybe it was the slow frame rate but it seemed to me you didn't respond very well to his rushes and his horrendous move choices, he was in your face the whole time but not landing any moves powerful enough to deal with you correctly.

Top Bottom