• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Designed for equipment?

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I've been having a hard time with Crazy Orders (something "random" spawns and conveniently blows me up around Round 7), and even some of the events give me trouble on hard mode. I know you can use equipment in single player, but I assumed it was more of a thing to help out novice players. I'm starting to think they expect you to use (abuse?) equipment to get through the various challenges. Thoughts?

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I started to suspect this too. Things just seem unfair otherwise. Another thought I had is it was made unfair because that is what Sakurai apparently thinks if fun. Randomness. *shrugs*

For Crazy orders, definitely have a character with a home-run bat, quick batter, and vampire badges. Otherwise, you're wasting previous gold or passes.

I don't think it's necessary for master orders.

Classic, at higher difficulties, definitely have customs on. Not necessary for lower difficulties.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Keep note that you're not allowed to bring outside items into event matches, so for equipment like the Ray Gun Brawn Badge, while you'll still get the stat boosts/drops, the extra effect will never activate.

Also, there is an intensity 9.0 challenge, where you have to complete it without any customizations.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I can complete classic on 9.0 pretty consistently *grumblegrumblemasterbeast*. It's Crazy Orders that's really killing me. I don't mind "unfairness", and even the occasional bob-omb spawning in my face doesn't bother me. It just seems to happen way more often in Crazy Orders, as in: every time the CPU is on the ropes. Maybe I just got really unlucky? Cheesing the game with the home run bat build is stupid. I want a challenge, but I'm not going to beat my head against the wall if it's not designed for naked runs. I'm having a very hard time imagining doing 20 with Mario this way, and he even used to be my main.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Whenever a ticket has a hammer icon present, that means that items will appear during the match. If a match takes too long, a Smash Ball will eventually pop up, and that would be bad if you don't get it yourself.

Anyway, I was able to complete 14 turns with Rosalina yesterday, but the 20 turns challenge is for Mario, whom I haven't really used in Crazy Orders yet.

Top Bottom