• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
View attachment 19683

Takamaru disconfirmed on Monday.

We've better be wary, guys, it looks like this is disconfirmation week.
I actually would prefer to have Ghirahim or any other character deconfirmed as soon as possible so i can move on, or give me more hopes (for example: if Ghirahim gets deconfirmed, Vaati chances increase and viceversa)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So I'm thinking that maybe Ghirahim might not be important enough to warrant a spot on the roster...as a unique character.
What if he's included as a Sheik semi-clone. I know, it sounds stupid, but it's actually really accurate.

The Knives (Needles) are here, the warp (Vanish) are here, and the standard moves fit him quite well actually.
The side and down specials could be changed to a charge move and counter respectively. Easy work compared to full characters.

And the best part is that he wouldn't need a huge reveal trailer all to himself, he could be introduced alongside a more important character.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
So I'm thinking that maybe Ghirahim might not be important enough to warrant a spot on the roster...as a unique character.
What if he's included as a Sheik semi-clone. I know, it sounds stupid, but it's actually really accurate.

The Knives (Needles) are here, the warp (Vanish) are here, and the standard moves fit him quite well actually.
The side and down specials could be changed to a charge move and counter respectively. Easy work compared to full characters.

And the best part is that he wouldn't need a huge reveal trailer all to himself, he could be introduced alongside a more important character.
Whether how important he is is debateable but a Sheik clone? Nah. I really doubt that.

The knives, warp are just some moves that are similar to Sheik and they don't have to work the same way. The rest of his moves can be totally different as well, even his playstyle.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I could imagine the trailer going like this
-Link is shown in a generic zelda dungeon type place
-Suddenly dark aura appears in front of him, Ganondorf steps out *Ganondorf joins the battle*
-They fight, then Link uses a Jump Attack on Ganon, it gets blocked by a different sword
-Link looks beside him, it's Ghirahim *Ghirahim joins the battle*
-Cue Smash footage

And yes I'm too lazy to think up creative character confirmed lines

Slushi Simcabi

Smash Cadet
I had an idea for Ghirahim to have a counter...
BUT NOT JUST ANY COUNTER

It could be based on his first boss fight in SKyward sword, the animation could have the little triangles around him while he waits.
If a character hits him while he is in counter, he will laugh, then perform a grab, it would do bonus damage equal to the damage the foe was performing on him if he throw the opponent. Sort of like a counter version of Bowser's side b.

It would be like the time when he grabs Link's sword (LOL) in the first battle.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Paper Mario stage POTD today. Would be so epic to have him as a playable character, he's my #2 most wanted (Ghirahim is obviously #1).

I already think Ghirahim will get in, but Paper Mario would push the Zelda series getting a new rep to 100%. Because in terms of new reps per series it would look like...

Mario - 2 new - 6 total
Pokemon - 1 new - 4 Total (assuming return of Jigglypuff, will probably be 5 in the end)
Fire Emblem - 2 new - 4 total
Kid Icarus - 2 new (assuming Dark Pit will be a clone) - 3 total
3rd Party - 2 new - 3 total (assuming Snake is cut)
Other - 6 new (counting Mii fighters as 3)

So surely the Zelda series can get at least 1 new rep to make it have 6 total, especially with 1 revamped game having come out this year (WW), 1 new game having come out this year (aLBW), 1 more new game coming out this year (HW), and the newest Zelda coming out in 2015 or 2016. Seriously, even without Paper Mario and considering all the other newcomers, 3 games coming out this year with no new Zelda rep in Smash is a crime against humanity.

So pumped for Ghirahim.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Paper Mario stage POTD today. Would be so epic to have him as a playable character, he's my #2 most wanted (Ghirahim is obviously #1).

I already think Ghirahim will get in, but Paper Mario would push the Zelda series getting a new rep to 100%. Because in terms of new reps per series it would look like...

Mario - 2 new - 6 total
Pokemon - 1 new - 4 Total (assuming return of Jigglypuff, will probably be 5 in the end)
Fire Emblem - 2 new - 4 total
Kid Icarus - 2 new (assuming Dark Pit will be a clone) - 3 total
3rd Party - 2 new - 3 total (assuming Snake is cut)
Other - 6 new (counting Mii fighters as 3)

So surely the Zelda series can get at least 1 new rep to make it have 6 total, especially with 1 revamped game having come out this year (WW), 1 new game having come out this year (aLBW), 1 more new game coming out this year (HW), and the newest Zelda coming out in 2015 or 2016. Seriously, even without Paper Mario and considering all the other newcomers, 3 games coming out this year with no new Zelda rep in Smash is a crime against humanity.

So pumped for Ghirahim.
And now we have Skull Kid, Midna and Tingle out of our flamboyant guy's way. Zant is no danger, the only three dangers I can see now is Vaati, Impa, and Toon Zelda (or Tetra, but transformation is gone, so we count 4 instead of 3?). Also, Sakurai's troolish personality is still a obstacle (like adding someone unexpected like Great Fairy, Darunia, Ravio).

Still, things are looking fabulous for Ghirahim!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If Paper Mario gets in, Ghirahim is a lock.

Whether how important he is is debateable but a Sheik clone? Nah. I really doubt that.
The knives, warp are just some moves that are similar to Sheik and they don't have to work the same way. The rest of his moves can be totally different as well, even his playstyle.
I know they don't have to work the same. But my point is that they could. And if Ghirahim's a low priority character, being added more easily as a semi-clone might be what gets him in the game in the first place.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I really doubt that Ghirahim, or any LOZ newcomer, would be a clone if they were added. We have 2 links, Zerlda, Sheik (who shares a FS with Zelda) and an epic Captain falcon clone. I feel like another clone would just be met wit a lot of hate. it's an original character or nothing. But I would be super excited to see either Ghirahim or Vaati revealed.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Man, you guys are completely missing the point of what I'm trying to say.

And now we have Skull Kid, Midna and Tingle out of our flamboyant guy's way. Zant is no danger, the only three dangers I can see now is Vaati, Impa, and Toon Zelda (or Tetra, but transformation is gone, so we count 4 instead of 3?). Also, Sakurai's troolish personality is still a obstacle (like adding someone unexpected like Great Fairy, Darunia, Ravio).
Still, things are looking fabulous for Ghirahim!
Toon Zelda is a lot less of a threat than Tetra.
In fact, I consider Tetra to be the only other likely candidate.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I think the frontrunner for a Zelda rep is certainly Ghirahim, followed by Impa.

Would love to see Ghirahim in Smash.... why haven't I posted here?

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Man, you guys are completely missing the point of what I'm trying to say.

Toon Zelda is a lot less of a threat than Tetra.
In fact, I consider Tetra to be the only other likely candidate.
I totally agree, IMO as soon as transformation were taken out of the game and they changed Zelda down b attack, Toon Zelda chances went down... a lot, Tetra in the other hand still have a chance

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Hello Ghiraham thread, I would like to join the horde. After seeing gameplay vids of Skyward sword with the Ghiraham fights and in game cutscenes. I think his moveset potential would be excellent and would introduce a sword fighting style or fighting style in general never before seen in smash bros. He's a really cool and creepy character that I really like (Reminds me of Kefka and I like it!) Even though the trophy quiz was perhaps just made for fun, it's possible it hints towards his inclusion now with Palutena, Lucina, and Robin being playable and their respective trophies in a way, hinting at their inclusions.

He would have some cool and creepy taunts and SPOILER: demise could be his final smash. A possible inclusion of Ghiraham really intrigues me.

One more thing, don't let the one time character shenanigans from detractors from thinking Ghiraham won't happen fool you. Appearances in number of games don't matter with the inclusions of Ice Climbers, Ness, Lucas, Sheik, and Roy. Just saying... Lucina and Robin also proved appearance in number of games don't matter either.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The Hyrule Warriors Direct, guys...

Guys...

I am shaking. It is now or never, I suppose.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Well.. let's see what happens... they never announce a direct soooo early before it streaming. Le'st see if Sakurai says something on PotDs or on his twitter about the direct...

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Well, this is a pleasant surprise.

I really liked playing Hyrule Warriors at the SDCC, so I'm hoping that the info will be good.

And maybe, just maybe they'll give us Ghirahim for the last hurrah

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
seeing new hyrule warrior characters is still really cool though. maybe we also can get confirmation that we can plahy as villians?
Eh, not to me. Couldn't care less about that game. Anyways, there is still time for a second Direct in August, even if there isn't a newcomer in the HW Direct.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I could have SWORN i already posted in here... I REALLY want to see Ghirahim in Smash. One of my favourite villains in LoZ (alongside Vaati), and his moveset writes itself, plus his character was so awesome and creepy at the same time... And he was important throughout the game he was in. Also, if Fire Emblem can have 3 unique characters + a clone, LoZ deserves 4 characters aswell, even if they take up 6 slots.

#Sm4shneedsmorevillains. We have...actually, we only have one confimred villain, Bowser, currently, right? o.o There has to be a villain-trailer somewhen...

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Wait guys, before we all turn up the Ghirahim announcement hype we have to remember that there may not actually be any Smash coverage. I don't believe that any Nintendo Direct that is focused to a single game has ever featured any other game, correct me if I'm wrong.

Though with the amount of details Sakurai is pouring out and that they are "nearing the bottom" of the newcomer trailers it's possible. Clearly Nintendo is trying to promote it as much as possible.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
So I went and made a couple of color alts for the Demon Lord. Normally, I find people create six for every character but I decided why not add two more to the initial six making it a total of eight. They're not perfect but it's the thought that counts.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Like what @ a Link to the Forums a Link to the Forums said, I would not hold my breath for a Smash related reveal in this Direct. If this was a general Zelda-themed Direct, maybe, but I doubt Nintendo would promote an unrelated game in a video promoting Hyrule Warriors.

That being said, he could be revealed in the same fashion as Robin to tie in to this Direct.
It would be funny if he actually was revealed in this Direct, though, just to see Masahiro Sakurai appear out of nowhere to announce Smash news.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Like what @ a Link to the Forums a Link to the Forums said, I would not hold my breath for a Smash related reveal in this Direct. If this was a general Zelda-themed Direct, maybe, but I doubt Nintendo would promote an unrelated game in a video promoting Hyrule Warriors.

That being said, he could be revealed in the same fashion as Robin to tie in to this Direct.
It would be funny if he actually was revealed in this Direct, though, just to see Masahiro Sakurai appear out of nowhere to announce Smash news.
Imagine the invitation letters falling down while Link battles Ganondorf+Ghirahim, and they take them and leave while Link is like "teh fuq?!". That'd be hilarious.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I haven't posted here in a while, I need to come by more often! Ghirahim is definitely in my top most wanted; he's hilariously evil and flamboyant, and that over the top personality would translate well to smash!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom