• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demi Fiend for Smash

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I seriously hope I wasn't the only one who suggested this.

Since SMT x FE is a thing, I decided to cast my ballot for this guy.

The vid below has many of the skills he can learn.

Before I start, I put this list here

Divine Shot
Spiral Viper
Oni-Kagura
Deadly Fury
Javelin Rain
Xeros Beat
Gaea Rage

^ The above are skills only he can learn for reference.

He fights using that purple blade thing as his main weapon. In terms of weight, he is a mid-light weight.

He also has a meter like Little Mac with major differences

Starts half full
Replenishes slowly over time
Can be restored quicker with Mana drain
Augments the power of his magic based attacks
If it is too low, his attacks will sacrifice health (damage him) to use.
Can cancel some of the attacks into each other at the cost of plenty of meter
Used up when using magic based attacks or the Purple Energy Sword Thing

Final Smash will be Gaea Rage (his most powerful exclusive skill)

Pros

+ Extreme damage dealing potential with enough on the meter
+ Fairly good speed
+ Neutral combo (Punch, Downward slash, Sideways slash, damage: 13%) is great for interrupting and decently powerful
+ Good range
+ Great knockback on attacks
+ Purple blade can be used as a reflector with enough meter

Cons

- Not the best defense
- Struggles with approach
- Vulnerable when meter is empty
- Attacks have some ending lag
- Usually will die early from overusing magic attack, damaging himself greatly
- Recovery is average

I haven't decided on a full moveset and meter costs besides what he uses, his final smash, and his neutral combo.

What I do know is that his moveset makes him a combination of a Charge up character (progressively getting stronger) and a Rush down character (All out offense)

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Fire Emblem is summarized FE.

And if we're going to get an SMT character... and Atlus in general....

Wouldn't Jack Frost as a far more iconic character.... who has been in more than one game.... and even starred in a Virtual Boy game.... aaaand is the mascot for the entire franchise seem like a more logical and probable newcomer?

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

Wouldn't Jack Frost as a far more iconic character.... who has been in more than one game.... and even starred in a Virtual Boy game.... aaaand is the mascot for the entire franchise seem like a more logical and probable newcomer?
Except for the fact that they tend to not be all that powerful for a few reasons

1. Don't learn many attacks
2. Tend to be low to mid leveled (6-38)
3. Their most powerful attacks (Bufulu, Sonic Punch, Ice Breath, Bufulaon) are Mid level at most (except the last one, which is a heavy attack)

I chose the Demi Fiend because he is the most recognizable (in my opinion) of the SMT protags and because he has plenty of signature attacks which is in this list below

• Deadly Fury: Quick and deadly slash
  • Divine Shot: Powerful beam of light
  • Freikugel: Powerful Laser beam
  • Gaea Rage: Lethal eruption from the ground
  • Javelin Rain: Explosive barrage of beams
  • Magma Axis: KameHameHa if it was on fire
  • Oni-Kagura: More beams, except with emphasis on the beams and not explosions
  • Spiral Viper: Large laser beam of death
  • Wild Dance: Can daze opponents (panic in the SMT game)
  • Xeros Beat: Launches beams with a spin kick.
Also, I already casted my vote for him.

ErenJager

Smash Champion

Isn't Jack Frost that little Snowman Elsa made?
srsly never heard of him until just now.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Isn't Jack Frost that little Snowman Elsa made?
srsly never heard of him until just now.
1) Oglaf is the name of that.... "character."
2) Jack Frost is the Mascot for Atlus as a company, not even just SMT as a series ( http://www.atlus.com/index.php has him right up there on the banner and again underneath the poll area).

My point was that Jack Frost is more of a mascot for the series and the company as a whole. It does not help that Demi-Fiend only appeared in 1 game with no re-release which has solely existed on the PS2.

Also, Jack Frost starred in a Virtual Boy game. Now THAT'S dedication to Nintendo.

Edit: And frankly what skills a character canonically knows, particularly in a JRPG has been proven to not matter that heavily because they can be "Smashified" into having a moveset that more represents the abilities of their game. :4ness: and :4lucas:don't learn PK Thunder, Fire, Magnet, Freeze or Starstorm in their own games. PK Flash is the only "spell" between the two of them that they actually learn.

Last edited:

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Jack Frost can actually learn any command skill in Devil Survivor and it's sequel thanks to the skill crack feature in those games.

More to the main topic, the idea of Demi-Fiend is neat but if there were to be any SMT character they would probably want to go with one of the protagonists from Demi-Kids or Devil Survivor, if nothing else but because those games are exclusively on Nintendo consoles (not counting Demi-Kid's mobile spin-offs or whatever).

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Demi-Fiend is my favorite protag but i'd expect Jack Frost first and any protagonist would either be an AT or trophy. Still though, i support the idea of Demi-Fiend as a playable.

Jack Frost can actually learn any command skill in Devil Survivor and it's sequel thanks to the skill crack feature in those games.
And moveset potential just shot through the roof. lol

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Demi-Fiend is my favorite protag but i'd expect Jack Frost first and any protagonist would either be an AT or trophy. Still though, i support the idea of Demi-Fiend as a playable.

And moveset potential just shot through the roof. lol
Though its main affinity is Ice (Bufu) skills, Minor healing, and defense buff.

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
Conceptually, I love Demifiend.
Pun intended.
However, if we're getting an MegaTen rep, I'd much rather have it be one who's game is on a Nintendo console, and either one of the first (so, either SMT's Hero or Megami Tensei's Akemi Nakajima, depending how far we want to go back), or one of the most recent (so Flynn), or ATLUS's mascot, Jack Frost. That's mostly because I can see those being the most likely to happen.
If we split up and all vote for different characters, I can't see any ATLUS reps getting in. ATLUS's fanbase is (as far as I can tell) relatively small, so I think that we should all try to agree on a single ATLUS rep to exclusively support and campaign for.
'United we stand, divided we fall', or something like that.

I'd personally go with Jack Frost. He's been in nearly all the Megami Tensei games (absent from only Megami Tensei 1, IIRC), is ATLUS's Mascot, and is super cool. Smash 4 to me seems a lot more thematically light-hearted than Brawl, so I think that his cuteness would also be a point in his favor over most other potential ATLUS reps.
Also of note is that Jack Bros was the first Megami Tensei game to be localized to North America.

Thoughts?

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Just found out that the purple blade was an energy sword.

I was thinking of a special move where he summons a random demon to do an innate/signature move, but that would be a pain in the ass to make since there are so many choices. If it was all of them that were in Nocturne, it will take up too much space considering All of these demons

I'll let you decide.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
This post here is too big to be inserted as an edit to my above post

For how the demons would function, Physical attacks and MP attacks deal damage based on their SMT III Strength and Magic stats, respectively. Summoning a demon also empties the entire MP bar because balance. The higher the MP bar, the higher the chance of a more powerful demon. A critical will happen if the attack is sweet spotted and it will do 1.4x damage. I will provide Three examples: Seiryu, Shiisaa, and Yatagarasu

Before I begin, the moveset will consist of two moves

1. A regular attack
and
2. A skill

For info on targeting

1. Random: will just attack everything in that direction
2. Single: will attack a random enemy (though others can get caught)
3. All: will attack every target in the arena

Seiryu Level 44 with 17 strength (23.8 on crit) and 16 magic (22.4 on crit)

Passive
Life Gain (Replenishes 20% damage on summon)

Skills
Stone Bite (60% chance to turn the enemy to stone, Single)
Ice Breath (17& chance to freeze enemy, Random)
Violet Flash (Single)

Shiisaa Level 13 with 9 strength (12.6 on crit) and 6 magic (8.4 on crit)

Passive
Counter (50% chance an attack will be countered)
Anti-Fire (enemy Fire based attack power cut in half)

Skills
Shock (17% chance to stun foe, Random)
Feral Claw (Single)
War Cry (Decreases enemy physical damage, All)
Stone Bite (60% chance to turn enemy to stone, Single)

Yatagarasu Level 46 with 13 Strength (18.2 on crit) and 19 magic (26.6 on crit)

Passive
Mana Aid (Mana restored after combat)
Mana Gain (Mana increased by 20%)
Force Boost (Sword gain Force element and deals 1.5x damage)

Skills
Violet Flash (Single)
Wind Cutter (Single, also deals extra damage from Boost)
Recarmdra (Damage and MP restored at the cost of life)

Might sound overpowered, but you can cut their time short by attacking them with strong attacks.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Okay, it is either the Demons or the Magatama that are used.

I'm going to get suspended for bumping my own thread

Top Bottom