• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Dec 7, 2014] DtJ And Geeksboro Coffee House present: GKSO... (Greensboro, North Carolina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Nintendo released their first handheld Super Smash Bros. game, and Geeksboro Coffeehouse Cinema SMASH CREW will be hosting weekly tournaments at 4 p.m. on SUNDAYS!

Nintendo 3DS Smashers are invited to test their skills, compete for glory and -- CASH PRIZES!

$5 event fee and a $2 T.O. fee (with drink purchase -- $5 without drink purchase)

Ruleset:
1v1:
-2 stock
-6 minutes
-equipment is banned
-custom moves available
-Items set to "off" and "none"
-If your 3DS dies mid tournament match you will be DQed.
-Double Elimination
-Matches are 2 out of 3
-Winner's, Loser's and Grand Finals are 3 out of 5
-Striking is 1-1.

Starters:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island

Doubles only:
Brinstar
Jungle Japes

2v2:
-Team Attack on
-Game & Watches custom move for bucket is banned.

*Prizes:
1st place - 70% Cash pot
2nd place - 20% Cash pot
3rd place - 10% Cash pot

*If not enough enter then it'll just be top 2.

We'll be doing Singles first, and then we'll see if we have time for doubles afterwards.

Last edited:

Dust the Baptist

Weeaboos aren't people.
NNID
Mank210
3DS FC
2809-9541-0380
I will try to come the the 9th but driving two hours is not to fun. But smash 4 is worth the drive, so if i'm there hooray, if i'm not, I'll be there the 16th to put the fear of Dog in your souls. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Bughead7

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bughead7
3DS FC
1220-7912-4209
I might could come. It's a while aways but I think I can manage. If I do be prepared, it my first tournament. ^_^

GCS Gaming Customs

https://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com
They should really have melee at this too, but it would be a bug turnout that Im not sure they would want to deal with for a weekly event

Last edited:

Dust the Baptist

Weeaboos aren't people.
NNID
Mank210
3DS FC
2809-9541-0380
They should really have melee at this too, but it would be a bug turnout that Im not sure they would want to deal with for a weekly event
They have melee tournaments once a month at the venue I think, but if you brought a gamecube and a T.V we can do some friendlies and play some melee before of after the tourney.

SwiftBlue

Smash Rookie
wow I can't tell you how many times I've passed Geeksboro and never thought about actually going in. Now finding out tournaments are held there, now I HAVE to go.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Results? Can't find any elsewhere.

Dust the Baptist

Weeaboos aren't people.
NNID
Mank210
3DS FC
2809-9541-0380
from what i'm reading it says there a tourney on the 16th, but you said there wasn't one, so is there a tourney or Naw?

AetherStorm

Smash Cadet
NNID
AetherStorm
3DS FC
3093-7092-7192
Are there going to be tournaments going to start up again after the 16th? I'm thinking about making this my first smash tournament.

SwiftBlue

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately I didn't get to make it, I got busy with other stuff. But I'm glad to see our area does have Smash Tournaments, all this time I thought it was dry place for competition.

Amarok

Smash Rookie
wow I can't tell you how many times I've passed Geeksboro and never thought about actually going in. Now finding out tournaments are held there, now I HAVE to go.
I actually work at the Juice Shop a couple doors down from Geeksboro. I'd totally get everyone half price smoothies if that wouldn't get me fired.

The Morganism

Smash Rookie
Are they even doing tournaments at Geeksboro? I went on their website, and they don't have anything mentioning it. I also tried to call them multiple times over the week for more information about them, and all I got was an automated message telling me to leave a reply (they still haven't called back). Their FaceBook page says that their tournament is on Saturday, but this post says Sunday. WHICH IS IT!?! I am extremely frustrated about this. I can't even go now, because I wasted time trying to find out if the tournament is really happening. Hopefully next tie this will be better planned/coordinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom