• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Dec 27, 2014] Smash For Cash (Eldersburg, Md)

LustfulTiger

Smash Rookie
GAME: SUPER SMASH BROTHERS WiiU

Also Includes…. other games inside the venue for use by all. This is a gaming arena and by paying the $10 venue fee you can have free roam and play any of the games available.

COST:
Venue fee: $10
Singles: $10
There is a free singles tournament
Doubles: -May or May not happen now, depends on time- $5 per player ($10 per team)

As a player you can only enter ONE of the singles tournaments. You cannot play in both ^^'

*** We need FULL setups!!!!!***
Please bring....
First 2 people to bring full set ups of WiiU+Sm4sh+Gamecube adapter= $$$ FREE ENTRY $$$

Singles Payouts:
1st- 48%
2nd- 22%
3rd- 14%
4th- 8%
5th- 4%

Team Payouts: May or May not happen

More then 10 Teams
1st- 55%
2nd- 30%
3rd- 10%
4th- 5%

Less then 10 Teams
1st- 60%
2nd- 30%
3rd- 10%

SCHEDULE:

10:00 am - venue opens

12:30 am - Sign up closes

1:00 pm - singles starts

Doubles time TBA

FEATURES:

-a large local venue which can fit 100+ players and spectators

-ample tables and chairs for casual and tournament play

-near many local restaurants such as Chilis, Glory Days, Panera Bread, Qdoba, Bob Evans, chick fil a and many more!!!

-free and easy parking right outside the venue

-stream (possibly?), amazing sound quality and atmosphere

- there is a concession stand full of snacks you guys can purchase

- Fun prizes such as T-shirts and snacks

- This place is known for it’s sound quality and light shows. We will be also bringing in a new device that we have created here. It is a camera for your controller and will show your hands as you play. So when we show you playing we can see the screen in which you’re currently fighting on, your face and your controller. But due to the camera being attached to the controller…. This will be the only time you cannot use your own. These controllers will only be on the main screen so don’t worry about not using yours for the majority of the tournament.

BONUS: This is a tv studio and all contestants can/will be interviewed as long as they sign a waiver. EVERYONE MUST SIGN THE WAVER IN ORDER TO ENTER THE VENUE. If possible please do not wear anything with logos due to the fact it is hard to blur the image off clothing in the video and takes extra time. We will be doing personal interviews with a green screen and everything (so look your best people!). Eventually we will be taking footage from several smash tournaments and kind of making an infomercial that will be broadcasted on Tv. You guys will be the main attention and will bring even more people to Cre-A-Tv. So come show up and help get this scene famous.

Side Event: There is a free singles tournament for those who do not wish to enter.

STREAM:

TBA – if we do have one…

TBA

RULES...

Starter:

Battlefield

Final Destination

Lylat Cruise

Town and City

Smashville

Counterpick:

Delfino Plaza

Kongo Jungle 64

Halberd

Pokemon Stadium 2

Castle Siege

Duck hunt

Skyloft

***All Omega Stages (Hit X and the pointer will change. Then select stage)***

RULES

-2 stock

-6 minutes

-Matches are Best out of 3

- Quarters finals and up will be Best out of 5

-Double elimination bracket

- Team attack is on

-Items OFF and set to None

-Custom Moves are banned

- EQUIPMENT is banned.

- No amiibos or mii characters

- Stalling is banned

- Any stage can be played on as long as BOTH players agree to it.

- You may NOT pick a stage that you have already won on for your counterpick unless the opposing player agrees.

- If time runs out during a match, Sudden Death will never be played. Use the following rules instead: whoever had the most stocks win. If both players have the same amount of stocks the lower percentage wins.

- If the winner bans Final destination, then ALL omega stages are banned.

Tournament Organizer: Tiger
Co-Tournament Organizer: Seagull

*** Everything on this page is subject to change ***

Last edited:

LustfulTiger

Smash Rookie
Results are as follows....

1. Team W
2. Thwomp
3. Electric F.L.O.O.D.
4. Corny
5. Scruberinos
5. Team Insert Team
7. Kdogs
7. Nameless

1. Snow
2. Blur
3. Dunno Bro
4. Tiger
5. Leeo
5. Chaz
7. Cre-A-Tv
7. Soom
9. Ish
9. Ryan

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
First off as a fellow TO let me say I LOVE your stagelist! It's great to see people trying out all of these solid stages. I am curious why Wuhu Island is missing when you have bot Delfino and Skyloft. Is there a specific reason for that?

LustfulTiger

Smash Rookie
First off as a fellow TO let me say I LOVE your stagelist! It's great to see people trying out all of these solid stages. I am curious why Wuhu Island is missing when you have bot Delfino and Skyloft. Is there a specific reason for that?
Thank you and Wuhu is not on there is due to the glitch, where if you dthrow at 0 on the part on the bboat it kills at 0%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8dKc7RGU7o

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Thank you and Wuhu is not on there is due to the glitch, where if you dthrow at 0 on the part on the bboat it kills at 0%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8dKc7RGU7o
I figured you might say as much. We've done a lot of testing on the stage discussion thread on Smashboards, and I can personally say I have tried to reproduce this glitch 100+ times and have not been successful a single time. The glitch is incredibly difficult to reproduce (much less though then when certain stages could see you just dropping through them in Melee and Brawl) and is probably worth legalizing since the chances of that glitch even happen are incredibly low.

LustfulTiger

Smash Rookie
I figured you might say as much. We've done a lot of testing on the stage discussion thread on Smashboards, and I can personally say I have tried to reproduce this glitch 100+ times and have not been successful a single time. The glitch is incredibly difficult to reproduce (much less though then when certain stages could see you just dropping through them in Melee and Brawl) and is probably worth legalizing since the chances of that glitch even happen are incredibly low.

It is extremely low but I don't want a player feeling "cheated" out of a stock if this did happen. So I would rather avoid it at all cost. Especially since this tournament will have a decent amount of people that have never played in a tournament before. Kind of want to keep it friendly and fun.

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
Sounds like a pretty fun event to go to.

Would you need anyone to bring in their own setups or is everything needed already supplied there?

LustfulTiger

Smash Rookie
Sounds like a pretty fun event to go to.

Would you need anyone to bring in their own setups or is everything needed already supplied there?

I know we have the tvs but idk about the WiiUs. I will be meeting with the company leader within the week to find out final details. But iirc I don't believe we need much. I will update this as soon as I can when I find out though.

I do suggest bring your own controllers if it is more comfortable. We do have gamecubes to lend out for matches.

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
It is extremely low but I don't want a player feeling "cheated" out of a stock if this did happen. So I would rather avoid it at all cost. Especially since this tournament will have a decent amount of people that have never played in a tournament before. Kind of want to keep it friendly and fun.
I am curious, would you keep any of the stages that used to let players simply drop through the stage to their death? Both Melee and Brawl had stages that did this at a lot higher of a frequency, yet remained legal. The chances of this happening in tournament when not one other person had been able to replicate it, PLUS the boat being the least visited transformation on Wuhu make the chances of it ruining the event just about impossible.

LustfulTiger

Smash Rookie
I am kind of experimenting with this tournament. But I would still rather have them fall (which they can avoid) then get a 0% kill from a glitch that they cannot do much about.

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
I know we have the tvs but idk about the WiiUs. I will be meeting with the company leader within the week to find out final details. But iirc I don't believe we need much. I will update this as soon as I can when I find out though.

I do suggest bring your own controllers if it is more comfortable. We do have gamecubes to lend out for matches.
Oh I always bring my own controller so no biggie on that. Nice to know you have gamecube controllers to lend out to others who don't have any.

Now another question. I'm 15 so would an adult need to sign the waver for the interview?

DMVGamers

Smash Rookie
LustfulTiger,

Wanted to inform you that DMVGamers.com has just listed your event above.

We provide a centralized place for all things related to gaming including local gaming events and news, customer event reviews, forums, and online servers (including a free mumble server).

We hope you consider using our website's event submission form for any future events you host, and encourage your customers to provide a review of your event on our site so you can host improved events in the future.

Thank you.
-DMVGamers

LustfulTiger

Smash Rookie
Oh I always bring my own controller so no biggie on that. Nice to know you have gamecube controllers to lend out to others who don't have any.

Now another question. I'm 15 so would an adult need to sign the waver for the interview?
You will need an adult to sign your paper for you.

Any chance of waiving (part of) the venue fee if we provide a setup/console?
If we need more set ups we will of course reduce the price of the venue fee. ^_^

LustfulTiger,

Wanted to inform you that DMVGamers.com has just listed your event above.

We provide a centralized place for all things related to gaming including local gaming events and news, customer event reviews, forums, and online servers (including a free mumble server).

We hope you consider using our website's event submission form for any future events you host, and encourage your customers to provide a review of your event on our site so you can host improved events in the future.

Thank you.
-DMVGamers
Thank you :D, I will definitely check it out and be using it in the future.

Last edited:

Phase 2

Smash Rookie
Why ban Miis? If anything at least have the guest Miis created with the default moveset for people to use. Otherwise you're just outright banning 3 unique characters from the game

SamusChief

Smash Rookie
Why ban Miis? If anything at least have the guest Miis created with the default moveset for people to use. Otherwise you're just outright banning 3 unique characters from the game
I don't quite get why people keep banning Miis either. Even when they're smallest, they aren't very imbalanced. Even if they changed THAT much between sizes, All that means then is that you're banning 3 of the most unique characters the roster of Smash has ever seen.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I don't quite get why people keep banning Miis either. Even when they're smallest, they aren't very imbalanced. Even if they changed THAT much between sizes, All that means then is that you're banning 3 of the most unique characters the roster of Smash has ever seen.
I believe they should stay banned until all characters are allowed to have their custom moves. Palutena has hers always unlocked, but she also has a default. Miis don't have a default. It takes time to create them, and only being allowed to use their customs in my opinion are unfair. I personally don't like the addition of miis into the game, and if I'm not allowed to use a custom Palutena or Lucina, no one should be allowed to use custom moves for their characters either.

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
I believe they should stay banned until all characters are allowed to have their custom moves. Palutena has hers always unlocked, but she also has a default. Miis don't have a default. It takes time to create them, and only being allowed to use their customs in my opinion are unfair. I personally don't like the addition of miis into the game, and if I'm not allowed to use a custom Palutena or Lucina, no one should be allowed to use custom moves for their characters either.
It could be fixed though by just letting use the standard specials that are already selected. That's pretty much LIKE a default Palutena, only you have to take a little time to create them, which isn't really that much time at all. It even could be fixed by having people who bring in their own setups do it before hand to save time at the event.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
It could be fixed though by just letting use the standard specials that are already selected. That's pretty much LIKE a default Palutena, only you have to take a little time to create them, which isn't really that much time at all. It even could be fixed by having people who bring in their own setups do it before hand to save time at the event.
I'd be fine with that, if it's guest miis only. One for each type of fighter. We designate them across the tourney scene so no one gets confused. Or have specific miis named Gunner, Brawler, and Swordsman. That would make things go faster.

Phase 2

Smash Rookie
That's the quickest option, yes. All Wii Us have the same guest Miis built in. If all the tournament setups had 1111 Mii fighters setup using the Guest Mii that'd be a perfectly fine option.

I would personally argue that since custom specials are more integral to the design of the Mii than any other character (not including Palutena) they should be allowed and honestly their size and weight are essentially a non-issue. People interested in playing Miis would simply copy them from their 3DS, it takes about the same amount of time as making a name and controls on the Wii haha. Those without a 3DS cannot go into the menu and make a custom Mii, in the interest of time.

Consort

Smash Rookie
NNID
Consort
Event sounds amazing though unfortunately I can't make it as I have movers scheduled to get my stuff to my new place that day. However if you need more players for the side event the next day (the training 2 kids to fight in a tournament) I would love to be involved with that if it's for Smash on Wii U, I spend a lot of time already teaching games to new players and definitely would like to give it a shot. Could you email me at beta775@live.com with more info on that? Thanks..

LustfulTiger

Smash Rookie
Making updates atm and guess what everyone.... WE'RE HAVING DOUBLES!!!! Talked to the main dude and he agreed to it ^_^. I will be making changed to the OP so check it out in a few.

I edited....
* EVERYONE WHO ENTERS THE VENUE HAS TO SIGN A WAIVER!
-please try not to wear anything with a logo, it is a pain to edit out of the videos-

* We now have doubles and thus the schedule is edited

* We have will have hot dogs and pizza

* We learned we need setups, please bring some. Discounts will be given =)

* You guys are free to play all the games in cre-a-tv and all you have to do is pay a venue fee ^_^

Last edited:

Phase 2

Smash Rookie
I may come and play friendlies if you think you have enough setups, I'm not going to pay to enter the tournament if I can't use Mii Brawler :(

LustfulTiger

Smash Rookie
This is the final edit everyone and please make sure to read the OP.

* There may or may not be doubles now due to the fact the cre-a-tv manager is worried about time. He will ask if anyone is interested in entering doubles midday.
* ONLY 2 people can bring set ups and it must be a full set up to get free entry. Aka wiiu, game and adapter.
* There is going to be another singles tournament. This one is free entry for those who do not wish to compete. Only catch is that if there isn't enough set ups, this would be the first one to not have an adapter.
* Each person can only enter into one of the singles brackets. So either the free tournament or the paid one. Both is not an option.

*** These new rules were decided upon by the cre-a-tv manager himself. As this is his first time and he has worries, so we adapted :/ ***

Last edited:

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I'll try and make it out! Tbh, not the biggest fan of the "free tournament" idea as it will probably take entrants away from the main thing. Venue looks great though.

Top Bottom