• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Dec 14, 2014] Parallel World Gaming Sm4sh Weeklies (Louisville, Kentucky)

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
After talking with the owner, be prepared to enjoy even more Smash at PWG. If you just want to play Melee or PM though, feel free to bring a console and controllers. The venue has 2 CRTs for use and has PM at the front on Free Play most of the time.

Tournament Information

Time: Every Sunday (starting at November 2nd), with registration starting at 2 pm. The store is opened at noon. There will not be weeklies at the end of the month, instead there will be Melee and PM monthlies.

Entry Fee: $7 ($5 for Sm4sh Singles, $2 for Venue Fee)

Format:

Swiss-System Tournament with ~4 Rounds. There will be a cut off for the top 4 (or 8) players to participate in a Double Elimination Bracket.

Payouts:

1st - 40%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 20%
4th - 10%

Due note, the Rules are subject to change based on feedback from weeklies to weeklies.

Tournament Rule Set:
  • Matches will be 3 Stocks, 8 Minutes, and best 2 out of 3
  • All items are off
  • Pausing should be disabled. If there is an accidental pause in the middle of a match, the player that paused must forfeit a stock unless the players agree to not enforce the rule otherwise.
  • Stalling is banned
  • There will be no Equipment or Custom Moves allowed (this rule in particular is subject to change)
  • Each player gets 1 Stage Ban after losing a game.
  • You may not select the last stage you've won on when counter picking
  • Omega Stages are to be treated as Final Destination for Stage Banning purposes
Stage List:

Neutrals
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield

Counter Pick
  • Prism Tower
  • Arena Ferox
  • Brinstar
  • Omega Stages

Last edited:

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Actually...uh, this never got off the ground. Instead of these, we have a more general weekly at Through the Decades (down the road), every Saturday.

This Saturday is going start at 4pm and we'll have a larger scale PM and Melee event, if you're still interested. Just keep in touch with me and I can update you on everything.

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
I'd definitely be interested in any Smash 4 WiiU events in the future. I won't have time to drive out and attend anything until December, though.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Check with DTJ Hilt on Sm4sh events. I'm actually more responsible with Project M in Louisville.

As for Clarksville to Louisville? No idea, it sounds pretty long since that's 2 (or more, I don't remember) hours immediately for the fact you have to cross all of Kentucky.

Top Bottom