• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Dec 13, 2014] Smash 4 Glory! (Eugene, Oregon)

T0MMY

Smash Master

Eugene's first Super Smash Bros. Wii U tournament!​
This tournament has a focus on Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U.
Remember to BYOC! (Bring Your Own Controller)
*All controller types are welcome, but if you are using a wireless controller we ask that you check it in during signups so we can make sure there are no game interruptions during tournament play.

RSVP NOW!
We are limited to a 64-man bracket. We do not want you to be excluded from our event, so we offer an RSVP system - the first 64 people who RSVP here (see above) or on one of the following sites will be guaranteed entry.

RSVP is made available for all attendees:
GamePad Site

NintendoDojo

Facebook

Events

Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo Wii U

Teams (4 vs 4)
Featuring a new mode of play on the Wii U: A 4-on-4 team battle extravaganza featuring all the Big Stages!
Players can form teams of 4 or draw lots to see which team they will be placed on.
Big City Gamin' usually sponsors a prize for our Free/For Fun event, so the winning team is subject to win a nice prize!

Buy-in: Free!
Prizes: TBD

Doubles (2 vs 2)
Join up with a friend, crewmate, or a random player to battle it out in a 2 on 2 slugfest. Teamwork, spacing, and decision making is crucial as Team Attack is a possibility, so watch where you swing!

Buy-in: $10 per team (that is $5 per person)
Prizes: 60%/30%/10% of Buy-in goes to payouts to 1st/2nd/3rd place

Singles (1 vs 1)
A competitive-based 1v1 event, no items and only standard stages available. This is the headliner event, may the best Smasher win!

Buy-in: $5 per person
Prizes: 60%/30%/10% of Buy-in goes to payouts to 1st/2nd/3rd place

Additional info:
_________________________________________________________________________​

Schedule
11:00am: Doors open
11:30am: Warm-ups/friendlies
12:00pm: Registration
1:00pm: Doubles (2v2)
1:30pm: Teams (4v4)
2:00pm: Singles (1v1)
6:00pm: Grand Finals

*Additional events may transpire dependent on time and interest.

Rankings: All tournament data will carry over to future events of the season to show where you rank among the rest of the competitors and will be used for season finale where top 8 players will have a chance to win big prizes.

Good Sportsmanship: Any player being a considerable problem to others will be addressed and a warning may be given. After the first warning they will be asked to leave and will not be accommodated in the tournament events.

Oregon Standard Ruleset
  1. Agree to Characters
  2. Agree to Stage
  3. Play the game

Game Settings
Game Settings determined by event (see below).​

Winner advances in bracket, all other competitors are placed in elimination bracket or eliminated if already placed in elimination bracket. This includes Grand Finals if the player on the Upper Brackets side loses a set, said player is considered dropped into Lower Bracket and another set must be played out for a final elimination of the remaining two Players.

Winner is the player of the character shown as winner at the results screen at the end of a round.

Good Sportsmanship: Good Sport rules are in effect, anyone found making an offensive environment for fellow attendees will be given a warning and any further problems they will be asked to leave and not be accommodated any further.

Refund Policy: Refunds of buy-ins will only be given if no rounds of play have been played. Any other fees or charges will not be refunded.

Referees will have authority on all game-related matters.
TO has final say in any decision.

Event Rules

SSBU

Singles (1 vs 1)

Rules
Rules: Stock
Stock: 3
Customization: Off
Handicap: Off
Damage Ratio: 1.0x
Stage Choice: Choose​
Items
None
All OFF​
More Rules
Stock & Time: 5
Team Attack: On
Pause Function: Off
Score Display: Off
Damage Gauge: On
SD Penalty: -1​

Bracket Settings
Bracket: Double-elimination
Set: Best 2 of 3
Upper Finals: Best 3 of 5
Lower Finals: Best 3 of 5
Grand Finals Best 3 of 5​

Doubles (2 vs 2)

Bracket Settings
Bracket: Double-elimination
Set: Best 2 of 3
Upper Finals: Best 3 of 5
Lower Finals: Best 3 of 5
Grand Finals: Best 3 of 5​

Teams (4 vs 4)

Bracket Settings
Bracket: Single Elimination
Set: Best of 1
Upper Finals: Best 2 of 3
Lower Finals: Best 2 of 3
Grand Finals: Best 3 of 5​

For more information, please refer to this page: |Oregon Group|

Last edited:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
There are so many cool things you can do with the 8-player option now! I can speculate that the following are possibilities:

8-player Free-for-All
4-on-4 Teams
3-on-3 Teams
2-vs-2-vs-2-vs-2 Teams ("Double Doubles", "Doubles FFA", "Quads", or whatever name works best)*

This isn't even taking into account 'asymmetrical' teams, such as 7-vs-1, 6-vs-2, etc.
*Assuming there's a fourth 'team color' such as the leaked "Yellow Team".

Mistfire333

Smash Rookie
If we could get the list of characters we're allowed to play as I'd appreciate it so I can get some practice on the right character.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
If we could get the list of characters we're allowed to play as I'd appreciate it so I can get some practice on the right character.
If nothing is explicitly disallowed, then it is allowed.
I.E. all characters are allowed, which includes all subsets of the Mii Fighters.

Mistfire333

Smash Rookie
Hmmm.. Shoot. Still a maybe then. See, my girlfriend is having her birthday party on the 13th too and well I can't just say "ok I was here for 30 minutes so I'm leaving now"

I'll tell you Wednesday on what's going to happen on my end.

Top Bottom