• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Dec 13, 2014] KLPI Christmas Wii U and Project M Tournament (Ruston, LA)

Ponkapa

Smash Cadet
Results Thread:

Hosted by KLPI, our local radio station, and the three smashers DJ Drix, Mr. Fish, and yours truly, we are pleased to present a before-Christmas-break tournament!

Date: December 13th, 2014
Schedule:
Registration/Setup: 10am-12:30pm
Tournament: 1pm-9pm
Note: Actual tournament end is subject to change.

Venue:
Louisiana Tech University's Tolliver Hall
Louisiana Tech University
305 Wisteria St
Ruston, LA 71272

Note: We didn't get the usual venue for this one, unfortunately. That means no streaming, though matches may be recorded and posted online after. Check out what we already have, and where the new ones will be posted, here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_OhPT_7DN4utoJ5bFt-lDg

Entry Fee: 2$/Tournament
Prizes: Prizes are currently a 60/30/10 split for top 3. Feel free to come for friendlies even if you don't want to join in! We wanted to be able to provide some kind of prize for our winners, and hopefully can continue doing so (It's dependent on our venue letting us, after all!)

Note: No more Brawl! Sorry! It's pretty taxing to host two tournaments, and we've consistently had a larger turnout for Project M. This tournament will be Wii U and Project M.

Project M Ruleset:
The tournament will abide by the Apex 2014 Official Rules: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/projectm/

Wii U Ruleset:
2 Stocks, 5 minutes. Legal stages are as follows:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination/Omega Mode
- Yoshi's Island
Counterpick:
- Prism Tower

First Round: Winner of Rock Paper Scissors gets to choose who bans first.
Other player gets a ban.
Go to last stage.
Second Round: Loser of first round picks stage from legal stages + counterpick.
DSR was in effect.
Every match is best 2 out of 3, except for finals which were 3 out of 5. Stage banning works the same throughout.
Custom movesets were legal, but no equipment was legal.

Note: This is the same ruleset we used for the 3DS tournaments, and it should still hold. The other TO's and I will discuss if there needs to be any changes, and I will edit this as required.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
That stagelist cannot work for the wii u, a whole bunch of stages are missing. I would love to recommend using the Hypest Ruleset as it's worked so well for my own events. If you wanted you could remove Pokemon Stadium 2 as I know some folks are against it, but the rest of the stages are solid.

Last edited:

Absoltastic

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheAbsol
Ready to go and get wrecked! I have a Wii U with adapter setup I can bring, but I can not supply an hdmi-enabled TV. Also bringing my Wii PM setup for sure!

Top Bottom