• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Dec. 12, 2015] Smash it Up #1: Smash 4 Tournament (Toledo, Oh)

[Dec. 12, 2015] Smash it Up #1: Smash 4 Tournament (Toledo, Oh)
Posted by kippty
Frogtown Hobbies
Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 05:00 PM
Until: Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 10:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

kippty

Smash Cadet
Ladies and Gentlemen, what we have here is the first ever Smash it Up, the greatest Smash Wii U Tournament event to grace the earth! Bring your controller and your best characters to Frogtown and try to snag that title of best smash player in NWOH!!

If you think you're tough enough to compete, you're not gonna want to miss this tourney @ Frogtown Hobbies on December, 12 2015 at 5pm.

and for those that gotta have a pic to go with their tournament events...(Rules below)

The Official Ruleset for Smash it Up#1 Tournament

I: Game version Super Smash Bros for WiiU Version 1.1.2 (CURRENT PATCH)

II: General Game Settings All Wii U's at Tournaments should have All Characters (DLC characters included) and Stages unlocked (DLC Dreamland included)

2 Stocks, 6 Minutes and Items set to Off and None.

Timeouts: If a game results in a Timeout the player with the most stocks wins. If stocks are tied, the player with the lower % wins. If both players are tied in %, this will result in a 1 stock 3 minute tiebreaker.

Suicide Move Clause: If a match ends with by a Character successfully using a suicide move, the results screen will determine the winner.

Equipment is banned. Custom Moves are not permitted. Mii Fighters are banned unless (1111)

Wireless Controller Clause: If a player is using a wireless controller they must desync after every set. Wireless controllers left synced can disable a WiiU setup from moving forward with tournament sets. If you fail to desync your controller after you are finished with your set and it prohibits a match from starting/continuing you risk being DQ’d.

III: Stages Stage Clause A player cannot counterpick to the stage they have just won on in a set [unless agreed upon by their opponent]

STARTER STAGES
: -Battlefield (and Miiverse) -Final Destination (and Omega Stages) -Smashville -Town and City -Dream Land 64

COUNTERPICK STAGES: -Castle Siege -Duck Hunt -Delfino Plaza -Lylat Cruise -Halberd

All tournament sets before Winner’s Finals, Loser’s Finals, and Grand Finals are best of 3 sets.

Syco

Smash Rookie
NNID
Watevr
When you say GF's is best of 3, do you mean best 3/5?

Last edited:

djtatsujin

Smash Cadet
Still taking a look to see if I can make it. If I can, I most certainly will!

djtatsujin

Smash Cadet
Heading out now! I'll bring a few things with me that should hopefully help out.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Is this a weekly or biweekly? I had to work the last one unfortunately

djtatsujin

Smash Cadet
I'm not involved in the organization and I've only heard talk, but, at this point, it doesn't seem like it would be more than biweekly. The next suggested date thrown out was Jan. 30, but nothing has been finalized. I would try to join the NW Ohio Smash 4 group on Facebook to keep up to date with everything: https://www.facebook.com/groups/152815918403913/

Top Bottom