• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DB's Unofficial P:M Alts - OoT Sheik Done

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
Hey everyone, I thought I would share some custom alts I've been making.
I know that there are a couple of these threads already, but SonicBrawler does stuff like Shadow over Sonic and KJP does GFX.
I like to edit and import models and to stay true to P:M alts, i'm going to try and follow the kind of rules that are set in place.

Completed

[collapse=Conductor Toon Link]

[/collapse]

[collapse=OoT/MeleeSheik]

[/collapse]

WIP 1
OoT Zelda
Preview Soon

WIP 2
Light Suit Samus
Previews Soon

On Hold
Fusion Suit Samus
Fusion Zero Suit

I am open to requests, but I will only work on a max of 2 imports at a time. I wouldn't want to get overwhelmed and have far to much to work on.
If there are many requests for different Alts for a character I want to try and have a kind of voting system. Maybe the one with the most likes will be the one I work on.

Rules
1. The character's Alt has to still be the same character. I won't do stuff like Rosalina over Peach for example.
The only exception to this is if the two characters share a very close likeness. Shadow Queen and Princess Peach for example. I can then treat it as a cosplay or something.​
2. The Alt has to come from some kind of source.
Fan art does not count, but I will accept official concept art.​
3. I will only do a max of 2 alts per a character.
I wouldn't want to end up doing too many Alts for a character since working on the same character over and over gets old pretty fast. I might consider doing 3 for a character if I so choose.
One thing to note is that while I can do some modeling and texturing, i'm not to great at it.
If the alt you are requesting doesn't have a model that I can work off of or requires me to build the model from scratch I might not be able to do it.

Last edited:

Lakitwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lakitwo
Your stuff looks really good! I can't wait for Fusion Suit Samus.

I'm requesting OoT Zelda/Sheik to go along with the official OoT Link.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I've already been using your Conductor Link costume for a bit now, it looks amazing in-game. As far as requests go...

Kati

Smash Lord
I told myself I wouldn't put the Fusion Suit into my build again, but damn that's the best version I have ever seen.

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
It'd be nice if you could make a decent light suit samus. All the other ones I've seen look terrible.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
My only request is OoT Zelda/OoT Sheik. I also have an OoT Ganondorf from /apples, this is all I need.

Anyways glad you went with my suggestion to make a thread. I wish you luck bro!

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
Thanks for the support guys.
Ocarina Zelda will be my WIP 2. How do you guys feel about me using her Melee model? With edits to them of course.
I was thinking though, What exactly would be different about Sheik? Some texture/model edits to look more like (s)he did in Melee? I don't see much difference between them.

Also, I'm a little under the weather at the moment so i might not be able to work on anything for a couple days.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Thanks for the support guys.
Ocarina Zelda will be my WIP 2. How do you guys feel about me using her Melee model? With edits to them of course.
I was thinking though, What exactly would be different about Sheik? Some texture/model edits to look more like (s)he did in Melee? I don't see much difference between them.

Also, I'm a little under the weather at the moment so i might not be able to work on anything for a couple days.
Take your time! Whatever happened I hope you get better soon man, I truly do. You're a good guy and I'm grateful for the advice you gave me. Now back to our Sheik talk.

Making Melee Sheik have a darker skin tone would be a good start, Melee Sheik doesn't have those bandages on her legs. A darker blue overall for her clothes, the ponytail should be removed.

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
I've already been using your Conductor Link costume for a bit now, it looks amazing in-game. As far as requests go...
That would be nice but I'm tossing in my vote for young Samus

I've also been using Conductor Link since it's release, really great work DB!

Last edited:

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
Oh I for got to add to the last post that Conductor Link, Fusion Suit and eventually Fusion Zero suit Samus, won't count towards the 2 Alts per character limit that I set in place since those I decided to do on my own.

With that i'll try to get some work done as soon as I can.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Oh I for got to add to the last post that Conductor Link, Fusion Suit and eventually Fusion Zero suit Samus, won't count towards the 2 Alts per character limit that I set in place since those I decided to do on my own.

With that i'll try to get some work done as soon as I can.
Should you add those two Samus costumes and get SJS to make portraits in his current style, that would be exactly what I've been wanting to see for a while now. More power to you, man.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
May I request the 75% corrupted PED Suit with Hazard Shield shoulders for Samus? No one else seems to have done this one yet is why I'm asking.

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
I have a request, would you be willing to import Melee Dr. Mario? I use KTH's Melee Mario import, would like the Doc to be available for consistency. :)

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Here's a pretty good reference image for an OOT/Melee style Sheik. Nothing really too drastic, it would just be brighter colors, texture tweaks to get rid of bandages on the legs, and redone hair design.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Here's a pretty good reference image for an OOT/Melee style Sheik. Nothing really too drastic, it would just be brighter colors, texture tweaks to get rid of bandages on the legs, and redone hair design.

I actually said all of that and one more thing before with the exception of the lighter blue. However the concept art is good to show.

NWRL

Smash Ace
Aww I was totally gonna ask for you to do an import of Black Shadow over Ganondorf ;_;

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
I hate to ask, but while I have the model working, I can't seem to implement the csp. How do I do that?

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
Thanks, that will help quite a bit.

I hate to ask, but while I have the model working, I can't seem to implement the csp. How do I do that?
it's in the common5.pac in the system folder. Just open it in brawlbox and go to sc_selcharacter_en -> char_bust_tex_lz77 -> MiscData[40] and replace MenSelchrFaceB.406

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Those costumes look really awesome man! I wish I knew how to do this kind of stuff. Toon Link and Samus look cool. Do you think that Ike could use an alt? Maybe his older look? It'd be awesome to see. But I understand if you are busy with other stuff.

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, I got that, but I am trying to figure out the battle portraits as well. I managed to kind of find them, but so far the only toon link portrait I see is outset link, with the others missing.

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
Those costumes look really awesome man! I wish I knew how to do this kind of stuff. Toon Link and Samus look cool. Do you think that Ike could use an alt? Maybe his older look? It'd be awesome to see. But I understand if you are busy with other stuff.
I don't know too much about Ike, but my main goal here is to giver all characters at least one alt.
it would be best to hold requests until I have an open work slot though.

Thanks, I got that, but I am trying to figure out the battle portraits as well. I managed to kind of find them, but so far the only toon link portrait I see is outset link, with the others missing.
There should be a InfFace406.brres file included with the download. Just put that in info\portrite with the other files that are similarly named.

Diraga

Smash Cadet
Could you make a SNES styled Alt. for Captain Falcon like this?

Diraga

Smash Cadet
This is good but it could be more detailed.

Last edited:

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
Heya guys. My internet was out for awhile, but I'm back now.
I got some more progress done on fusion suit.

Last edited:

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
I got some small work done on Shiek. I'm not too proud of my texture work but I'm trying.
I still need to ad that cloth part on her back. You guys think I should use her ponytail bones and rig it too, or is it better that it sticks to her back?
[collapse=sheik wip1]

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I got some small work done on Shiek. I'm not too proud of my texture work but I'm trying.
I still need to ad that cloth part on her back. You guys think I should use her ponytail bones and rig it too, or is it better that it sticks to her back?

I'd say rig it to her back.

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
More texture edits on OoT Sheik
[collapse=Sheik wip2]

[/collapse]
Should I keep the new hair?

Also Fusion suit's rig is done. I just have to animate the arm cannon and wait for some recolors from velen.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
More texture edits on OoT Sheik

Should I keep the new hair?

Also Fusion suit's rig is done. I just have to animate the arm cannon and wait for some recolors from velen.
Keep the new hair just because it adds a little bit of a different charm to Sheik.

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
Well animating Samus's arm cannon is more of a pain than I thought is was so I started working on Sheik some more.

I think just need to add the cloth to the back, edit the feet, and do some more texture edits here and there.
I can then start importing it.

[collapse=Sheik WIP3]

[/collapse]
Closeup of the hair

I would like any opinions if anyone has any

Lakitwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lakitwo
I would like any opinions if anyone has any
I think that her hips are a little too feminine. In OoT you are supposed to think that she's a guy right until the end. Her body shape is pretty masculine.

Other than that, it's looking great!

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
I added the rips to Sheik's clothes and separated part of the front cloth as a small little detail.

I fixed up a small part of Samus' rig and finally animated the arm cannon

I just need to add the morph ball and wait for Velen to finish those updated textures and recolors.

I think that her hips are a little too feminine. In OoT you are supposed to think that she's a guy right until the end. Her body shape is pretty masculine.
Other than that, it's looking great!
Alright, i'll try doing that.

Top Bottom