• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Dance into F-tilt?

Aswang

Smash Cadet
ive been trying to practice Dash Dancing into F-tilts and... its freakin hard to pull off for me. :mad: i manage to do Dash dance into F-smash about 70% of the time. does anyone have any tips on how to pull off F-tilt? ive watched the thomas tipman video and wak tutorials.

should i be dash dancing as fast as i can or just moderately?

chaddd

Smash Lord
Well, I'm sure you know that the dashdancing into the f-tilt requires you to pivot. The easiest way to do it consistently is to hit the last direction you want to go as quickly as possible, then let go of the control stick so that it's in a neutral position, and then lightly forward tilt in the opposite direction of you dash. That's how I get it consistently, but it still takes practice on top of that. Try it out, hope it helps.

Aswang

Smash Cadet
thanks for the input guys. Guess there are no shortcuts on learning this eh? darn i was dreading that. im just so lazy =P. well guess ill be in training mode for awhile.

zL.tyranT

Smash Cadet
label

I usually end the dash dance animation by pressing down, and then doing a quarter circle foward to complete the kick. (sounds wierd i know) All you have to do is "Dash dance, flick down, roll to foward tilt. It works a greater percent of the time if you wavedash in place after the dash dance , but this is very obvious. The former is very low percentage; i don't recommend it. A tight dash dance tends to increase chances also.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
I usually end the dash dance animation by pressing down, and then doing a quarter circle foward to complete the kick. (sounds wierd i know) All you have to do is "Dash dance, flick down, roll to foward tilt. It works a greater percent of the time if you wavedash in place after the dash dance , but this is very obvious. The former is very low percentage; i don't recommend it. A tight dash dance tends to increase chances also.
thats run canceling, dash cancel is done during the frames youre able to dash dance.

The 5th Police

Smash Journeyman
This technique is useful once mastered but that could take awhile. You must know the right frame to let go of the control stick and then lightly press forward then A.

zL.tyranT

Smash Cadet
thats run canceling, dash cancel is done during the frames youre able to dash dance.
I am aware that what i explained is also the method to run cancelling, but if timed correctly its possible to do this without dash attacking out of a dash dance ><.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
is this tactic worth perfecting though I know its flashy and that's awsome but is it worth it?

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
the what is teh point of perfecting this technique if its not worth it its very predictable wouldn't ur time be better spent practicing other stuff?

Top Bottom