• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash attack cancelled up-smash?

themrskills

Smash Apprentice
I have been unable to chain lucas into the dash attack canceled up smash. I've got the timing down, since I can do it with other characters, but lucas seems unable to perform this move. His dash momentum is always canceled by the up-A. Any suggestions/thoughts?

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
do u mean hit with ur dash and THEN ur upsmash?? cuz if thats what ur talking about, then i dont think lucas can do that but dont quote me on it. i no other characters can, but not lucas

Levitas

the moon
His dash attack actually slows him down, so DACUS is useless with him. Same goes for Ness. If you're bent on doing a Usmash out of a dash, just do a running usmash. Even if you want a hit with the dash attack > usmash, it's too slow.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Lucas's DACUS makes him go a shorter distance than his hyphen smash because his dash attack slows him down. Pretty much useless. Dash attack -> Usmash like Falco's is impossible with Lucas to the best of my knowledge.

Top Bottom