• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darryl in the Barrel (Melee Special Event)

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Darryl in the Barrel

12/29/12

Welcome one and all to the Louisiana's Melee Special event! We'll be focusing the whole day on Melee and its tech savvy self :).

TO-PingDing

Ping Ding-
Hey everybody the venue is the Hampton Inn and Suites across the street of McDonalds
Address- 6896 Hwy 1, Mansura 71350

Venue fee-$5
Melee Singles-$10
Melee Doubles-$5 per player
Other Tournaments-$5 each

Payouts

1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

Schedule
11-Brawl Singles
12-Melee Doubles
2pm-Melee Singles
4pm-N64 Singles

Rules

Melee

- Items are set to off.
- Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
- Double Blind*: If elected.
- Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
- Neutral Start*: If elected.
- Standard DSR*
- Gentleman’s Clause*
- Forced Character Selection*: Off
- Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.

Stage list:
Neutral: Battlefield, Dream Land 64, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story
Counter pick: Pokemon Stadium

Extra Rules

- Wobbling IS allowed, but it must not go beyond 200% to prevent excessive stalling.
- Kirbycides count towards the Kirby winning the match.

N64 Smash

-5 stock
-No Items
-Best 2 of 3
-Double Elimination
-Grand Finals will be decided by a best 3 of 5 matches and if the winner of the loser bracket wins a final set best 2 of 3.
-Starter Stage: Hyrule
-Neutrals:Dreamland, Hyrule, Congo
-Grandfinals time limit 10 mins per match

Recording

Melee- We will be recording most if not all of Melee Doubles and Singles.
N64-We will get Losers, Winners, and Grand Finals.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
We're adding Brawl and we've acquired a hotel. We will be adding a Venue fee to pay for said hotel $5.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Update on Address guys.

And Brawl has been added.

Hey everybody the venue is the Hampton Inn and Suites the address is
6896 Hwy 1, Mansura 71350 across the street of McDonalds

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
It's a shame Project:M was thrown out for Bawrl. That significantly decreases my hype. oh well, I'll try to make it anyways. Not like there are any other tournies within two+ hours of me anyways. If I make it, I'll gladly friendly anybody in project M, I'll try to bring a set-up and citrus said he would too.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
If I personally bring the northshore crew the tourney could average 10 to 15 people. The state's best is about an hour away so he may make an appearance. I doubt any of the Baton Rouge people will show but I may be able to pull some strings and get a carpool.

-Erick

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
If I personally bring the northshore crew the tourney could average 10 to 15 people. The state's best is about an hour away so he may make an appearance. I doubt any of the Baton Rouge people will show but I may be able to pull some strings and get a carpool.

-Erick
But I'm going to be in your area on the 28th, so I will either be going with you or we all are not going.

TheAmazingEcuador

Smash Rookie
Should be me plus 1 or 2. Anyone from lafayette need a ride represent carpool with me!!! no gas required most likely. (lets eat em' alive)

Top Bottom