• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Smash Bros. Cover Art

Ivysalt

Smash Cadet
Would anyone be interested in participating in a thread dedicated to custom Smash Bros. cover art? I wanted to play around with making some high-resolution (as much as possible, anyway) pieces that people could print off on nice, heavy semi-gloss paper (or regular paper!) and slip into their game case to show a little love for their favorite characters or even just for something different in the way of cover art. Here is one example...

...using the promotional poster for the Robin and Lucina reveal. Here are some relevant links:

Dropbox with the custom art files (currently fourteen)
(Flat) 3DS template for Photoshop
Photoshop action script to make the nice 3D mockups

Special thanks to the folks at this Neogaf thread for the templates, scripts, and all-around awesome community. I will personally make a few more in time, hopefully more original ones, and add those (and anyone else's should they create some) to the dropbox for archiving and convenience. If anyone has any questions, feedback, or comments at all, I am more than happy to answer them. I would also be willing to accommodate requests if anyone has an image or images they would like incorporated. Below are two more I just made. Thank you all for reading!

Last edited:

pikafire

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2509-2906-9493
These are some great resources and nice looking cover art. Keep it up! That Charizard and Mario one is so cool.

Last edited:

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
:drool:

Any neat LOZ or Link related ones?

Artificialignorance

Smash Rookie
Yoooo, these are actually pretty sick. I'm gonna probably try my hand at making a customized cover art. That's if I don't get lazy or don't forget in the future.

Ivysalt

Smash Cadet
Heya, all. Thank you for the encouraging words! I will continue to make these.
:drool: Any neat LOZ or Link related ones?
I wanted to make a general template one that highlights every main. Now that I have the base, it will probably be quick for me to make them all, but for the time being, I will give priority to any that are requested. Since you asked for a Link, he is the first. Alternatively, if you or anyone has any PotD that they really like, I can use those.

This art for this one is credited to the very talented PAPERBEATSSCISSORS! and though the preview does not show it, I added his name to the corner of the front.

This last one is just for the lulz. Each printable file is accessible through the Dropbox link in the original post.

Ivysalt

Smash Cadet
Hey, guys. I should have a few more of these this weekend. Going to try and hammer out a few more main-specific ones. May try and update the "Real Smash" cover to include more animals, though honestly, the photoshoping in that one is a little more intensive, hah. I wanted to ask, if you support this thread, would you mind commenting something so that it does not immediately become buried beneath all the new threads and the like? I feel that there is a lot of promise here if the occasional bump allows it to find some air and reach more people.

Ivysalt

Smash Cadet
Made a few more covers featuring various mains. Mac, Ganon, DK, Sheik, Falcon, Kirby, and Dark Pit spoiled below. The hi-res flats are available through the original post link to drop box.

Last edited:
Top Bottom