• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Support Ray for Smash! - Custom Robo Discussion Thread

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Well done on editing the wiki so quickly. I've given my feedback on the video on the Reddit thread, but I just want to say thank you for taking the initiative to improve Custom Robo information online. Can I also mention how cool it is that Custom Robo has Robopedia.

Those pages you edited look miles better than the past pages. I think the video should go above strategy, because as a viewer of this website most people would be more interested in seeing game-play rather than reading about it.

You seem to understand GX pretty well, do you know some Japanese? I ask because I've wanted a proper translation of this webpage (http://www.noise-games.com/essay/essay_15.html) which seems to outline when Noise asked Sakurai why Ray wasn't in Smash. Could be useful.

P.S. Does anyone know where I can find a 3D model of Ray 01? I've been able to make a lot of stuff with the BrawlBox Ray Mk III model, but I can't find any Ray 01 models.
I can do it, if you want.

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
I can do it, if you want.
The translation? That's awesome! If you have the time, I'd love to see a translation of the post. I think having evidence that Sakurai has acknowledged Custom Robo's bid for Smash bros will be useful. Especially if it's from an official Noise blog post.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
The translation? That's awesome! If you have the time, I'd love to see a translation of the post. I think having evidence that Sakurai has acknowledged Custom Robo's bid for Smash bros will be useful. Especially if it's from an official Noise blog post.
Do you want the part just related to Smash, or do you want the entire page?

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
Do you want the part just related to Smash, or do you want the entire page?
I'm not sure how much of the page is related to smash, but just that part would be good.
It's really cool that you can translate. I wish I knew more than one language, especially Japanese so I could play more CR games.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Hey guys, I'm thinking about the hypothetical Custom Robo 6 (we voted that the subtitle would be "World Tournament", but let's leave it as 6 for now). How would it play out in your mind and what parts would you put in it? Also, Wii U or 3DS?

@ The One Who Wrote This The One Who Wrote This

The video section will probably look best underneath the gallery section. Will you be making the Wiki pages for Arena Robos show the ground and air-dash speed?
I'll think about the placement of the videos tonight, but you do raise a good point as well.

I will update the values for the ground speed and air speed for Arena Robos, but I lack the means for recording DS games. However, I can try to use DeSuMe. If it lags though, I won't use it.

Edit:

Made some suggestions based on what ToastyPyre suggested (less time on the customization screen, have music, etc.) and here's the newest version of the Messier Video. Please let me know if any suggestions (barring quality) come to mind.

Edit (Again):

You seem to understand GX pretty well, do you know some Japanese? I ask because I've wanted a proper translation of this webpage (http://www.noise-games.com/essay/essay_15.html) which seems to outline when Noise asked Sakurai why Ray wasn't in Smash. Could be useful.
Just did a Google Translate of that site. Here's what I could take from it.

• They talk about trophies and how they managed to get some Custom Robo trophies in Melee (Melee is DX in Japan).
  • They talk about Sheriff (the arcade game) and how the writer of the blog has played the game so much that he got a score of around 100 trillion (probably an exaggeration). Basically, the blogger kinda likes Sheriff.
  • When they heard that Melee was being made by Masahiro Sakurai of HAL Labs, Noise wanted to include a character from Custom Robo in the game.
  • The blogger thought that the N64 model of a robo was good. Modelling was worked on and it was found out that the model made had 20 times as many polygons as the N64 model (that's probably why the trophies look so darn good in Melee).
  • However, despite being able to make a clean model, there existed problems. One problem was copyright. See, back in the day, Marigul was made in 1996 in order to provide more games for the N64. It was created by both Nintendo and a company known as Recruit (an advertisement, publication, and human resources company that only operated in Japan). Marigul was jointly owned by Nintendo and Recruit in a 40-60 split, respectively. Noise was one of the studios under Marigul (Noise originally was going to be a PC developer). Marigul would basically provide funding for smaller studios like Noise to make games for the N64. Marigul eventually was liquidated in 2003, but the studios like Noise and Ambrella were able to survive and still make games to this date (Noise is more known for the Custom Robo titles while Ambrella is known for the Pokemon spin-offs like Hey You, Pikachu!, Dash, Ranch, Channel, and the Rumble Games) So, Noise was basically the equivalent of a 2nd party developer back in the day and it was claimed that "Custom Robo was not a work of Nintendo". Nintendo and Recruit basically provided the funding and resources to Noise through Marigul in order to make Custom Robo and Custom Robo V2. It wasn't until Custom Robo GX before Nintendo actually gets mentioned on the title screen of the game. In order to make this clear, the 2 N64 titles had 1999 Noise (Marigul) and 2000 Noise (Marigul) as their copyright information on the title screen while Custom Robo GX had 2002 Noise/Nintendo as the copyright information.
  • They had to fix the crotch region of a model for a female robo (likely the Annie trophy in Melee).
  • The blogger mentioned that he/she thought that the development team of Melee (or a specific man [can't tell as it's a Google Translate thing]) were quite logical and had a sense of balance after talking with him/them for a while. Something else about how fighting games require a ton of research and analysis as well (which makes sense).
  • The blogger also mentions (and calls Sakurai "Sakurai-san") that, jokingly, another reason why a Custom Robo wasn't made into a playable character was the fact that the main form of attacking was through projectiles, and that would mess with the game's balance. Then something about laughing (probably the signature laughing of Sakurai or the blogger laughing).
  • The blogger ALSO mentions that the series is pretty low profile and that the games haven't been released overseas at the time.
Remember that this was a rough translation. But if this translation is indeed accurate, the main reasons for Ray's absence in the roster of Melee were the following:
  • Custom Robo was technically not owned by Nintendo during Melee's development period. It was owned by Noise, who worked WITH Nintendo. Nintendo and Recruit basically provided funding to Noise via Marigul, a joint company made by Recruit and Nintendo (in a 60-40 split, respectively). It wasn't until GX in 2002 (a year after Melee) when Nintendo was started to be mentioned by the copyrights in-game. This is the big kicker. But now Custom Robo is owned by Nintendo IIRC.
  • More of a joke than a serious point, but Custom Robos use projectiles as their main form of attack. This would affect balance.
  • The series at the time was pretty low profile. Blogger's opinion mainly.
  • The series was Japan only during Melee's development time. Fire Emblem was Japan only, but they got Marth AND Roy in the roster (though they were ALMOST removed in the localized versions), so this is more of the blogger's PoV.
Edit (3rd time's a charm):

Added the video in the section section. All you need to do is click on the tiny thumbnail in that section and it brings up the video. Please let me know if any changes should be made.
http://customrobo.wikia.com/wiki/Messier

And cue rant about region locking (well, pseudo locking for N64s as it's more of a physical thing than anything):
Also, my N64 titles came in, so I could do full recording now...if Nintendo didn't decide to put tiny pieces of plastic in the dust protector in order to prevent N64 games from other regions from being played on the N64. That's right, American N64s can play Japanese cartridges, but Nintendo put tiny pieces of plastic in the dust protector and changed the indent locations on the cartridges (American ones have the indents on the corners while Japanese cartridges have them slightly more in) in order to prevent one from playing them. So, I gotta use a special screwdriver in order to get the dust protector filed in order to be able to use it. Alternatively, I could just ditch the dust protector, but I kinda do want the dust protector because of the cool shutter door technology it has.
But yeah, basically I got all things I need in order to record footage for games (barring the Japanese version of Battle Revolution for the Game Link Rising Chimera battle in GX). But I'll finish GX stuff 1st as that game is kinda not as well known.

Edit (4th time):
I used a Dremel tip with my variable speed power drill and managed to trim the plastic off the cartridges themselves. They work like a charm. Here's the status of the parts list on both games:
  • Custom Robo: No parts or savefiles whatsoever. Basically I think the game had its save file deleted beforehand. All parts are unlocked when the main story mode is beaten. So, this basically allows me to make a playthrough video set as well as a parts set. 2 birds with 1 stone.
  • Custom Robo V2: All parts but Majel and Ray II Dark. I investigated the save file of the game and noticed that the Silver and Gold towers still needed to be unlocked, so the last person with the game didn't get Silver and Gold on all of the prior tournaments. I can fix that.
So, I got all of my games ready to record (CR1 through CR:BR) sans Rising Chimera.

Last edited:

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
But yeah, basically I got all things I need in order to record footage for games (barring the Japanese version of Battle Revolution for the Game Link Rising Chimera battle in GX). But I'll finish GX stuff 1st as that game is kinda not as well known.

Edit (4th time):
I used a Dremel tip with my variable speed power drill and managed to trim the plastic off the cartridges themselves. They work like a charm. Here's the status of the parts list on both games:
  • Custom Robo: No parts or savefiles whatsoever. Basically I think the game had its save file deleted beforehand. All parts are unlocked when the main story mode is beaten. So, this basically allows me to make a playthrough video set as well as a parts set. 2 birds with 1 stone.
  • Custom Robo V2: All parts but Majel and Ray II Dark. I investigated the save file of the game and noticed that the Silver and Gold towers still needed to be unlocked, so the last person with the game didn't get Silver and Gold on all of the prior tournaments. I can fix that.
So, I got all of my games ready to record (CR1 through CR:BR) sans Rising Chimera.
I can't say it enough, it's amazing the dedication and effort you've put into this. I wouldn't be anywhere near as organized as you have been in making project Robovation happen and doing it so quickly too.
As I said, that Robopedia page looks so good, and it makes me excited to browse Robopedia in the future, to find out more about the Custom Robo games. I also appreciate the trivia point. I found that little information tidbit regarding the name origins to be one of the most interesting parts of the page.

If anyone hasn't checked it out yet, the Hellfire page is probably my favourite new page on Robopedia. It makes me wish Hellfire was featured in all Custom Robo games after GX. The plot related and trivia section are really good reads.
Well done @ The One Who Wrote This The One Who Wrote This .

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I'm thinking of making a Custom Robo stage in stage maker. I still haven't got the hang of using it yet but I got some basic ideas.

- Its going to be closed in with high side walls so the easiest way is to hit them upwards.
- The center will have a shorter column with two cannons facing away from each other. (representing the robo cannons and helping aerial characters).

This will be a more generic holosseum but I'm also thinking of making a fire stage with a lava pit and a rising and falling platform.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I can't say it enough, it's amazing the dedication and effort you've put into this. I wouldn't be anywhere near as organized as you have been in making project Robovation happen and doing it so quickly too.
As I said, that Robopedia page looks so good, and it makes me excited to browse Robopedia in the future, to find out more about the Custom Robo games. I also appreciate the trivia point. I found that little information tidbit regarding the name origins to be one of the most interesting parts of the page.

If anyone hasn't checked it out yet, the Hellfire page is probably my favourite new page on Robopedia. It makes me wish Hellfire was featured in all Custom Robo games after GX. The plot related and trivia section are really good reads.
Well done @ The One Who Wrote This The One Who Wrote This .
Thanks mate! REALLY do appreciate the kind words!

Hellfire is my favorite GX exclusive at the moment. They were super creative about that robo's design choices throughout the entire game. I mean, who would've thought that a Robo named after a missile could be tied down with the element of fire? I REALLY wished he reappeared in a future game.

I'm thinking of making a Custom Robo stage in stage maker. I still haven't got the hang of using it yet but I got some basic ideas.

- Its going to be closed in with high side walls so the easiest way is to hit them upwards.
- The center will have a shorter column with two cannons facing away from each other. (representing the robo cannons and helping aerial characters).

This will be a more generic holosseum but I'm also thinking of making a fire stage with a lava pit and a rising and falling platform.
That sounds pretty cool! I really do hope one of the Holosseums show up as a DLC stage in the future. They always were interesting in design (though I do like the fire related ones a lot).

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276

The Hellfire page is very well done. But thecode to get him should be included in that page. Also, what is Action Chip Dash Canceling? I have GX and would like to know how to perform the AT, thanks.
I REALLY wished I knew the code. The FAQ I was consulting failed to get me the correct code for it. Edit: Nevermind. Found the Japanese website that has the codes. The FAQ I was using just didn't specify when to turn the page. It's all good now. :) I'll add the Passwords right now.
Edit Again: Added Hellfire's and Bigfoot's passwords in the Gallery Sections of their pages as Japanese characters are not liked that much on the Wikia page (at least his password's characters). The other passwords will be added to the Robopedia at a later date (there are 8 passwords for parts, 1 password for a tournament to regain AIRS, and 1 password to progress in the story [and unlock Ray Sky as a Robo]).

Oh, and Dark Chimera video. This will go in the Dark Chimera, Dark Plasma, Dark Bomb, Dark Gunner, and Dark Slide pages as those parts are not obtainable through any legitimate means whatsoever. Oh, and AIRS is required in this fight.

As for Action Chip Dash Cancelling (ACDC as I call it), I'll explain it. Basically, you know how most Air Dashes are not interruptible by the other parts for the most part (i.e. you cannot fire your gun during a Metal Grappler's air dash, no bombs during the Plane mode for Lightning Sky robos, etc.)?

Well, there's a universal technique that allows one to cancel the air dash of a robo at ANY time. It's pretty simple too. All you gotta do is use the Action Chip while you are Air Dashing. If you use an Action Chip while Air Dashing, you instantaneously stop your movement and will perform the Action Chip equipped. This works REALLY well with the Energy Protector as that chip has very little ending lag after the drop of the shield, allowing you to dash and stop as many times as you need.

Or you could use an Aerial Beauty.

Basically, ANY Robo can perform an ACDC and it works with ANY Action Chip (including the attacking kind [I personally use Short Slash with Bigfoot and ACDC into the Short Slash after dashing through the wall). So, it's a universal technique in GX.

I'll make a page for that on the Robopedia in the techniques section.

Last edited:

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice

Do you know how to get images from Smash WiiU onto a laptop? I've got these Custom Stages that are shaped like the Noise and Custom Robo logo, which I'd love to show you guys. Google has been surprisingly unhelpful.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Do you know how to get images from Smash WiiU onto a laptop? I've got these Custom Stages that are shaped like the Noise and Custom Robo logo, which I'd love to show you guys. Google has been surprisingly unhelpful.
Oh sure. You just need an SD card and put it in the front of your WiiU. Then when you take a picture it saves it to the card. Then its simply putting in your laptop and moving the images over. That's how I made my avatar.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Added videos to the YouTube page for ALL of the Body parts, the Gun parts, the Bomb parts, the Subweapon parts, and the Action Chips in GX (barring Rising Chimera) as well as the Holosseums. A couple of notes though:
  1. I apparently suck at using any Gun that lacks a Gatling feature (I like the Gatling Cannon, Cross Scissors, Ryuujin Gun, Nikaido Gun, and ARS-G02 the most personally).
  2. The Nikaido set is broken IMHO as I was able to EASILY perfect an opponent with it (despite Excalibur, Nikaido's primary Robo, being legal).
  3. There exists a glitch in the training mode where the Training Robo gets knocked down by the first shot (even if it is the 1st bullet from a Gatling Cannon). This is why I Shoulder Tackle the Training Robo at the beginning of most of the Gun Part videos (in order to reset the Knockdown counter).
  4. Still gotta add them to the Robopedia pages.
  5. The music rocks!
Anyways, without further ado:
Bodies:

Guns:

Bombs:

Subweapons:

Action Chips:

Holosseums:

Edit: Added Bombs.

Edit (Again): And Subweapons.

Edit (Once Again): And Holosseums. That's all folks (barring Rising Chimera)!!!

Last edited:

AceZTeller

Smash Apprentice
Your doing God's work man. We appreciate it.

As for other games and Project Robovation, whats the current plan? Like, in what order should things be done? I think a plan or a list might help, but I'm not sure what to write, or even if its a good idea.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Your doing God's work man. We appreciate it.

As for other games and Project Robovation, whats the current plan? Like, in what order should things be done? I think a plan or a list might help, but I'm not sure what to write, or even if its a good idea.
Thanks man! I really do appreciate it! :)

As for the other games, I'm planning on doing them in this order after GX is done:
  • V2 (as I just need to unlock Majel and Ray II Dark thanks to the prior owner owning all of the other parts [barring Jameson, of course, as he's unplayable]). For that, it'll be parts, Holosseums, and the Jameson battle.
  • CR1 as you unlock EVERYTHING by beating the game. For that, it'll be parts and Holosseums.
  • Battle Revolution as my save got corrupted (again). For that, parts and Holosseums.
  • I lack a capture device for Arena, so someone else will need to get that game. I'm thinking parts, Holosseums, and Diaramas.
If anyone wants to jump ahead and do a game on the list before I get to it, feel free! That will help us a LOT as this will act like a multithread program and will get the process done faster. :)

Some other things I can think of at the top of my head that aren't related to parts and holosseums that could be updated on the page include the following:
  • Character pages (including what robos they use, general plot, sprites, and anything else relevant). If ANYONE knows Japanese, this would be perfect for the 1st 3 games as I cannot read Japanese to save my soul. If a character has a different name in the Japanese games as opposed to the English games (i.e. Jirou in V2-BR is called Max in the English release of BR, the whole Fukashi/Marv debacle, Melvin, and the Mason/Mamoru schpiel), I'd say mention both translations in the page but use the translation that the page uses as most of those are already created (they just don't look good). And the Hero page SHOULD be split up into 5 pages as it looks messy to have them all on 1 page.
  • Area pages (i.e. Stark Mountain, Marsh Mountains, Z Syndicate Headquarters, etc.). These don't require a video, but maybe have them be kinda similar to Bulbapedia's route pages where they mention the general gist of the place as well as any plot related info, parts found (whether there's a shop there or there's a parts generator and an enemy in the area drops it) and enemy commanders found there (with their sets).
  • Pages for Tournaments (GX has a TON of tournaments). This could be for both the main game scenario as well as the Grand Battles. No video required, but maybe list point requirements, prizes, entry fees, robo sets, and so on.
  • Advanced techiques (like ACDCing, Bomb Cancelling, C-Stick aiming, etc.) should also get their own pages with a video. I mean, if Smash techs like Wavedashing and L-Cancelling get their own pages in the Smash wikis, so should these techniques.
  • Anything else that might be helpful with gaining knowledge about the series.
  • Grammar and spelling. This needs a LOT of attention.

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Bomb canceling? Does it end the lag on the gun or stop the aim without firing? You can cancel every guns knockback in every CR game by hitting a blast (except in GX). That should be called explosion canceling if BC is something else. Acrobat cancelling if an Acrobat part was used(they are superior for ECing). I might help with AT wikis.

For Ray in Smash, what parts would everyone like to see the most for specials? Legs Included.

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Bomb canceling? Does it end the lag on the gun or stop the aim without firing? You can cancel every guns knockback in every CR game by hitting a blast (except in GX). That should be called explosion canceling if BC is something else. Acrobat cancelling if an Acrobat part was used(they are superior for ECing). I might help with AT wikis.

For Ray in Smash, what parts would everyone like to see the most for specials? Legs Included.
I thought I read one of the prior posts where you or someone else mentioned that you could stop landing lag by launching a bomb while you are landing or something. That's what I am referring to. Gotta test it though as I could be joshing you without me knowing.

But yeah, you definitely know more ATs than I do, so I think you would be the best candidate for those kind of pages.

As for parts for Ray's specials, I'd have Dragon Gun (with Sniper and Rayfall as Customs) as neutral, Geo Trap Bomb (with Freeze and Gemini Bomb B as Customs) as side, Acrobat Bomb (with the Robo Cannon [not a part though] and Short Slash Action Chip as Customs) for up, and Smash Gunner (changed it from Round Gunner) (with 4-Way and Seeker Gunners as customs) for down.

But I'm down with anything that seems logical and/or unique.

AceZTeller

Smash Apprentice
So I guess you're saying that parts and Holosseums should be first then, which makes sense.

Does anyone mind if I make a drive or something to make a check list? Or any other form of free editing document? I feel like if this is actually going to happen, we should get some organization.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
So I guess you're saying that parts and Holosseums should be first then, which makes sense.

Does anyone mind if I make a drive or something to make a check list? Or any other form of free editing document? I feel like if this is actually going to happen, we should get some organization.
Don't mind at all dude! Making a checklist would actually help a ton (don't know why I didn't think of that yet)! That way, we don't accidentally cover the same ground twice.

AceZTeller

Smash Apprentice
Don't mind at all dude! Making a checklist would actually help a ton (don't know why I didn't think of that yet)! That way, we don't accidentally cover the same ground twice.
Ok cool, so does anyone know of any free to edit document websites besides google drive? Ill use that if nothing else comes up.

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
I think that technique your referring to, The One Who Wrote This, should be called Aim landing honestly. CRA is where I first did it, do not know if it is in another game. The AT does not completely remove landing lag as it puts you into a short landing lag animation meaning the AT is only useful for Robos with massive landing lag. Think legal Lightning Sky models after their airdash.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I think that technique your referring to, The One Who Wrote This, should be called Aim landing honestly. CRA is where I first did it, do not know if it is in another game. The AT does not completely remove landing lag as it puts you into a short landing lag animation meaning the AT is only useful for Robos with massive landing lag. Think legal Lightning Sky models after their airdash.
Ah. OK. Wasn't sure what the name of it was. Thanks for the clarification!

Ok cool, so does anyone know of any free to edit document websites besides google drive? Ill use that if nothing else comes up.
I think Drive would be the best bet to be honest, but I found this article that gave suggestions for sites:

http://freebies.about.com/od/computerfreebies/tp/online-word-processor.htm

Edit:

Well, I was looking at what information I could find regarding the names of the Holosseums in GX and I found this juicy tidbit of information regarding the timeline of the series.

• Custom Robo (N64) is the 1st game in the series (duh).
  • Custom Robo V2 takes place 1 year after Custom Robo (N64).
  • Custom Robo GX actually takes place 4 years after V2. However, it was eventually turned into a "Gaiden" story when Arena came out.
  • Custom Robo Battle Revolution is referred to as an "Alternate Universe" in the Japanese Wikipedia page. So, think of how Wind Waker is to Twilight Princess as Custom Robo Battle Revolution is to Custom Robo (N64). That being said, this doesn't explain how Max, Melvin, Marv, and Takuma University appear in this game (could be that their Alternate Universe counterparts happened to exist and use the same parts) as well as how Ray 01, Metal Ape, Swift, Seal Kid/Head, and Glaive appeared in Arena.
  • Custom Robo Arena takes place 3 years after V2. This would explain how there are a lot of similarities between V2 and Arena when it comes down to parts and characters.
So, if you were to make a timeline of the games, it would be the following:

1. Beginning: Custom Robo (N64). Custom Robo Battle Revolution is set in an alternate universe.
  2. 1 Year Later: Custom Robo V2.
  3. 3 Years Later: Custom Robo Arena.
  4. 1 Year Later: Custom Robo GX (though it's more of a Gaiden story now [still counts in my book]).
So, the whole series takes place in the span of 5 years for the main timeline and a boatload of time for the Battle Revolution timeline due to Rahu's influence a decent time ago.

Edit (Once again): Does anyone here know Japanese? I need a couple of photos translated.

Edit (4th time): Nevermind. Translated the names of GX's Holosseums. Should have the videos up for them soon.

Edit (5th time): Got ALL videos done for Custom Robo GX except for Rising Chimera. As I need to wait for my Japanese copy of BR to come in, this is as far as I can get in the video recording process of GX.

Without further ado, here are all 185 (186 after RC) videos:

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I'm beyond impressed with all the work you've put in in such a short time. Maybe you should just make the next Custom Robo game while you're at it haha.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I'm beyond impressed with all the work you've put in in such a short time. Maybe you should just make the next Custom Robo game while you're at it haha.
Thanks! Now if only if I worked for Nintendo.... :)

Can you give a link to the site/faq that gave you the codes for Lady P's lab? Please? I even tried translating the passwords and writing it in and it still did not work.
Got it from this site (as the FAQ was kinda flawed in the passwords). The 1st indentation signifies the codes for the Robo parts and the 2nd indentation signifies the code for the Corocoro Cup (where you win AIRS).

http://jp.wazap.com/cheat/全部パスワードまとめました/419553/

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Hey guys, do you think we should do something related to the music of the series. I've managed to get basically ALL of the songs in the entire franchise (thanks to WinAmp converting files to wav files), so I was wondering if we should upload them on YouTube for reference sake. That being said, I have no clue what the names are for GX's music.

I also managed to get the sound effects from Battle Revolution as well (including the famed Dragon Gun's sound effect [which is split up into 3 sound effects]). PM me if you need more info.

Also, managed to snag the Japanese and English intros for Battle Revolution:

Japanese:
English:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G5LfHxG6N1FANP2o2xEhSMmPu4RGuisHqnxz41TKTlY/edit?usp=sharing

Heres a page! I've started on some items, but I'll leave it to others to add and edit things as they see fit.

@ ToastyPyre ToastyPyre , maybe add this to front page, along with a description of the project?
Awesome checklist man! This will help a lot!

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
I'm pretty sure the Japanese version of BR has both intros. The English version just deleted the one with Infinity -prologue- .

By the way, if anyone needs help with Japanese, feel free to contact me. Like I've said before, I live in Japan, so I'm pretty sure can be of some help.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I'm pretty sure the Japanese version of BR has both intros. The English version just deleted the one with Infinity -prologue- .

By the way, if anyone needs help with Japanese, feel free to contact me. Like I've said before, I live in Japan, so I'm pretty sure can be of some help.
Good to know about that. I'll update the description to show that information.

Edit: To be honest with you, I found both intros inside the USA version's files. Guess they just modified the game's code to prevent it from playing.

And if I get a question regarding translations, I'll ask you. :) Thanks for the offer!

Last edited:

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, do you think we should do something related to the music of the series. I've managed to get basically ALL of the songs in the entire franchise (thanks to WinAmp converting files to wav files), so I was wondering if we should upload them on YouTube for reference sake. That being said, I have no clue what the names are for GX's music.

I also managed to get the sound effects from Battle Revolution as well (including the famed Dragon Gun's sound effect [which is split up into 3 sound effects]). PM me if you need more info.

Also, managed to snag the Japanese and English intros for Battle Revolution:

Japanese:
English:

Awesome checklist man! This will help a lot!
I was going to ask about the music, but I thought with all the videos you'd have to do, you wouldn't have time.
Listening to the little parts in your videos has made me wish I could find a complete soundtrack for it. If you can, definitely upload them to youtube.

And that Japanese intro reminds me so much of Anime intro's. It's interesting to hear it was not accessible in the English version.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G5LfHxG6N1FANP2o2xEhSMmPu4RGuisHqnxz41TKTlY/edit?usp=sharing

Heres a page! I've started on some items, but I'll leave it to others to add and edit things as they see fit.

@ ToastyPyre ToastyPyre , maybe add this to front page, along with a description of the project?
I've added it to the front. If anyone has any suggestions to change it (maybe some wording rearrangement) I'll happily oblige.

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I was going to ask about the music, but I thought with all the videos you'd have to do, you wouldn't have time.
Listening to the little parts in your videos has made me wish I could find a complete soundtrack for it. If you can, definitely upload them to youtube.

And that Japanese intro reminds me so much of Anime intro's. It's interesting to hear it was not accessible in the English version.

I've added it to the front. If anyone has any suggestions to change it (maybe some wording rearrangement) I'll happily oblige.
Not to worry! I have the entire soundtrack of the entire series in WAV files thanks to WinAmp. I just don't know how to make a video out of a WAV file. I also don't know the names of the songs for GX (barring 6 songs). Thankfully the other OSTs are already labeled somewhere else (BR and Arena's case) or are labelled on the Winamp files.

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Just use Audacity to convert the wavs into whatever you need, @ The One Who Wrote This The One Who Wrote This . Just click save as after you tricked Audacity into thinking you edited the file. Then use Windows Movie Maker to create a movie and say that you want it to have the songs throughtout the length of the movie. Hope this helps. Thanks for the link.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Just use Audacity to convert the wavs into whatever you need, @ The One Who Wrote This The One Who Wrote This . Just click save as after you tricked Audacity into thinking you edited the file. Then use Windows Movie Maker to create a movie and say that you want it to have the songs throughtout the length of the movie. Hope this helps. Thanks for the link.
I'll try that when I get home. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

And happy to help mate!

Edit: How's this for an example of an OST Video (granted, I chose a track that loops after 20 seconds and the video lasts for 3:09)?

Last edited:

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
I'll try that when I get home. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

And happy to help mate!

Edit: How's this for an example of an OST Video (granted, I chose a track that loops after 20 seconds and the video lasts for 3:09)?

I have a few suggestions about the videos if I may.
- For the OST youtube videos, add the time where the music first loops, and then the same description as the linked select song (with the game and company names).
- If possible, make one long video with the entire OST of each game.
- Also, there's a way to format your home page to show uploads & playlists, rather than recent activities. Go to your channel and click the pencil on the right and then click Channel settings. On the left, click the button with Dashboard. At the top will be a view channel link. Once you hit that, click add a section then select content (playlist and upload will be there).

Nice turnaround on the OST, it took you less than 24 hours. You must work like a machine.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I have a few suggestions about the videos if I may.
- For the OST youtube videos, add the time where the music first loops, and then the same description as the linked select song (with the game and company names).
- If possible, make one long video with the entire OST of each game.
- Also, there's a way to format your home page to show uploads & playlists, rather than recent activities. Go to your channel and click the pencil on the right and then click Channel settings. On the left, click the button with Dashboard. At the top will be a view channel link. Once you hit that, click add a section then select content (playlist and upload will be there).

Nice turnaround on the OST, it took you less than 24 hours. You must work like a machine.
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll do that with all 90 songs (as well as the dashboard)!

Edit: Japanese copy of Battle Revolution came in! I'll try to tackle Rising Chimera.....as soon as I get the AIRS parts.

Edit (Again): Well, remember how I mentioned that I couldn't record Custom Robo Arena due to the lack of a way to record the footage?

Found a way to record from an actual DS!!

Here's the test video (and if it's good enough, Mistral's video)! Let me know your thoughts!

Edit #3: Also completed the Custom Robo V2 OST Playlist. Feel free to add this to your listening playlist.

Edit #4: I've just noticed 2 things regarding V2's music.
  1. It re-uses a LOT of tracks from Custom Robo N64.
  2. The rip I have LACKS some of these tracks, but they are found in the Custom Robo N64 rip I have as well.
So, I'm just going to make a Mega Playlist that has both of the games' music rips together.

Last edited:

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice

Vote for Custom Robo in the Smash Bros Ballot: https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

Welcome to the Custom Robo Discussion Thread. This thread focuses on the possibility of a Custom Robo (specifically a Ray model) being playable in Smash Bros. However any Custom Robo discussion is welcome.

Project Robovation in progress: An effort to increase Custom Robo knowledge online. A collaboration to get video of parts, holosseums & important bits of gameplay from all Custom Robo games.
Spearheaded by @ The One Who Wrote This The One Who Wrote This . Check off completed compilations at this link.

Sign the petition to revive the series:
https://www.change.org/p/operation-robo-rebirth-petition-for-a-new-custom-robo
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Brief history of the Custom Robo series:
The Custom Robo series was developed by Noise and published by Nintendo, and has 5 games so far.
Timeline:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ray Models:

Custom Robo in the Smash Bros. series:
Custom Robo has been featured in both Melee and Brawl, but is not featured in Smash 4.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________​
Supporters Moveset Ideas:
@ Gallowglass Gallowglass
So after playing some Kirby games and Megaman I really like the idea of him using a variety of weapons in Smash. This was mention by Andorok and lobotheduck21 and I like this idea. So here is a quick mock up on Ray's move set.
Standard Attacks will mostly consist of kicks and pistol whipping. Some techniques he'll use weapons like the needle gun or the blade gun as a melee weapon. His dash attack will also be his charge attack which he shoulder checks the person.
Specials
B: Gatling Gun: Fires a short burst of rounds on a sideways direction. Does low damages but stuns them while their getting hit.
Up B: Acrobat Bomb: Drops a bomb that explodes underneath him and launches him into the air. Can be used for meteor attacks as well.
Forward B: Satellite Pods: He lays up to three pods that float in place for trapping. They do low damage but when place right can be very annoying. After some time they will explode on their own.
Down B: Standard Bomb: Lobs a bomb in an arch in order to shoot over walls and barriers. Can even be use to hit people on platforms above him.
Grapple
Catch: Uses Catch Gun similar to Samus Grapple Beam
Holds the enemy with his bomb hand and pistol whips with his gun.
Down Throw: Knocks them to the ground and use Drill Gun
Up Throw: Uses Knuckle Gun to punch them upward
Forward Throw: Plants Burrow Bomb D at his feet and lets it explode knocking him forward.
Back Throw: Pulls them behind him and uses the shotgun to the face.
Final Smash
Idea 1: SoulBoost and Weapon Upgrade
Ray transforms his special moves and turns gold with soulboost. He gets a new moveset.
B: Dragon Gun: Fires and large flaming roaring dragon that chases the nearest target.
Up B: Acrobat Bomb just like before.
Down B: Geo Trap Bomb: fires like a slower standard bomb but creates a large ground level explosion.
Forward B: Wave Pods: Fires a pod forward that when it explodes creates a wave that can go through walls.
While in soulboost he take less damage and can't be stunned or knocked down.
Idea 2: Robo Swarm
A bunch of various Custom Robos come from all sides of the screen and just wreak havoc across the stage. Little raiders running around shooting, lighting sky's flying over head bombing, funky big heads jumping around dropping pods, etc. Just a mass chaos of little robots shooting and blowing up stuff. Also a good assist trophy idea.
Unique Traits:
Hover: Can hover in place momentarily. Same input as Peach's hover. Lasts for as long, but cannot move horizontally when doing the hover. Feather Legs are equipped automatically as an aesthetic change. Normal Legs equipped after hover is done so falling speed isn't changed after hover. Lasts as long as Peach's hover.
Air Dash: Lacks Vertical Movement for air jumps. Air Dashes move Ray 01 FAR though. Long Thrust legs are equipped as an aesthetic change.
Reload: Can't use same projectile move in succession. 2nd use reloads unless if another move is used or player waits for 5 seconds. Physical moves ignore this. Used to encourage multiple types of projectiles.
Size: Taller than Olimar and Mega Man, but slightly shorter than Link and Samus. Normally 12 inches tall in the source material, but Olimar grew by a lot.
Walking Speed: Above Average (slightly faster than Smash 4 Bowser speed). Stabilizer Legs auto-equipped as an aesthetic.
Dashing Speed: Also around Bowser's (slightly faster). Formula Legs are equipped as an aesthetic.
Weight: In a scale of 0-10, he'd be a 4. Gets KO'd easily around 110% by F-Smashes.
Ground Jump Height: Mega Man's. Wide Jump Legs equipped as an aesthetic.
Number of Jumps (including Ground Jump): 3.
2nd and 3rd jump height: Non-existent as Ray 01 air dashes instead. Explained in "Unique Characteristics" section.
Air speed: Amazing like Mega Man's and Puff's (mainly because of Wide Jump legs).
Falling Speed: Mega Man's. Basically decently fast.
Roll: Long distance, but a bit laggy. Think like in the intro cutscene when he dodges the Wyrm Gun fired by Rakansen (check spelling of name for Illegal Strike Vanisher).
Entrance: Robo Cube launches into arena. Picture how it works in the intro cutscene for CR:BR.
Can crawl?: No.
Can Wall Jump?: Yes, but the angle is practically nonexistent (very horizontal). Air dashes into walls in the source material bounce you off the wall if timed right.
Taunts: Beats me.
Victory Poses: CR:BR's and CR:A's victory poses for Ray 01.
Costumes: Ray 01, Ray, Ray MK II, X Ray, Ray MK III, Ray II Dark, Ray Warrior, and Ray Sky (changes into plane for air jumps but is unchanged otherwise). Same stats and charge attack (even though source material states otherwise). Announcer Name changes as well (like Bowser Jr and the Koopalings).
Moves:
Get Up Attack: Breakdance maneuver with Sword Gun as a Melee weapon for all 3 variations.
Ledge Attack: Marth's ledge attack.
Jab Combo: Basic Gun's 3 shots: Each press does each shot. More powerful than Mega Man's Mega Buster and causes more flinch, but last shot of combo executed (pressing A 1 time or 2 times also does this if no 2nd or 3rd A is pressed, respectively) has more lag because of gun recoil. Travels farther as well. Cannot fire again until shots disappear. 3 shots of 2.6%, 2.6%, and 3.8%. 3rd shot can be cancelled into Jab Combo Ala Illusion Stab or Elwind Rapid Jab.
Rapid Combo: Gattling Gun: 12 shots. Less flinch than Basic Gun. 0.75% each shot. Shots get weaker the farther they go, but are long ranged (3/5ths of FD). Last shot has decent knockback. Part of Basic Gun, so use of Gattling forces reload of Basic.
Dash Attack: Slide Gun: Ray shoots 1 shot while sliding forward. Can aim shot with control stick. Kinda weak, but flinches like Falco's Blaster. Very mobile while doing the move as well. 3.1%
Tilts:
Forward: 3 Way Gun: Fires 9 shots in 3 sets of 3 that all go forward. Each shot is 1.5%.
Down: Burrow Bomb D: Fires a bomb that lodges into the ground in front of Ray 01. Explodes when touched or if nothing happens for a while. Can hurt Ray 01. Think Snake's mines in Brawl. Same power as an uncharged mine in Brawl.
Up: Phoenix Gun: Fires 2 bird shaped rounds simultaneously that travel over the foe's head. 2 hits of 5.5%. Downwards knockback flying down, upwards knockback flying up.
Smashes:
Forward: Charge attack from the games. Powerful and moves forward like Wario Man's F-Smash in Brawl (not as far). Also disappears momentarily like Fox Illusion. Lag is big though. Good at breaking shields and also has Super Armor. 25% Uncharged, 35% fully charged. 60 degree from horizontal for launch angle.
Up: Smash Bomb: Fires a bomb above that explodes immediately after launch. Think Snake's Mortar but it explodes immediately after launch. Very good anti air. About 17% uncharged, 25% fully charged.
Down Smash: Twin Flank H Pods: Pods move in opposite directions. Bounces off walls. Explode after 10 seconds. Low damage and knockback. Mainly used for setting up due to good hitstun. 7% each uncharged, 12% each fully charged.
Aerials:
Nair: Gravity Gun: Immobile projectile is sent out. Decent radius. POWERFUL Meteor Smash. Disappears after 2 seconds. 10%.
Fair: Flare Gun: Fires a shot that bursts into smaller shots. Burst deals 14% during explosion, Smaller shots do 2.5% each. Burst has great knockback, mini shots are Mega Buster knockback.
Bair: Straight Bomb: Fires a bomb backwards. Simple. 9%, but great knockback.
Uair: Satellite Pod: Creates stationary pod. Homes when enemy is closer by. 8%.
Dair: Spider Pod: Creates 1 pod that moves slowly (falls fast) until foe gets close to it. Moves fast for the kill. 8%.
Grab: Catch Gun: Long Range Grab. Slower than Grapple Beam, but homes slightly.
Pummel: Pistol Whip. 1%, quick variant.
FT: Needle Gun: Throws foe forward and shoots 3 way Needle gun. Each needle is 2.4%.
UT: Knuckle Gun: Punches Upwards. 6%. Good combo move at low percentages.
DT: Drill Gun: Drills foe into ground. 10 hits of 0.8%. Knocks foe at low backwards angle.
BT: Shotgun: 3 simultaneous hits. 12%. Good KO move.
Specials:
Neutral (Signature Guns):
1) Dragon Gun: The treasured Dragon Gun that appeared since CR1. Fires moving Dragon Head of Fire that slightly homes on foes. Pretty powerful knockback, but laggy. 17.5%. Power with low speed.
2) Sniper Gun: Another fan favorite since CR1. Fires a shot that is pretty fast and has semi powerful knockback. No homing at all and has some lag as well. 14%. Speed with low homing.
3) Rayfall Gun: Another series favorite. Fires 4 shots. On ground, they wait before launching at opponent. In air, they fire immediately. Strong homing, but not as powerful. 4 shots of 2.5%. Decent flinch, but little to no knockback. Homing with low power.
Side (Restricting Bombs. Hold B to change aim distance and delay launch):
1) Geo Trap Bomb: Fires an arcing bomb that expands slowly. Causes foe to trip if they are hit (caused instant knockdown in source game). Kinda big blast radius. 7%. Anti Ground.
2) Freeze Bomb: Fires straight bomb that paralyzes on contact (not freeze oddly enough) with its blast. 2% damage, but great for set-ups. Ray 01 can be hurt and stunned by the blast if he touches it. Stunner.
3) Gemini Bomb B: Fires two arcing bombs that are spread out. Used for limiting movement, but cannot hurt foes that are in the middle of the two shots. Each bomb does 3.5% and have fixed knockback. Anti Movement.
Up (Recovery. Helpless frames after 2nd and 3rd):
1) Acrobat Bomb: Fires Acrobat bomb that launches Ray 01 up. Very vertical. No damage when opponent gets hit, but there exists knockback at the start of the move.
2) Robo Cannon: Clone of Rosalina's Launch Star, but with the Robo Cannon. More delay and less distance than Acrobat Bomb, but can angle direction. No damage or knockback.
3) Short Tackle Action Chip: Causes Ray 01 to charge in a direction. Think Mewtwo's Teleport but with a tackle instead of a teleport. Least distance out of the 3 (distance of 2nd Elwind in Gliding Elwind) but can cause 15% damage and great knockback if it hits. Any direction too.
Down (Gunners (variant of Pods in GX that fire bullets instead of blowing up)):
1) Round Gunner: Think the Ouroboras from MvC that Strider Hiryu has. Basically that but lasts for 7 seconds. Recharge of 20 seconds after move is finished. 1% each shot from the 2 orbiting gunners.
2) 4-Way Gunner: A pod that stays stationary and fires multiple times. 1.5% each shot (fires 4 at a time in a fan shape). Fires 1 cluster every 2 seconds and lasts for 8 seconds. 13 second cooldown.
3) Seeker Gunner: Slowly follows opponent and tries to get shots on them. 8 second duration with 17 second cooldown. 1% damage each shot.
Final Smash: Soul Boost + Illegal Upgrade:
Ray 01 activates Soul Boost and changes all of his non-body parts for Illegal parts. Soul Boost increases damage, speed, and defense (each attack done on him only does 1% damage). Super Armor is activated as well. Is all gold as well. Reload counter is ignored as well. Lasts as long as Giga Bowser in Smash 4. Phantom Legs are equipped.
New Moveset:
Jab Combo: Non-existent.
Rapid Jab: ARS-G02 Alpha Shot (Military fusion of Gattling and Eagle Guns from GX that AIRS uses): Fires 6 shots of 3%. Fast and slight homing.
Dash Attack: Cleaver Gun (Illegal Slide Gun from Arena): 3 shots while moving. Quicker and more powerful (5% each shot).
F-Tilt: Gousset Gun (Illegal 3-Way from N64 days): Fires 3 sets of 2. Faster and each bullet does 3.5%.
Up Tilt: Carat Gun (Military Grade version of Phoenix): 3 faster simultaneous rounds of 6.5% each hit. Fly higher.
Down Tilt: Nikaidou Bomb (Illegal Burrow Bomb from GX): Fires 2 bombs in a V shape. Both are as powerful as a fully charged Snake mine in Brawl. Burrow into ground.
F-Smash: Ray Warrior's Charge Attack (Battle Revolution). No lag and does 40-50% damage. Tremendous knockback. 15 degree launch angle from horizontal.
Up Smash: Amun Gun (Illegal Gun from V2 and Arena that Jameson uses [Smash Bomb lacked an illegal version]): Fires split laser above Ray 01. 18% but reaches high.
Down Smash: Cerberus Pod (Illegal Wave Pod from V2 and Arena that evil Doppelganger used [Twin Flank lacked Illegal Variant]): 3 Way Wave pod (Up and sides). 6% with each wave hitting 5 times.
NAIR: Dark Plasma (Illegal Gun that Evil Boss of GX used [the closest I could find to an Illegal Gravity]): Fires 6 shots that do 4.5% each. Slow homing, but lasts for a LONG time. Sadly doesn't Meteor.
FAIR: Rahu III Gun (Illegal Flare Gun from Battle Revolution that Final Boss used): Same as before, but burst shot and spread shots are bigger as well as more damage and homing of smaller shots. 33% burst, 6% individual shots.
BAIR: Hadron Bomb (Illegal Direct Bomb that Evil Boss of Arena used [couldn't find Illegal Version of Straight Bomb and needed to reference Hadron]): Fires 2 bombs. They home at launch like Samus' Missle #3.
UAIR: Kindjal Pod (Illegal Satellite Bomb from Arena): More power and bigger blast.
DAIR: Wolf Spider (Illegal Spider Pod that Sergei uses in Battle Revolution): Faster and Stronger than regular spider.
Throws:
Grab: Viking Axe (Illegal "variation" of Catch Gun and Energy Dagger from GX): Does damage and forces a stun. Otherwise identical to Catch Gun.
Pummel: 2%.
FT: Boronji Gun (Illegal Needle Bomb from V2): 4 lasers of 4%.
UT: Rouga Gun (Illegal Knuckle Gun from V2. Has a wolf theme to it): More power and range than Knuckle Gun.
BT: Gaiou Gun (Illegal Shotgun from GX): Shotgun, but 4 simultaneous hits. 3.5%, 3.5%, 3.5%, 4.5%.
DT: Crystal Strike Gun (Illegal Meteor Storm Gun from Battle Revolution [lacked Illegal version of Drill Gun]): Fires 8 point blank shots of 2% each.
NB1: Wyrm Gun (Illegal Dragon Gun. Was known as Homura Gun beforehand as Homura used it): Fires 5 fast and homing Wyrm heads on ground (5% each) or 1 large, fast, and homing Wyrm head in air (22%).
NB2: X Laser Gun (Illegal Version of V Laser Gun [Sniper lacked an Illegal variant]): Fires two simultaneous shots that split at launch and cross with each other where the opponent is at. Each laser deals 10.5%.
NB3: Minamo Gun (Illegal Rayfall from N64 days): More power, more speed, and more homing. 6 shots as well.
SB1: Deva Bomb (Illegal Titan Bomb used by Doppelganger in V2 and Arena [there was an Illegal Geo Trap known as I Geo Trap in GX, but that was too similar to the regular version]): Fires an extremely slow arcing bomb. Blast radius is huge and deals 40% with extremely large knockback (almost an OHKO).
NB2: Indigo Bomb (Illegal Freeze Bomb in V2 [Big Bad used it] and Arena [Doppelganger had it for 1st fight]): Bigger Radius, more damage, and longer freeze duration.
NB3: Grand Cross Bomb (Illegal Delta Bomb [lacked Illegal Variation of Gemini that warranted use]): Fires 4 bombs. If not aimed, launches 2 in front and 2 behind Ray 01.
UB1: Higher launch and more horizontal movement. Only legal weapon that remained.
UB2: Farther launch. There lacks an illegal Robo Cannon.
UB3: Rising Slide (Illegal Short Tackle that GX super boss used): More distance and 30% with great knockback.
DB1: Circulation W Gunner (Military Grade Round Gunner in GX that AIRS uses): Great range, firing rate, and only a cooldown of 5 seconds with a duration of 10.
DB2: I 4-Way Gunner (Illegal 4-Way Gunner from GX) : More power, faster firing rate, and aims towards opponents. Cooldown of 3 seconds, duration of 16.
DB3: I Seeker Gunner (Illegal Seeker Gunner from GX): More power and shoots in a V. Cooldown of 3 seconds, duration of 17.
@ AceZTeller AceZTeller
B: Guns: One short range, one mid range, and one long range. They aim like in thegame.
• Mega Burst Gun: Long lasting rounds for trapping.
• Gatling Gun: High fire rate for screen control.
• Dragon Gun: Good homing for pressure.
Side B: Bombs: can move the cursor up, down, left, and right. He can hurt himself.
• Standard Bomb: medium speed, average arc, medium damage.
• Submarine Bomb: slow, no arc, big damage.
• Tomahawk Bomb: quick, high arc, comparatively less damage.
Down B: Pods: used for trapping and screen control and in the rare case recovery, Samus and Link style. He can hurt himself with them.
• Spider Pod: homes in on nearby opponents on ground only. Three charges.
• Satellite Pod: homes in on nearby opponents in the air only. Three charges.
• Acrobat Pod: Simply for easy recovery in exchange for no screen control. One charge.
Up B: Air Dashes/Legs: depending on the leg you choose, your air dash Up B will be different. Gets 2 air dashes under normal circumstances.
• Long Thrust: Longer air dashes.
• Quick Thrust: Quicker air dashes.
• Plus One Legs: gets an extra, normal air dash.
As for why Charges aren't a special, I'd make the normal Ray charge a forward smash, an anti air charge the up smash, and an in-place charge for down smash. They'd maybe have invincibility frames like in the games, but that might be OP.

Brawl Mods of Custom Robo Ray's in action:
List of Supporters:
· @tomic
· 1983parrothead
· AceZTeller
· Aguki90
· Andorok
· Azure Warrior
· Banjo-Kazooie
· BluePikmin11
· Bradli Wartooth
· camarosquid
· CardStealer1
· ChainArmour712
· Cobalsh
· DarkSouls
· deuxhero
· DragonSniperNintendo
· DriveSober
· Dub24M
· DukeNapoleon
· DustyPumpkin
· Edlocke
· Ekul
· FalKoopa
· FasdfGfaha
· Ferio_Kun
· FirstBlade
· fogbadge
· gameb0ybryan
· Golden Sun
· Groose
· Guybrush20X6
· HeroG
· Hong
· HugoBoss
· Hukster
· Jeronado
· Jerry Applesauce
· kaliskonig
· kaliskonig
· Kamikazek
· Keeshu
· Leafeon523
· Leafeon523
· LEGOfan12
· lobotheduck21
· lobotheduck21
· M52B28
· MandoBardanJusik
· Master Rapier
· MasterMushroom
· Megadoomer
· Mirron
· Mishudo
· MustDash <NeDave>
· NATGamer
· Oasis_S
· OblivionWolf
· Oracle_Summon
· Phaazoid
· Psionic EquinØx
· Ray Robo
· Ricky Winterborn
· Ridles the Space Pirate
· Serell
· ShaDoW4408
· shaggypatriot12
· Sigran101
· Skyblade12
· slambros
· smashingDoug
· smashkirby
· SmashShadow
· SmilingMad
· Solbliminal
· Spluni
· Storm Eagle
· StrangeTamer
· SuperBrawler
· TempahRelapse
· The One Who Wrote This
· TheSmasher916
· This is a Sentence
· ToastyPyre
· tomvoxx
· ToothiestAura
· VictoryIsMudkipz
· volbound1700
· willy410
· WonderSmash
· Zach777
· Zoljinx
· Zzuxon
· 鉄腕アトム
He is a very deserving character and one of my 6 most wanted characters, he is from a great franchise which is underrated and is the clear inspiration for custom moves in smash and it is on fitting to have him added as a playable character in smash.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
He is a very deserving character and one of my 6 most wanted characters, he is from a great franchise which is underrated and is the clear inspiration for custom moves in smash and it is on fitting to have him added as a playable character in smash.
Welcome to the guild mate! It's always a pleasure to have someone join us! Feel free to discuss anything Custom Robo related on this page as well as suggest this page to anyone you want. We're currently campaigning for Ray's (any Ray model for that matter) inclusion as a playable character as well as adding knowledge about the series to the web in order to make the series more well known.

I (as well as anyone else willing to help) am working more towards the latter goal by uploading video footage of parts and holosseums in action as well as adding the OST of the series. So far we've managed to get footage of all of the Custom Robo GX parts (except for the Rising set [working on it as we speak]) as well as the entire OST for Custom Robo (N64) and Custom Robo V2. We still need to add the parts to the Robopedia, however.

If you want to see what we've managed to get done so far when it comes down to videos, check out this page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuekCLuYYpYQqxIl14a8AnA

Also, the soundtrack for Custom Robo 1:

And combined OST for 1 and V2 (as V2 has most of 1's tracks):

Anyways, what's your favorite Robo in the series? Mine is a tie between Ray 01, Javelin, and Tempest.

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
The can :D
lol jk my favorite Robo has always been Swift, the cute little robo girl, I believe that's what she called. The movespeed was amazing and my friends always threw a fit losing to what looked like a 7 yr-old girl.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
The can :D
lol jk my favorite Robo has always been Swift, the cute little robo girl, I believe that's what she called. The movespeed was amazing and my friends always threw a fit losing to what looked like a 7 yr-old girl.
Little Sprinters are so fun to play. I personally liked the Bit, but I really enjoyed all of them. My personal favorite Robo model was easily Shining Fighter, though. My favorite Robo is the Apollo.

Top Bottom