• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

crituqe my ness

Ademisk

Smash Champion
The only thing I can say....that wavesmash was perfect. I can't do em like that. But yeah, the only advice I can give is my favorite edgeguard against Link. Dtilt off the edge, his head pokes up over his up B, your foot will keep hitting him just before he can grab the ledge. You can keep him in a combo for a LONG time, he might end up recovering, but usually they fall, and if they don't you've got something like 30% free damage with decently good look. Otherwise, you're more technical than me with the DjCs and shielding, so I feel like anything I say isn't really worth much.

Renth

Smash Hero
The only thing I can say....that wavesmash was perfect. I can't do em like that. But yeah, the only advice I can give is my favorite edgeguard against Link. Dtilt off the edge, his head pokes up over his up B, your foot will keep hitting him just before he can grab the ledge. You can keep him in a combo for a LONG time, he might end up recovering, but usually they fall, and if they don't you've got something like 30% free damage with decently good look. Otherwise, you're more technical than me with the DjCs and shielding, so I feel like anything I say isn't really worth much.
no, seriously i picked up ness like 2 weeks ago any crititism is good

PwNess

Smash Rookie
less down smash, take it out of your game completely.. theres always a better option. unless you have a spike jacket and you wanna edgeguard with your spiked dsmash.

against opponents with really laggy moves, capitalize with YYG/grab combos

i noticed you had a hard time getting back on the platform from the edge, check out the edge options thread.

if you're gonna use pk fire, never use it stationary. i usually use them to try and finish off combos with when my oppnent gets knocked back too far for me to continue my aerial assault. or use them to edgeguard against illusions/phantasms.

more fairs, good things happen after fairs.

other than that, you've got a pretty nice ness .

N.OW

Smash Journeyman
Pretty good ness! That was a sweet combo on links second stock.
Few tips for you
at 0 damage, down throw, djc fair , grab will work on normal/heavy chars like link. Dont upthrow against anyone other then fastfallers, as you may have noticed they go too high and you cant combo. Just stick with down throw or forward throw at low percents then use back throw when you know you can kill.

off the edge,once you get rid of his grapple with pk thunder, you can jump on top of him and use a neutral air, this is faster then trying to spike him. You can also try to bat if you get the right spacing.
You have all the right ideas i think, you could be even faster though.

Top Bottom