• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique this peach (with more recent vids)

darkatma

Smash Hero
Edit: more recent vids from 2/11/07

zeldafreak(peach) vs darkatma(sheik) r1
zeldafreak(peach) vs darkatma(sheik) r2
zeldafreak(peach) vs darkatma(sheik) r3

Round 3 is the closest, probably needing the critiquing the most. Round 2 is pwnage, and round 1 is meh..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5883985862120865374&q=zfreak+peach+zhu+fox&hl=en
zhu(fox) vs zeldafreak(peach)

It's from a while ago because he lost confidence in his peach shortly after, and began using a hiko-styled falco (which sucks because he's not half as good at it)
So.. critiques comment and suggestions :p

I'll get the next two matches up later (he gets pwnt vs marth bigtime)

edit: zhu pwns

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
If I lost confidence in my Peach every time I lost to Zhu, I would have quit SSBM years ago. I don't see how barely losing (really really really close. One nair away) can utterly destroy his confidence =(. Either way, he does better than I do in regards to the match up, so not much advice I can give there. I play Zhu's space animals really really often and have for a long long long time, so I can give you advice on the specific opponent, but I doubt that's what you're looking for. Not much I can say about your Peach that'll help it overall. Just more turnips I guess...

Sepph

Smash Rookie
Well I've seen Zhu keeps waiting you with USmash and spams it in some way. You rush to much IMHO because you dash very much towards the fox...try to keep some distance and lure him to you (be agressive, but also be patient). Great peach overall, you just had some bad luck...:(

darkatma

Smash Hero
If I lost confidence in my Peach every time I lost to Zhu, I would have quit SSBM years ago. I don't see how barely losing (really really really close. One nair away) can utterly destroy his confidence =(. Either way, he does better than I do in regards to the match up, so not much advice I can give there. I play Zhu's space animals really really often and have for a long long long time, so I can give you advice on the specific opponent, but I doubt that's what you're looking for. Not much I can say about your Peach that'll help it overall. Just more turnips I guess...
Lol yea he knows his peach is good, i meant he lost confidence with peach shortly after (not just because he got pwnt vs zhu, but because of other stuff, like being lame.) It wasn't directly related :p

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
He needs to learn how to chain throw fox. I saw two times where he upthrow to dsmash instead of chain throwing (missed fox with dsmash) . When fox does the peach killer (upthrow to upair) he should DI up at higher %'s to avoid the upair.

Also when he uses the bair to edgeguard fox he didnt grab the edge a couple of times where he could have killed that fox. Other than that, he has the peach machanics down.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Good Peach. Only suggestion is use more mind games. As usual. =P
^^C'mon man... you can give better advice than this.

Zfreak has a very sweet Peach... clearly better than mine, lol. Reasons why he lost is because of a few bad decisions he took during the match, and at the end, Zhu adapted to your friend's aggressive style and he ***** him.

I noticed that Zfreak was doing well against Zhu's aerials with dash attacks and insta float bairs, but at the last stock, Zhu became less agressive, simply dash dancing and WDing backwards. Zfreak ended up whiffing many dash attacks, and this lead to stuff like up throw->up air and drill shine. Zfreak became overly agressive at the end, and a poorly spaced bair was shielded, then he was upsmashed.

So I guess Zfreak just needs more experience, to be able to notice when his opponents switches his style up like that... now bring in the marth vids!

Ba1100n_Drag0n

Smash Apprentice
-Use Toad. Yes. Either through recovering to get a bump, counter, or counter on ground.
-Don't charge. Let him charge (the only problem is the Blaster).
-Wavedash backwards.
-Use less Bair, more Nair and Fair.
-Taunt (or make them angry, somehow. Not necessary, but I do it and I get my opponent in a situation I want them to be).
-Chain throw. As said above.
-Try to avoid those nasty Uair attacks from Fox. They're nasty (I said that, didn't I?)
-Less Dsmash (IMO, I would've either do Tilt Foward or Crouching Attack. Your playstyle with this move was completely fine, but you got to use more of the attacks within your arensal.)

BigRick

Smash Master
I would like to point out that Zfreak's move selection is excellent and that there's nothing wrong with it. He doesn't play like Vidjo but his style is still very effective IMO. WDing backwards doesnt really fit with his style IMO because he fights backwards (he uses reverse dsmash and instafloat bair alot, remember?).

The only thing that he does that I find risky is when he does a float cancelled crossup dair on the shielded fox and follows that up with a reverse grab. When you do this, Fox has a 4-frame jump, so he has the time to jump out of the shield and punish the grab with an aerial. Zhu did punish the technique at 0:22, but Zfreak did manage to land the grab later in the game. I would rather take no risks and use safer patterns instead, he also tried to use FC dair to dtilt and he got punished for it.

Also, you guys should stop mentionning chaingrabbing, he probably knows how to chaingrab... most of the grabs that Zfreak landed were not at chaingrab percentages (either below 30% or over 80%). Also, there's platforms, so chaingrabbing would've not done a major difference in this level.

For real, Zfreak knows how to play against Fox, he only needs to polish his game IMO. If he wants to learn sumtin new, he should consider learning how to get back on stage from ledge... you know when you ledgedrop and you double jump towards the stage... then you can follow up with anything you want (turnip, airdodge, aerial)

YoungGeorge

Smash Rookie
That was Great!!!!!!
Well better than I coul'dve ever done-oh and nice floating :p
Though Umcould youmaybe tellme how to record my own videos?

darkatma

Smash Hero
Lol yea everyone, he knew how to play peach very well a few months ago. He palced high in tourneys.

But since he dropped peach for so long, it's kinda rusty. (still good, but rusty)
So today we did some peach practice, and i'll get those up by tmrw so ppl can critique his peach and get him back into shape :p

BigRick

Smash Master
Check this thread out for some tips about the matchup (Peach/Sheik): http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=41085

For needle canceling, try to stay out of needle range, either by standing right under Sheik, or by standing out of the invisible triangle that would represent the range of Sheik's aerial needles.

Sheik can prevent Peach from pulling turnips with his offense+needle spam but when you see that Sheik starts to camp on a platform or sumtin like that, you have the time to retreat and pull a turnip. Try to keep him grounded with well placed turnip spam and turnip rushes. I've noticed that you mostly ***** him when you kept him grounded, or under pressure.

Top Bottom