• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique some CFL players, por favor.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman

KiwiBone

Smash Rookie
The falcon should tech more... maybe some edgehogs?
I dont really have any idea what I'm talking about...

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
The Falcons are both good edgeguarders/hoggers, they just tend to goof off a bit in friendlies and go for different stuff. I'll let them know about it though, thanks.

Any other takers?

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
Nair's are usually good, but very situational with characters like Jiggs and Ganon. I think the only time Ganon's is actually useful is against Falcon, really. Thanks for checking these out. Found some 2v2 stuff of you guys, are there any singles matches up?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
X-Play is a noob tourney. The only reason people from smashboards go there is to win money. Go to Gigabits.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
It's rare when I can make it out that way, and I'm still not on a high enough level to really be competing there. The X-Play tourneys offer me players more on my level.

When's the next Gigabits tourney, anyway? Are they doing low-tiers again?

BAMN

Smash Journeyman
No Singles yet. Like I said, those vids are a few months old and I only use my main like once in em. Ditto about skill lvls Pasqual, I am not quite up to Gigabits skill level yet so X-Play is good for me as well.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
I only watched the Jiggs video because I main Jiggs. Anyway. You pounded waaaaaaaay too much. Your first two deaths were because you threw out a random pound and he kneed you right in the face. Pound less, because it's a very easy move to punish due to the tremendous amount of lag. Not that it's a bad move, because horribly broken and I love it, but if you use it too much, you lose. And where were all the bairs? I've never seen a Jigglypuff use so few backairs. It's quite possibly her best non-rest move. It hits about a Jigglypuff of air behind her and out-prioritizes most attacks. It's also used most in her amazing WoP, which can get you really easy kills, especially on someone like Falcon who has such a predictable recovery. I also saw you trying for a couple up-tilt rests, but having an up-smash come out. All I can say for that is practice the up-tilt to get the feel of it. And also, that technique works best if you combo (through an up-air) or L-cancel an aerial to it, not by waiting for your opponent.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
I only watched the Jiggs video because I main Jiggs. Anyway. You pounded waaaaaaaay too much. Your first two deaths were because you threw out a random pound and he kneed you right in the face. Pound less, because it's a very easy move to punish due to the tremendous amount of lag. Not that it's a bad move, because horribly broken and I love it, but if you use it too much, you lose. And where were all the bairs? I've never seen a Jigglypuff use so few backairs. It's quite possibly her best non-rest move. It hits about a Jigglypuff of air behind her and out-prioritizes most attacks. It's also used most in her amazing WoP, which can get you really easy kills, especially on someone like Falcon who has such a predictable recovery. I also saw you trying for a couple up-tilt rests, but having an up-smash come out. All I can say for that is practice the up-tilt to get the feel of it. And also, that technique works best if you combo (through an up-air) or L-cancel an aerial to it, not by waiting for your opponent.
Whew, thanks. I knew my weakness in the utilt department but hadn't really noticed about the pounds/bairs. I can usually bair WoP alright but platforms kinda mess me up, I need more practice on them. Whatever, no johns, cheers for checking out the vid.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
West Oaks Mall in Ocoee. One every couple months or so, next is June 23rd. They've got a site but I don't know the name, just google "west oaks x-play" and that should hook you up. Where you located, Raistlin?

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Waterford Lakes in Orlando. I don't know how far that mall is, but it's not too out of the way, I'm sure. Unfortunately there's a Gigabits the same day, and I don't want to miss that.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
Ah, they synced up again? Crap, I think they did last time too, or it was X-Play and Twilight Showdown out in Tampa. Is Gigabits doing a low-tier tourney this time?

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Nah, they cut those because it took two much time. The two regular tournaments take the whole day as is.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
Ah, that's too bad. If you ever feel like smashing on a non-tourney day though, hit me up on here and we'll try to set something up. Dig?

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Absolutely. In fact, I already have some friends coming over at noon on saturday if you want to come by too. You can bring some of your own friends too if you want.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
Hm, we could work that. We might be meeting up with BAMN and some of his crew that night at X-Play so we could head out your way and you guys could follow us back if you wanted.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Hey, hey, I know that Apollo. Just because I don't do these things doesn't mean I don't know I SHOULD.

Top Bottom