• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique My Day 1 Bowser

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday evening I decided that I would take a look at Bowser to see if I could get at least a decent handle on him. These are the results.

I'd really appreciate if some of you more experienced Bowser mains could help me by pointing out any issues you see. I've only had the opportunity to play against CPU's so far so I'm pretty certain I make a lot of unsafe decisions, bad reads, etc. Thank you in advance.

GeZ

Smash Lord
These are the project M boards, so you're not going to get critique on Smash 4 vids. Also critique won't help you until you've got a firm grasp of the character, so asking for critique on a character you just started playing is really dumb.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
These are the project M boards, so you're not going to get critique on Smash 4 vids. Also critique won't help you until you've got a firm grasp of the character, so asking for critique on a character you just started playing is really dumb.
But this is a Project M video... And I more so mean what things am I doing that I shouldn't, where can I extend combo's that I'm not, how can I optimize my movement, etc.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Yoooooo, the thumbnail made me think it was smash 4 because of the custom hud. Sorry duder. But I still think asking for critique when you're not knowledgeable on a character is not advisable. Get character knowledge and up your game, then ask for critique.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Lol, understandable. And the reason I'm choosing now to ask for advice is so that I don't end up developing bad habits with Bowser. If I keep playing now, even with any further knowledge I could gain from reading the other threads here (the majority of which I have), then I still run the risk of turning unfavorable actions into even worse habits. That's actually the problem I ran into with Falcon in this game. I played him from the middle of July last year up until the 3.0 update, which is when I started really getting serious about smash and looking around for other players to test my skills against. Long story short, my Falcon that was beating lv.9 CPU's no problem was getting completely decimated by real players. Even after trying to learn the stuff I was supposed to do with Falcon in this game, my old habits just kept coming back, so I ended up dropping Falcon for Wolf (hence my current main).

Top Bottom