• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crash Bomb Discovery Perhaps

Kamtheman56

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kamtheman56
3DS FC
3222-6187-6285
Through recent testing done by yours truly. We all know Crash Bomb by itself does 8% damage from the explosion an explodes 3 seconds after latching onto something. But what I discovered is that Crash Bomb consists of 2 explosions each doing 4% damage while the opponent seems to be able to shield inbetween the two hits. Further investigating needs to be put into this but perhaps this could lead into some solid combos.

Last edited:

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a60jMi9yfFE this was posted in January. Tho the point of the video is about something else, it shows crash bomber doing 8% dmg normally.

What I want to know is how you got crash bomb to do 4% damage. That's a neat discovery considering it could lead to a combo string

Kamtheman56

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kamtheman56
3DS FC
3222-6187-6285
Apparently Crash Bomb actually does 8% damage like you said but each explosion deals 4% totalling to a 8%as Crash Bomb consists of 2 explosions. Apparently all my opponents were just shielding inbetween the hits of it. Editted the original post so that way it's still a discovery in a way and not completely worthless.

Last edited:

Greward

Smash Lord
Crash bomb deals 4 hits of 1% if it hits an object (luma, gyro, tree, ...) .

It definitely doesn't do just 2 hits of 4% even if it explodes by time, it does more hits of less %. Maybe the last one is 4%, not sure.

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
Doesn't training show you the damage numbers? Or is that only in the online waiting room again Sandbag? You could attach it the edge, have the sandbag be near the bomb, and see the numbers when it explodes.

Kamtheman56

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kamtheman56
3DS FC
3222-6187-6285
Training mode does show the damage numbers. But on topic here apparently Crash Bomb can do 4% damage by itself due to how it latches on to an opponent for example testing it on Mario it does 4% when stuck to his arm and leg it does 4% while stuck to his head it does 8% or when it's stuck to his body. However on a bigger character like Ganondorf it appears to 4% damage no matter where it's stuck.

Kamtheman56

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kamtheman56
3DS FC
3222-6187-6285
So it would appear that Crash Bomb is infact a multi hitting move as I've had accounts of it doing 3% in total to a Mario. Further testing needs to be put into this but with this information we could do much more.

Curisu

Smash Cadet
It does 5 hits. The first 4 hits do 1%, the last does 4%. What is it you're trying to do with this information?

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
It does 5 hits. The first 4 hits do 1%, the last does 4%. What is it you're trying to do with this information?
Perfect shield I assume? From what I do understand is you can't really perfect shield the entire blast of crash bomber no matter how good you are at perfect shielding since it hits too fast. That would be trying to perfect shield a metal blade or forward tilts/nairs at full momentum. You still drop your shield and are still as open as regular shield. Unshield, and you'll get hurt or put in a slow position.

DRU192

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DRU192
If it is Crash Bomb and Perfect Shield stuff your looking for, I made a video about some of my discoveries about a week ago:

https://youtu.be/LzPlrv9mPIw

Hope this helps your research.

Last edited:

Kamtheman56

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kamtheman56
3DS FC
3222-6187-6285
All I'm doing is exploring the information about Crash Bomb itself rather than it's uses as knowing the move is a great step to better understanding it's uses.

Top Bottom