• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crash Bandicoot for Super Smash Brothers. for Wii U and 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
For quite sometime after the release of Brawl in early 2008, I have considered many possible choices for characters.

Knowing that two third party characters managed to get placed into Super Smash Bros. Brawl, a fighting game originally intended for Nintendo characters solely, I thought of many ideas, however, I do think one character could work in SSB.

CRASH BANDICOOT

Think about it. I'm certain most of us understand quite well that Crash has not been doing particularly well recently, in terms of quality and quantity (sales), but his inclusion into the Super Smash Bros. series could potentially re-invoke interest in the character, and perhaps the franchise.

His design should NOT be the newer model with tattoos who punches and screams like an idiot:

As for moves, the basic neutral-A attack could be his spining tornado attack; it's iconic. I'm not sure about his up-B move, though.

As for his final smash, there are two great ideas for that:

The Mech from "Wrath of Cortex"
Aku Aku

There are numerous other aspects from the Crash series that can be incorporated into Smash. Aku Aku would make Crash invincible, stronger, more agile for a brief period of time, similar to Bowser's final smash, while the Mech could shoot Wumpa Fruit and fly around and wreck havoc. Speaking of which, Wumpa Fruit could also be food in the game.

I, for one, don't expect this to happen. But if it does, it would be awesome. Imagine Mario, Sonic, Megaman, Crash, and (as some have said) Pacman in the same game!

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Can you imagine the sheer unfathomable scream the internet would collectively make if not only Snake, but -CRASH- makes it into Smash but not Playstation All-Stars?

...You know what? It's worth it just for that. I support.

R0Y

Smash Master
Highly unlikely, especially with him starting (and being most famous) exclusively on Sony consoles and his franchise being stagnant. Rayman would have made more sense.

Only western-designed character who's been playable in a Smash:

Yes, Rare designed him, not Miyamoto or anyone else back in Japan.

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Ehh... Crash has had some masterpiece adventures in his early days but a moveset for this guy would just be so run-of-the-mill. I don't think he qualifies as a character that would bring new style and variety into the roster.

Oh he's not even a ninty character dere's dat too.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
THIS IS IMPORTANT

If ANYBODY here as some interesting ideas for how Crash Bandicoot can be implemented as a potential Super Smash character, please post your thoughts and ideas on this thread.

It will be very exciting.

Peace.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Y'all are missing something very important about Crash. He was created so Sony would have a weapon against Mario and Sonic. If we could have a game where 3 massive rivals of the 90s could fight each other, that would be amazing.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I imagine Crash being very balanced, but with more power and speed at the cost of defense.

Here are his B moves...
B: Bazooka
Side B: TNT Kick
Up B: Hurricane Spin
Down B: Super Slam

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
I imagine Crash being very balanced, but with more power and speed at the cost of defense.

Here are his B moves...
B: Bazooka
Side B: TNT Kick
Up B: Hurricane Spin
Down B: Super Slam
Come to think of it, his normal A-attacks could be punching and kicking.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgGG6zMqMVU

List of Nintendo Games Crash has appeared in: (Feel free to put this in OP)

Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (Game Cube) (2001)
Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure (GBA) (2002) (Nintendo Exclusive)
Crash Nitro Kart (Game Cube & GBA) (2003)
Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage (GBA) (2004) (Nintendo Exclusive)
Crash Tag Team Racing (Game Cube) (2005)
Crash Boom Bang (DS) (2006) (Nintendo Exclusive)
Crash of the Titans (Wii & GBA & DS) (2007)
Crash: Mind Over Mutant (Wii & DS) (2008)

Canceled Games:

Crash Twinsanity (Game Cube) (2004)

As you can see after the 90's were he was Mario and Sonic's rival he joined Nintendo, even having a few exclusive games, much like Sonic. He is apart of Nintendo's rivalry history throughout the 90's much like Sonic was and then paid tribute to Nintendo's history thought the 2000's with various games.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I have never really been a Crash fan, so I am not too fond of the idea. I don't really like 3rd party characters either. That being said, it isn't a bad idea. It is something that I could see a lot of people getting excited for.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Highly unlikely, especially with him starting (and being most famous) exclusively on Sony consoles and his franchise being stagnant. Rayman would have made more sense.

Only western-designed character who's been playable in a Smash:

Yes, Rare designed him, not Miyamoto or anyone else back in Japan.
You forgot about :dk:.

DK's modern design was done by Rare too.
Before Rare, he was just :75M:, which is technically young Cranky Kong.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Can you imagine the sheer unfathomable scream the internet would collectively make if not only Snake, but -CRASH- makes it into Smash but not Playstation All-Stars?

...You know what? It's worth it just for that. I support.
This is the only reason. Smash gets it's most wanted guests and then hijacks PSASBR's most wanted guest... :awesome:

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Crash is unfortunately a resident of the D.V.G.I Apartment Complex, along with Spyro, Banjo, and that mentally handicapped Bobcat that takes fall damage in a platforming game.

Of course, D.V.G.C. Stands for Dead Video Game Icons.

This is actually an idea for a webcomic or animation series I've been thinking about.
If enough people like the idea, I'll start working on it.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
It would be nice to see the classic Crash vs. Mario vs. Sonic battle finally take place, but I don't think this will ever happen, and I would rather see Activision sell the franchise to Sony than Crash appear in Smash Bros.

R0Y

Smash Master
You forgot about :dk:.

DK's modern design was done by Rare too.
Before Rare, he was just :75M:, which is technically young Cranky Kong.
Rare made up the now-canon fact that 80's DK is modern-day Cranky Kong, but yes, they re-designed modern-day DK as well. They easily had the only major influence on the Smash rosters of any developer outside Japan.

playstation wii box

Smash Rookie
Crash is unfortunately a resident of the D.V.G.I Apartment Complex, along with Spyro, Banjo, and that mentally handicapped Bobcat that takes fall damage in a platforming game.

This is actually an idea for a webcomic or animation series I've been thinking about.
i would watch or read that comic/animation sounds funny you would also need to put conker in it

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Crash Bandicoot is one of the few Third party newcomers that aren't a bad idea. He isn't a great idea, but not a bad one either.
That is what I'll give you.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
Crash Bandicoot is one of the few Third party newcomers that aren't a bad idea. He isn't a great idea, but not a bad one either.
That is what I'll give you.
If he gets in, it`ll be a slap right in Sony`s face to see their once cherished mascot in a Nintendo fighting game.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I love Crash Bandicoot so damn much and I wish the idea of him in Smash Brothers wasn't as near-impossible as it is.

Several years ago, I made a complete moveset for him, along with a stage, assist trophy, items and other things. It was a project I did solely for the fun of it, and called "Super Crash Bros." at the time, haha. Despite practically reaching completion over dozens of hours, I never posted the results anywhere online.

I'd love to scrape up what I did and perhaps refine ideas to share. I'll probably find myself making GIFs of his potential moves and post them here in the future.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I always thought Crash would be a cool candidate on the roster, him getting in is highly unlikely but hey, nothing wrong in supporting anyway.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace

Spyro's not dead. He's like, the main guy in Skylanders. I mean, maybe you don't like the games, I don't know, or don't care for his new design, but you certainly can't say he's dead. Earthworm Jim, ToeJam & Earl, the Battletoads... those guys would make way more sense than Spyro.

As for Crash? I love him. I have very fond memories of sleeping over at my best friend's house just so we could stay up all night trying to 100% Crash Bandicoot 2, since I didn't have a PlayStation. It was awesome, and I would LOVELOVELOVE for his series to make a comeback as a traditional 3D platformer. But they couldn't even get him in PlayStation All-Stars and, even moreso than Snake, I'd say, Crash's legacy is pretty firmly entrenched with the PlayStation brand. Yeah, he's had some adventures on Nintendo consoles, but how many people really remember those GBA exclusive games? And who honestly cares about Crash of the Titans? Or Mind Over Mutant? Not many, I'm guessing, since the series went back into hibernation after their releases.

And there really was no "Mario vs. Sonic vs. Crash." There was kind of a Nintendo 64 vs. PlayStation thing going on, but Crash didn't play the "Mario is lame!" card the way Sonic did back in the 16 bit days. And as much as there was room for a straight-up Sonic vs. Crash rivalry, Sonic mostly sat out the Saturn era. By the time he came back with the Dreamcast Adventure games, Crash had already gone multiplatform.

I love the little guy. I love him, Cortex, Coco, Aku Aku, the whole gang. I genuinely think CTR is better than Mario Kart 64 or Diddy Kong Racing and it's a real shame that sub series never really lived up to its potential... but I don't see him happening in Smash... ever. Sorry.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Huh, I had no idea Crash Bandicoot appeared on Nintendo platforms.

Though I seriously doubt he will ever appear in Super Smash Bros, I fancy he would have a unique playstyle.

Off-topic: I am honestly surprised Crash did not appear in Playstation All-Stars. I remember him being VERY popular back in the day. He was practically the Mario of Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom