• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CPU's constantly suiciding

TboneH

Smash Rookie
Let me start off by saying that I love Project M and I really respect you guys for what you have done. However, I have come across a major flaw that for solo play is pretty game breaking. I haven't seen this posted anywhere else, so it may be just me, but either way I need some help to get it fixed.

I play level 9s always, but I've been having trouble getting a good game in because the CPU's kill themselves almost every game. It usually consists of them air dodging off the platform, but also happens when they decide to use a move other than their recovery when they've been launched off stage. For example, I was just playing against a Marth, and when I hit him off stage, he decided it would help him to use his neutral b. He died before he even finished the attack. This isn't limited to a single character either; every single character does this to me, often enough to a point where I find myself restarting the match constantly until I can get a full, fair game. I don't want to win by default, that kinda takes the fun out of it. Anyways, if you guys have any suggestions that would be much appreciated.

TboneH

Smash Rookie
I'm assuming you're talking about the thread called "Just a few AI fails". I saw that, but it didn't discuss my particular issue so I figured a new thread was appropriate. That thread seems to discuss dumb AI in general, while I am dealing with a specific issue, and I'm not one to hijack threads.

Ginge

Smash Ace
This issue of suiciding computers was discussed at some point. Anyway. Certain characters AI are better than others. They're not perfect, but they're a lot better than the Brawl AIs (the good P:M ones anyway). Just try them out in the Training Room map if you want them to stop suiciding.

KFrosty

Smash Apprentice
The first one is simple. Whenever I play versus, the AI sometimes will be happy to try to run off the edge of the level (especially on a stage like Fourside or Jungle Japes) and will sometimes just kill themselves for little to no provocation.
Literally quoted from within the first post of "just a few A.I. fails", which I will admit is a bit wordy, but regardless of that, about ten post later...

Please fix ******** suicidal CPUs pls.
So yeah... just post your AI complaints there.

bleyva

Smash Ace
Umm, I'm pretty sure there's only like 1 or 2 dudes working on CPUs....slow down with these crazy complaints

KFrosty

Smash Apprentice
Umm, I'm pretty sure there's only like 1 or 2 dudes working on CPUs....slow down with these crazy complaints
I love the game these guys have been making, and if shoddy AI is the worst this game has to offer, then it's ok in my book. Especially since you just know that eventually they will get it patched.

I only mentioned it because this is a bug reporting board, and AI randomly killing itself constitutes as such.

jtm94

Smash Lord
CPU complaints shouldn't be taken all that serious, here is what I put in the other thread.(they should probably merge tbh)

I do agree the level of the CPU is negligible most of the time unless under 3. They just have spurts of level 20 CPU then stop... The only things I wish the CPU didn't do is 1. airdodge ever. They airdodge if you apply ANY pressure towards them offstage and they SD. Maybe if there's a way to code wavedashing, but keep airdodge off somehow. And 2. Any time I just sit on a ledge the CPU will attack approximately once or twice, then try to hit me with their UpB.... Why the UpB? They just SD off the ledge. Lastly, they don't fully utilize their recovery like they did in 2.6b. Mario would cape, Marth side b etc.

I will say that onstage the CPUs of all caliber have some really impressive aggression/pressure, but they can't act well when offstage.

MikeMan214

Smash Apprentice
Yeah the AI mainly kills themselves because they think that it is the brawl air-dodge not melee's. Hopefully there is a way that it can be fixed.

Top Bottom