• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could stone be more than stone?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Well, you know, in melee, Kirby's stone ability gained the ability to take on many forms. I guess my question is, if this continues into brawl, what do you think the odds are that these different forms will have differnt properties?

-The stone is, of course, the basic one.
-That effeminate, pink brick is wider... it should have a larger hitbox
-The spikeball, that should do a lot of damage... and it should either roll, or get stuck when it lands.... sliding doesn't make sense for that.
-The weight... well that seems pretty smooth... it should slide quite quickly

They could have a transformation with a different fall speed too.

Well I mean it's just an idea... somehow I doubt it would happen... I think they'd opt for predictablity for this move. Still it would be cool

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
^I agree w/ your idea. If you become a spike ball, if anyone touches you, they get hurt! + rolling is cool, well in melee, the rock did slide on slant land.
Some ideas for other stone transformations:
-Halberd, yes, metaknights ship, full size!!! Just crash down, instant death, like peaches death turnip.
-Flaming meteor
-Bouncy ball!
-Pillow? <-- Goldeen of Kirby's Stones, your screwed.

O I have a great idea for Stone!!!!
-You become stone kirby!!! meaning you are invincible but, still take half damage, can't use B moves, only A moves very slowly, and fall down very fast if you get knocked down somehow. (This is just like the Metal box item)

i like this idea... also maybe randomly kirby could yell "Stone Kirby!", randomly so that the enemy doesn't always know what you're gonna do

Also here are some random shapes he could turn into:

- One of his friends like in kirby 64 when you combine cutter and rock
- a metal kirby
- a statue of bowser
- an ice scultpure

IllidR

Smash Champion
I really wish Kirby got one of his stone forms from one of his really old games, he turned into a stone sculpture, it'd be great if it was in Brawl.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
kirby would be beastly if he had some moves from kirby 64.
like the exploding throwing star, that crazy lightning sword or you know. those were the bombdiggity

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
yeah... Kirby 64 was da roxors....

Kirby needs something to make him more usable

kirbystar

Smash Rookie
I love Kirby 64's abilities, especially Electric-Cutter (double-sided beam sword) and Bomb-Cutter (exploding ninja stars).

Back on topic, I agree that stone's different forms should have slight alterations. I would love to see the spike ball actually, you know, spike. :chuckle:

shinzou

Smash Cadet
I liked electric+fire, he sets himself on fire :p

anyways, I think they should just leave stone as it is, because changing it would be kinda weird, weird like game and watches hammer. I personally wouldn't want to risk taking myself out using stone... so I think even if there are different stone abilities, they should all do the same thing...

btw, I don't think it's likely, in one of the subspace emissary videos, kirby vs. mario, kirby uses stone and turns into a normal stone.... and the likelyhood of transforming into the normal kirby stone woujld be as much as transforming into anything else... so if it was ACTUAL gaming foootage, wouldn't it more than likely have turned into a spike ball or something else...

eh whatever :p

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
I want the Whamp stine to return, (the blue rock with a face from super mario 64). If thats not its name then sorry im not sure what it's called. Anyways also maybe something special that we could never think of in 1000 years but when we see it we will all be AHHH why didn't i think of that.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
welll. it wouldn't be as extreme as GW's hammer... the move would be roughly the same each time... just slightly different properties

Top Bottom