• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could Kirby maybe suck in projectiles?

heety9

Smash Journeyman

Okay, I may be TOTALLY wrong about this. In the picture, Kirby and Samus as on the bottom floor. Samus is charging her beam, and Kirby is sucking! Could Kirby be trying to suck the beam when Samus fires it?!

Discuss...

Fossilized Ursidae

Smash Apprentice
Maybe, but I think that Kirby should only be able to suck up opponnets and small enemies, while Dedede can suck up opponnets, items, projectiles, and some enemies.

There probably isn't anything hidden in the update, Sakurai is just showing us what kirby's suck looks like just in case we didn't know.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Maybe, but I think that Kirby should only be able to suck up opponnets and small enemies, while Dedede can suck up opponnets, items, projectiles, and some enemies.

There probably isn't anything hidden in the update, Sakurai is just showing us what kirby's suck looks like just in case we didn't know.
I agree, Kirby should be able to suck up and copy opponents and SSE enemies possibly and Dedede should suck up everything and w/ a larger range b/c he can't copy.

Sakurai is always playing w/ us every update >.< hes never clear and hidden messages and such. Good find though, i didn't notice it.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
i think he should b able to inhale bombs and get maybe a minor version of crash kirby (AKA coolest thing ever) or inhale certain ATs.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I always thought his final smash should've been Crash Kirby... The original Crash Kirby, where he flies all over the screen hitting every opponent, mostly because I've never seen the Cook power, only heard about it.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
I think that the picture you're using is a horribly weak excuse to make the connection that kirby can eat projectiles. I think it's just a picture where Kirby happened to be suckin' and Samus happened to be chargin'

HOWEVER, I do think it's very likely that Kirby will be able to eat projectiles. I think it'd be a bit odd if Wario could eat projectiles and Kirby couldn't.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
I agree, Kirby should be able to suck up and copy opponents and SSE enemies possibly and Dedede should suck up everything and w/ a larger range b/c he can't copy.

Sakurai is always playing w/ us every update >.< hes never clear and hidden messages and such. Good find though, i didn't notice it.

Honestly, this would have never made sense if it wasnt in Brawl.

Seriously.

Kirby sucks up EVERYTHING. It would make sense to suck up projectiles to shoot out for stars.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I think that the picture you're using is a horribly weak excuse to make the connection that kirby can eat projectiles. I think it's just a picture where Kirby happened to be suckin' and Samus happened to be chargin'

HOWEVER, I do think it's very likely that Kirby will be able to eat projectiles. I think it'd be a bit odd if Wario could eat projectiles and Kirby couldn't.

Wait... I'm probably just behind, but when did Wario eat a projectile?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I think Sakurai doesn't just take random pictures. It is possible that Kirby could just be using his Neutral Special at the same time Samus is using her Neutral Special, but it'd classify that as "notable" at least.

And why would Dedede be able to swallow more things than Kirby? Kirby can suck up practically anything! We'll have to wait to find out in Brawl just how limited he is, though.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Sakurai even says on Kirby's page that he can suck up anything. So since Wario can eat projectiles, it wouldnt be a surprise if Kirby (and probably Dedede) could too...

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
Wario ate Snake's grenade in Snake's intro vid, for those of you who are wondering where that came from.

I hope Kirby can suck in projectiles. Then spit it back out as a star. Would be a nice buff for him, and make the Inhale/Spit much more convenient than trying to inhale an enemy and spit them at another. It'd be a nice new way of "deflecting" projectiles, too.

Dedede probably could do the same.

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
because thats on topic.
and so is that.A

I think that sucking up a laser seems kinda dumb (You're swallowing energy. How do you swallow energy?) but solid/matter-based projectiles is a great idea. Sucking up Samus's missle and shooting it back at high speed FTW. On a a slightly related note, do you tihnk Kirby's size should change depending on waht he's got in his mouth, ala kirbycide? I think he should be bigger if he's chewing on Bowser than if he's got Pikachu in his mouth.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Kirby can't really swallow energy-based attacks (like lasers), but he's been swallowing solid projectiles for a while now. And he doesn't shoot the projectile back (as in your example of Samus Missiles); he shoots stars out.

He wouldn't get bigger based on who he swallowed because his victim shrinks down as he gets vacuumed into Kirby's mouth.

Snake King 1

Smash Apprentice
Checking every character for weaknesses, for &quot
Kirby can't really swallow energy-based attacks (like lasers), but he's been swallowing solid projectiles for a while now. And he doesn't shoot the projectile back (as in your example of Samus Missiles); he shoots stars out.

He wouldn't get bigger based on who he swallowed because his victim shrinks down as he gets vacuumed into Kirby's mouth.
he's right for both answers shooting out stars is a given, and it(the star kirby's shooting) would bigger if the damage was higher (an idea i made for brawl)

p.s. kirby has a special body that allows him to keep his body small if he wants
:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

Drake3

Smash Ace
That would be such a great buff. Sucking up random physical objects and spitting out stars would give him a deflecting and projectile move in one. It would also be more in character with what Kirby can actually do.

KindKing

Smash Cadet
I think if Kirby is able to suck up projectiles it would be more based on the anime. If any of you ever watched Kirby: Right Back At Ya!, there is an episode where Meta Knight throws a shurikan looking thing at Kirby and he sucks it up. He then changes into a warrior Kirby thing. Has anyone see n this?

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
I don't think they'll incorperate anime elements into Brawl. Besides, that would require a whole bunch of new Kirby hats and abilities, unless you just gained the powers of whoever fired the projectile at you.

Much easier, and more in line with the games, to allow Kirby to suck in items and projectiles (either certain ones or all of them) and then fire out stars.

gameredman

Smash Rookie
I don't think they'll incorperate anime elements into Brawl. Besides, that would require a whole bunch of new Kirby hats and abilities, unless you just gained the powers of whoever fired the projectile at you.

Much easier, and more in line with the games, to allow Kirby to suck in items and projectiles (either certain ones or all of them) and then fire out stars.
More items= biger star?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Lol at copying samus's charge beam. Plasma Kirby!!!!!
I think that inhaling different things should change some of Kirby's general moves.I honestly think that this is why they excluded Kirby from the E4all demo. They're trying to work SOMETHING out. They've gotta....

Charge shots- Plasma Kirby. This is similiar to Wario Waft in that, the longer Kirby goes without using it, the more powerful it gets. BUT the thing that branches this off is that the more Kirby moves around on the ground, representing him charging static. Dash-dancing charges this up hella quickly.

Any Flame related projectile/inhale Superspicy Curry- Fire Kirby. This makes Kirby's Dash Attack better(athough it should already be buffed), making it hit multiple times and send them on a vert trajectory for the final hit. Also gives him Flame breath/Fireballs. Tapping/holding would dictate whether you get Flame or Ball.

Any Ice-related projectile/inhale Freezie- Ice Kirby. Kirby generates that Ice sheild-like thingy. It could be like an Ice version of Mach Tornado.

Any Lightning Ability- Spark Kirby. Thunder skin on MAch Tornado?

I'll add more later. I've gotta go to work. But It's nice to get the boards thinking about stuff.

Chepe

Smash Lord
A new magazine in Europe apparently states that Kirby can suck in different objects/elements on the stage...

But yeah, I can see Kirby being able to suck in projectiles now, at least the physical ones (ones not absorbed by PSI Magnet). I wouldnt count on sucking in stuff like Bowser's flamebreath or Samus' charge shot, anything energy-like. But missiles, boomerangs, turnips, those kinda things seem really solid and appropriate for holding in his mouth.

But no Kirby abilities please... that would be overkill and gimmicky. Keep it with characters providing abilities, and treat all other absorbable things as generic enemies from Melee's adventure mode - swallow for nothing, spit as a star...

saratos

Smash Apprentice
Samus is charging her beam, and Kirby is sucking! Could Kirby be trying to suck the beam when Samus fires it?!

Discuss...
Tehe..

sorry. I just hope he can mix powers and stuffs, like in the actual games.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Probably it'll be too complex if he could mix things...... (Falco + PK Fire = **** Good Bird Meat, yes that was a joke no offense)

I think he'd be able to suck up characters and become that form. He'll be able to suck up projectiles except for energy and absorb no energy and when shooting, shoots "more" stars not larger ones. Kirby can only suck for a moment (What a bad pun?). In newer Kirby games, if you inhale too long, Kirby gets tired and pants a little then you can start sucking again (What's with the punning....?).

Just a thought though....

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
Kirby should definitly be able to suck up projectiles and thrown items. Then gets shoot them out as a star, and if swalows them it will just be a null. (Exceptions for things, like Fox's laser)
It would definitly be cool if they did, and it would give Kirby a new kind of reflector/counter that some character have. Plus, it would be more faithful to his character.
I'm getting my hopes up for this, but that idea definitly gets my vote. Anyways, Kirby will be great regardless.:p

Go Kirby!!

shinzou

Smash Cadet
He might be able to suck projectiles, but i doubt he'd get a copy ability from it.... it would make kirby a troublesome opponent if he did get the copy power....

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. Thats the point. He is supposed to be a troublesome opponent, not just some pink ball who's copy powers suck...

gsaran

Smash Cadet
It would be cool if Kirby could turn into beam kirby and wear the jester hat when he swallows king dedede's beam waddle dee that would be dope.

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
Although that picture doesn't really prove anything, it does seem kind of suspicious because it looks like kirby's just waiting for someone to shoot at him so probably

Top Bottom