• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corrin's ledge option coverage

pokemonspecial

Smash Rookie
Okay I don't really see people talking about this too much, but Corrin has the capacity to cover so many options at one time when the opponent is on the ledge. Corrin's Fsmash has a special property in which charging the smash attack puts out a constant hitbox that can link into Corrin's Fsmash. I don't completely know if my thinking it right but if you charge the Fsmash in the position in which the opponent will roll it will cover both roll on stage, ledge attack, ledge jump (not super sure on this), stay on ledge, and normal get up if you react and time your attack correctly. I feel that his Fsmash property is going to be very key tool in Corrin's overall kit.

Last edited:

Merfect

Learn your true self
NNID
Merfectman
I agree. Another similar use of Fsmash is when your opponent is hanging from the ledge, you can run up to the edge and start charging an Fsmash while facing towards the stage. If your opponent does a normal getup or a ledge hop, they'll get caught in the Fsmash charge. If they ledge roll, you can react and punish with a tipper Fsmash. Gotta love option coverage.

Last edited:

pokemonspecial

Smash Rookie
I agree. Another similar use of Fsmash is when your opponent is hanging from the ledge, you can run up to the edge and start charging an Fsmash while facing towards the stage. If your opponent does a normal getup or a ledge hop, they'll get caught in the Fsmash charge. If they ledge roll, you can react and punish with a tipper Fsmash. Gotta love option coverage.
Interesting, but that one is little riskier since the opponent could just wait on the ledge and punish you.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Or they can stay on the ledge, wait for you to Fsmash, and then punish accordingly. Or they could maybe even ledge attack you.

Last edited:

Racer07

Smash Cadet
NNID
MisterSeven
3DS FC
3797-7378-1855
Yeah, practically nowhere to go in that situation. Won't going down and then hopping back up be the only way to counter this, though?

Merfect

Learn your true self
NNID
Merfectman
Yeah, it's risky, but still worth noting. Opponent could just ledge attack or even perform an aerial. But if your opponent is feeling too comfortable with say ledge getup or ledge hop, this is a simple solution to cover both of those easily and cover a roll.

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's risky, but still worth noting. Opponent could just ledge attack or even perform an aerial. But if your opponent is feeling too comfortable with say ledge getup or ledge hop, this is a simple solution to cover both of those easily and cover a roll.
You could probably just get up attack
Or they could...you know...wait the smash out?
From what I'm getting, the opponent's on the ledge or getting there when you go to the end of the stage and begin charging the smash. What's stopping them from letting you Fsmash and punishing the endlag?

pokemonspecial

Smash Rookie
From what I'm getting, the opponent's on the ledge or getting there when you go to the end of the stage and begin charging the smash. What's stopping them from letting you Fsmash and punishing the endlag?
It probably depends on the length of the character's roll get up but the Fsmash2 can reach the ledge from where you are standing. Its basically a mix up. You wait on ledge too long and get hit by the Fsmash2 or you neutral get up before you ledge invincibility wears off and risk getting hit when you get up.

oh and the get up attack reply was incorrect. I thought he referred to the other person's reply

Last edited:

Merfect

Learn your true self
NNID
Merfectman
Pressure to get back stage control, not wanting to risk getting hit while hanging from the ledge. It's just a mixup, calm down. You'd only really use this if momentum is in your favor. I'm not saying this is something to be used all the time.

Benoas

Smash Cadet
It's also fairly easy to hit them off stage with dragon lunge before they are able to snap to the ledge due to the huge range and low angle. It also has really great kill power especially off stage

Lazlo_Bananas

Smash Cadet
Another option is for high recoveries you can grab ledge, drop down, double jump then stick to the stage with Dragon Lunge. After that you can wait out for the opponent to either recover really high by using the jump into a bair/uair. Or you can "lunge" backwards and hit them/kill them and recover safely back with upb

Top Bottom