• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congrats everybody, we now have as many characters as Brawl had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Rosalina & Luma
6. Donkey Kong
7. Diddy Kong
8. Yoshi
9. Link
10. Zelda
11. Sheik
12. Toon Link
13. Samus
14. Zero Suit Samus
15. Pit
16. Palutena
17. Villager
18. Little Mac
19. Kirby
20. Meta Knight
21. King Dedede
22. Olimar
23. Wii Fit Trainer
24. Fox
25. Captain Falcon
26. Pikachu
27. Charizard
28. Greninja
29. Lucario
30. Marth
31. Ike
32. Lucina
33. Robin
34. Sonic
35. Mega Man
36. Pac-Man
37. Mii Brawler
38. Mii Sword Fighter
39. Mii Gunner

:colorful:Lets celebrate this accomplishment:colorful:
:4bowser::4zss::4falcon::4zelda::4charizard::4yoshi::4dedede::4wiifit::4diddy::4villager::4dk::4tlink::4fox::4sonic::4greninja::4sheik::4kirby::4samus::4myfriends:
:rosalina::4robinf::4littlemac::4robinm::4link::4pit::4lucario::4pikachu::4lucina::4peach::4luigi::4pacman::4mario::4palutena::4marth::4olimar::4megaman::4mii::4metaknight:

How does this accomplishment make you feel?
Discuss!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
In before someone claims these are all the characters we're getting because we couldn't possibly top Brawl's simply titanic amount of characters.

I think I've already seen someone say we'd only get like 2 or 3 more for an even 40. (Even though it...isn't an even 40. Sigh.)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
In before someone claims these are all the characters we're getting because we couldn't possibly top Brawl's simply titanic amount of characters.

I think I've already seen someone say we'd only get like 2 or 3 more for an even 40. (Even though it...isn't an even 40. Sigh.)
Some people like to take that "we're reaching the limit of what's feasible" statement a little too literally. Even though it's obvious at this point that we're going to exceed 40 characters, and perhaps even 50.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Some people like to take that "we're reaching the limit of what's feasible" statement a little too literally. Even though it's obvious at this point that we're going to exceed 40 characters, and perhaps even 50.
How many vets (That aren't Snake or PT) are we missing? :ganondorf: :falco: :wolf: :jigglypuff: :rob::warioc::lucas::ness2::gw::popo: right?

Then if we get maybe 3 more newcomer trailers, give or take another couple last minute "Lucinas", we'd have....

Edit: Oh, and include :mewtwopm: because I feel like it.

So 11 vets, one two more clones and three newcomers = 16. 37+16. =....53? That sounds right.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
How many vets (That aren't Snake or PT) are we missing? :ganondorf: :falco: :wolf: :jigglypuff: :rob::warioc::lucas::ness2::gw::popo: right?

Then if we get maybe 3 more newcomer trailers, give or take another couple last minute "Lucinas", we'd have....
Well, if all those veterans returned, and we got three more newcomers, we'd get exactly 52 characters (50 if you don't count the multiple Mii Fighters).

Now, assuming the absolute worst case scenario (which won't happen) where only six of those veterans return (cutting one Star Fox character, R.O.B, Lucas, and Ice Climbers) and we only get one newcomer, that would still put us at 46 characters.

So I think we can safely conclude that we'll be getting far more than 40 characters, and could very easily go over 50 characters.

AkashicSword

Yokai
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Rosalina & Luma
6. Donkey Kong
7. Diddy Kong
8. Yoshi
9. Link
10. Zelda
11. Sheik
12. Toon Link
13. Samus
14. Zero Suit Samus
15. Pit
16. Palutena
17. Villager
18. Little Mac
19. Kirby
20. Meta Knight
21. King Dedede
22. Olimar
23. Wii Fit Trainer
24. Fox
25. Captain Falcon
26. Pikachu
27. Charizard
28. Greninja
29. Lucario
30. Marth
31. Ike
32. Lucina
33. Robin
34. Sonic
35. Mega Man
36. Pac-Man
37. Mii Brawler
38. Mii Sword Fighter
39. Mii Gunner

:colorful:Lets celebrate this accomplishment:colorful:
:4bowser::4zss::4falcon::4zelda::4charizard::4yoshi::4dedede::4wiifit::4diddy::4villager::4dk::4tlink::4fox::4sonic::4greninja::4sheik::4kirby::4samus::4myfriends:
:rosalina::4robinf::4littlemac::4robinm::4link::4pit::4lucario::4pikachu::4lucina::4peach::4luigi::4pacman::4mario::4palutena::4marth::4olimar::4megaman::4mii::4metaknight:

How does this accomplishment make you feel?
Discuss!
WOOT! Now to reach new heights.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

So 11 vets, one two more clones and three newcomers = 16. 37+16. =....53? That sounds right.
But we also couldn't just assume every one of those vets will make it. Lucas is in limbo, Falco or Wolf might get cut due to Star Fox being on the downswing when the roster was decided, Jigglypuff might've been considered irrelevant nowadays and left off, and there's still the chance they never solved that problem they were having with the Ice Climbers. We could have anywhere from 1-4 of them cut, which could leave room for even more hidden newcomers.

Remember, Brawl had four of them...even though two were half-clones...

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706

Man, I just praying to God that :ganondorf:&:falco: will come back as soon as possible! And once they're back, I'll have no worries. :smirk:

Last edited:

AkashicSword

Yokai
But we also couldn't just assume every one of those vets will make it. Lucas is in limbo, Falco or Wolf might get cut due to Star Fox being on the downswing when the roster was decided, Jigglypuff might've been considered irrelevant nowadays and left off, and there's still the chance they never solved that problem they were having with the Ice Climbers. We could have anywhere from 1-4 of them cut, which could leave room for even more hidden newcomers.

I feel the irrelevance argument for Jiggs is, well, irrelevant considering her status as a series mainstay. If relevancy was the issue, she would not have appeared in Brawl.

I feel Falco is safe, double vets are pretty likely to return. I'm sure IC's will be back, although I won't riot if they don't. Wario is probably fine. G&W and Ganondorf are more than likely sticking around. Ness is super safe.

Wolf, Lucas, and ROB are all in limbo. I wouldn't be surprised if they returned, but the same goes for if they are de-confirmed.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

That's true, but I'm speaking in terms of keeping as many characters as possible. Best case scenario, if you will. I personally think if Sakurai wanted to bring back Tink, Ike, Lucario, etc., he'd do his best to bring back Jiggs, Wolf and Lucas. But yeah, only time will tell.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl

Now, remove one vet (Mewtwo), one clone, and one newcomer and it's more likely.

No offense to any Mewtwo fans, I have no hate for him, I just don't ever expect cut characters to return. (You better prove me wrong, Sakurai!)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Makes me pretty happy to see how far the Smash series has gone. In each installment, I sort of wonder how they'll top themselves when it comes to the roster. And each game, they do it. And you know that there's bound to at least be a few more characters waiting to be shown off. I'm looking forward to seeing Ganondorf and Wario the most, when it comes to older characters.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
No offense to any Mewtwo fans, I have no hate for him, I just don't ever expect cut characters to return. (You better prove me wrong, Sakurai!)
It's possible that he may not want to bring back cut characters. However, a lot of cuts are not something that are desired. Mewtwo had quite a bit of development put into him before he was cut from Brawl, so him being cut was likely something that had to happen because of time constraints rather than something that they wanted to happen. And if they didn't want to cut Mewtwo, I don't think that Sakurai would think "well, it's a real shame we had to cut Mewtwo from Brawl, but now that I cut him once, there's absolutely no way I could ever bring him back."

I don't think Mewtwo's status as a cut character would prevent Sakurai from bringing him back, especially if he really was "thinking about it."

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I assuming that we getting ice climbers,Ness,Jigglypuff,Wario,ganondorf,Mr.g&w.They seem like sure bets.Then through in falco or wolf(i think both are in but i digress).Then 4-5 newcomers.That's about 46.I personally have my own roster(click my tags).However i think 40-55 is a good number for a smash roster

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So how many new character do you think we'll see from here on out? Chances are we'll still see many iconic veteran characters like Wario, Ganon, Falco and the like. But we don't exactly know what to expect with new faces. But if I had guess, we'd get like another 4 or 5 new characters.

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
So how many new character do you think we'll see from here on out? Chances are we'll still see many iconic veteran characters like Wario, Ganon, Falco and the like. But we don't exactly know what to expect with new faces. But if I had guess, we'd get like another 4 or 5 new characters.
I'm actually pretty satisfied with the current roster. But if I were to extend it a bit more, I hope for Isaac, Waddle Dee, and Claus.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I personally think the only veterans in any danger are Lucas, Wolf, Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur. MAYBE Ice Climbers but I really doubt it. R.O.B. especially I think will be back.

Anyway, yay for 39! I expect to see Ice Climbers, maybe Wario, Ness or Lucas before launch.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
It's possible that he may not want to bring back cut characters. However, a lot of cuts are not something that are desired. Mewtwo had quite a bit of development put into him before he was cut from Brawl, so him being cut was likely something that had to happen because of time constraints rather than something that they wanted to happen. And if they didn't want to cut Mewtwo, I don't think that Sakurai would think "well, it's a real shame we had to cut Mewtwo from Brawl, but now that I cut him once, there's absolutely no way I could ever bring him back."

I don't think Mewtwo's status as a cut character would prevent Sakurai from bringing him back, especially if he really was "thinking about it."
Wait, Mewtwo was going to be in Brawl?

wat

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
...You should probably do a little more research before making the claim that a character won't be in the game.
He's still pretty much "cut", as he hasn't returned to the games. For all we know, Pichu could have been cut due to time constraints, too. Mewtwo just has more proof, lol.

I still don't think any character that was removed from previous installments isn't going to return.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
why do you guys think wolf is in danger? sakurai never said he is in danger of getting cut they would not even have to do that much work on him maybe they are waiting after the game is released to reveal him like they do every smash I am just tired of people putting wolf under the axe when they don't know for certain he is gone

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I vaguely remember Sakurai saying that a 50-character roster would be ideal for SSB4, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's what we're getting.

The only veterans that I'm absolutely sure will make a comeback are Wario, Ice Climbers, Ganondorf, Mr. Game & Watch, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Wolf, and R.O.B. I'm not so sure on Lucas, and Snake, Ivysaur, and Squirtle are most likely cut.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I don't think Wolf is in much danger, I would probably rate him 90%, I just don't consider him a Guarantee.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I still can't believe anyone thought we'd be getting less.

This forum sometimes, I swear...
I think people thought since Sakurai said something about not being able to have a big roster because of the 3DS we would only get around 30. Sakurai was probly trolling(what a shock), and we will most likely get around 50.:joyful:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
why do you guys think wolf is in danger? sakurai never said he is in danger of getting cut they would not even have to do that much work on him maybe they are waiting after the game is released to reveal him like they do every smash I am just tired of people putting wolf under the axe when they don't know for certain he is gone
This. Sakurai wanted Wolf since Melee and would've been in Melee if he didn't decide to add Falco instead due to Wolf looking like Fox with an eye patch.

About the roster, don't we actually have 41 characters if we count Luma?

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

53? If that is the case then All-Star Mode will be a huge pain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom