• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confused about SalRomano leak- and you should be too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I'm kind of confused. I thought that the Gematsu leaks were emailed to the owner of Gematsu. Why is it being posted through smashboards? Can someone explain how it is known that the person behind the salromano account is the owner of Gematsu?

The reason for my questioning is if Shulk is not announced tomorrow then people would see the Gematsu leak as disproven. This could be a possible motive for a fake who dislikes Shulk or other characters in the Gematsu leak.

Also, after a look at the account's posts, the only other prediction made through smashboards is the one saying Lucas is 'probably' out (which is a little weird because you would have thought that these decisions would have been made a long time ago).

Anyways, if the connection between the account and the head of gematsu has been proven, please forgive my lack of knowledge... However, if the connection has not been proven, that's a major issue.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
This definitely didn't need it's own topic, though it is a good point.

However, consider that nobody would be taking later posts by that account seriously if some sort of connection had not been established.

Hong

The Strongest
One of the moderators verified the account's integrity, if I am not mistaken.

To answer your question, Sal Romano is the admin of Gematsu, and he posts on SmashBoards with the account with the leaked information. It's not supposed to be a secret, since his position is listed on the website itself. As for why this latest leak wouldn't be on the website, probably because it's the next day, anyway. and he wouldn't want to spam the main page of Gematsu.

That said, it would be unfair to leave this thread that more or less has to deal with the Gematsu leak open after we've had to close now multiple threads on the same subject. If you wish to contest this, you are free to message me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom