• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
also i updated the op with info and w/e

i watched dantarion's stream and translated a few things into the op such as base knockback/growth etc

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Ladies and gentleman.

Falco's back.

So good to see Blaster and Down Aerial back to their former glory. Falco is literally about to move up like 10 tier positions at least.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Falco needs to be changed in the OP.

Only grounded lasers were changed. Aerial lazers are the same as before.

Also, fair doesn't combo into itself and hits the enemy at a different angle (higher and further).

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
Falco's spends 32 frames in the air from a short hop, air dodging is 30 frames.
AC must be >32 frames.
Edit: NVM all aerials cancel the same after SH.

Also, fair doesn't combo into itself and hits the enemy at a different angle (higher and further).
You can shoot 2 lasers in a SH now, IIRC you couldn't previously.

Ladies and gentleman.

Falco's back.

So good to see Blaster and Down Aerial back to their former glory. Falco is literally about to move up like 10 tier positions at least.
Dair wasn't changed at all, trust me. It's still awful.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Wait!What?!OK someone tag me and explain this new DI in great detail please!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
"You can shoot 2 lasers in a SH now, IIRC you couldn't previously."

I tested on two consoles side by side and couldn't see a difference. The difference in standing lazer speed was really obvious though.

What falco really needs is some iasa frames on jab; this would launch him into high tier for sure.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
Would anyone be able to test out if Lucina's cooldown on attacks has changed any compared to Marth? As Shaya has mentioned, at least in 1.0.3 when Marth hits with a sourspot he recovers more quickly than if he lands a tipper, whereas Lucina has consistent recovery no matter where she hits equivalent to Marth's tippered hits, and I'm curious as to whether this is different or not.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Edit: NVM all aerials cancel the same after SH.

You can shoot 2 lasers in a SH now, IIRC you couldn't previously.

Dair wasn't changed at all, trust me. It's still awful.
It definitely was. Significantly faster. Try it out. The difference is huge. Its by no means Brawl fast but I'm landing it now at later points in character's recoveries than before. Its startup is noticeably lower.

Last edited:

David_give

Smash Rookie
I think metaknight's upthrow has been changed, but I don't have an old version to test it. I seem to remember metaknight being right next to the opponent in the air after the throw was finished when the opponent was around 50-60%, allowing for a upthrow to nair combo, but now he always ends up down and to the side.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I took screenshots to summarize the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YyNv2sar24&feature=youtu.be

Nothing

Up

Up Right

Right

Down Right

Down

Down Left

Left

Up Left

Order in terms of horizontal distance:
Up Left~Left<Down Left<Down<Nothing<Down Right<Right<Up Right<Up

General trend:
-Left is better
-Down is better.
-Up is not bad in the case of pressing left, but is bad in the case that you are not. Unless, of course, you want to go high, in which case do up left
-Right is not good all around

Something one person in the video was saying is that he thought jiggly was flying faster when it was tilted up. This makes sense with this launch speed data:
100% Mario VS Motion Sensor Bomb

No input - 172 launch speed
Holding up - 189
Holding down - 158

No input - 172
Holding up - 189
Holding down - 158
So I think it's determined by a combo of things: VI, DI, and launch speed. Launch speed is increased when you hold up and decreased when holding down. Perhaps this was added to decrease the effects of DI. I'm still having trouble figuring out how this all fits together though, and I need to go to bed =].

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
Umm is it just me or can you get pushed off ledges now while in shield ala melee/brawl? I've had it happen twice now. Dunno how to test with cpus.

Elctric

Smash Rookie
NNID
Elctric
Umm is it just me or can you get pushed off ledges now while in shield ala melee/brawl? I've had it happen twice now. Dunno how to test with cpus.
It has happened to me as well recently, I also want to say that Palutena's speed has been buffed. She feels faster than usual.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
That has been in since day 1. Basically if you're in strong enough shield knockback and you buffer any input while in the shield knockback, you fall of the edge, you can use to mechanic to do aerials or even jumps after taking significant shield knockback.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

Yes, thanks for this I will edit this for clarity.

No, I'm not adding this because this is atypical of moves that get % done buffs or knockback buffs in general.

If that was added for every single change these patch notes would be 8 thousand times longer than it is already.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Ok thanks for checking. I've had someone roll off stage twice in for glory with fsmash as Dedede. Something else must of been going on.
That has been in since day 1. Basically if you're in strong enough shield knockback and you buffer any input while in the shield knockback, you fall of the edge, you can use to mechanic to do aerials or even jumps after taking significant shield knockback.
What he said. It behaves like Brawl or Melee if the push is strong enough.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Vectoring removed??? This is big, people. Can this be 100% confirmed?

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
I found a couple of buffs for Jr that you guys did not list after checking his entire moveset pre and post patch for damage. His jab seems to link more properly (that, or it does more damage. 22% raw on falcon compared to 20 in 1.0.3), and the adjustment to his fair.

Fair's damage doesn't work as simple as a sweetspot/sourspot system, the move just does less damage the longer it was out. In 1.0.3, the weakest hitboxes of the move only did 2% at the end where the autocancel window is. In 1.0.4, the minimum damage fair will hit for is 5%, but the initial hitbox that does the most damage/kb still only hits for 11%. Not all that significant a gameplay change, but late fairs are going to be doing significantly more damage on average.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I found a couple of buffs for Jr that you guys did not list after checking his entire moveset pre and post patch for damage. His jab seems to link more properly (that, or it does more damage. 22% raw on falcon compared to 20 in 1.0.3), and the adjustment to his fair.

Fair's damage doesn't work as simple as a sweetspot/sourspot system, the move just does less damage the longer it was out. In 1.0.3, the weakest hitboxes of the move only did 2% at the end where the autocancel window is. In 1.0.4, the minimum damage fair will hit for is 5%, but the initial hitbox that does the most damage/kb still only hits for 11%. Not all that significant a gameplay change, but late fairs are going to be doing significantly more damage on average.
Jab has defs been changed ignore me i dont think it has actually

fair is the same though

fair in 1.0.3 does 11, 8, 5 with a 2% landing hitbox

it's the same in 1.0.4

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think he was referring to his lateral arte.
Qu'est-ce que c'est? Quel arte? Les bleus, les jaunes, ou les rouges? Je sais que les bleus sont difficiles faire parce qu'ils sont les artes diagonals. Je ne sais pas lequel est latéral. :p

I should totally be reading the French novel for uni. :ohwell:

Last edited:

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
So if anyone remembers what I said about running usmash having issues for me, yeah that was just a circle pad defect, I apologize for wasting anyone's time who tried to test it.

BUT NEW FIND for ROSALINA
Rosalina can't attack with Luma whilst in hitstun anymore. It's not that she can't attack while just being thrown, it's because being thrown has too much hitstun. You can test it with a smart bomb, just shoot Luma out and try to control it. This is screwing me up constantly when I play now.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Calmado chico multilenguajes :p
I have no idea what that means except for "chico"... HAHAHA! I just can't read "chico" without hearing David Hayter. The way he says it is hilarious for some reason. Oh, and "mutilenguajes" means multi-language or multilingual and "calmado" looks like "calm". You get used to seeing words in different languages and "deciphering" them - I could make sense of some German and Italian either by reading or listening, though, it'd be easier with a "romantic" language. I should take Spanish considering the US is close to Mexico and other Spanish-speaking countries in South America like Venezuela and it'd be nice to go and visit Spain. Anyway, I digress.

Anything new? Since the embargo's over, is DACUS possible on the Wii U version? Are the discrepancies between the versions even if they're minor like, Greninja's side tilt does (0.2 E^-12)% less damage.

Edit: So, "calm" "kid" "multilingual". Literal translations... Yay...

Last edited:

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea what that means except for "chico"... HAHAHA! I just can't read "chico" without hearing David Hayter. The way he says it is hilarious for some reason. Oh, and "mutilenguajes" means multi-language or multilingual and "calmado" looks like "calm". You get used to seeing words in different languages and "deciphering" them - I could make sense of some German and Italian either by reading or listening, though, it'd be easier with a "romantic" language. I should take Spanish considering the US is close to Mexico and other Spanish-speaking countries in South America like Venezuela and it'd be nice to go and visit Spain. Anyway, I digress.

Anything new? Since the embargo's over, is DACUS possible on the Wii U version? Are the discrepancies between the versions even if they're minor like, Greninja's side tilt does (0.2 E^-12)% less damage.

Edit: So, "calm" "kid" "multilingual". Literal translations... Yay...
That's nothing, Spanish and French had a lot of words that are alike, a little bit with Italian, but when it comes to english and spanish there's just a few. My dad doesn't speak Spanish so he gets stress when i talk in spanish but he is learning
On topic: So Shulk is buff now right? I hope so I kind i see the changes, I didn't like the Mac changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom