• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Coming Back (maybe) with a Newcomer: Torterra for SSB4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
I'm probably not gonna be as active as before, but whatever. Now that MK8's been released, I may be back for a while. Anyway, Greninja and Charizard have been confirmed, but what if someone fulfilled the grass starter role? I'm talking the 4th gen Continent Pokémon, Torterra!

But how would he fight without arms? Well, here are my ideas: He could use the branches on the tree on his back, or he could use his mouth. The latter would look very awkward, but considering that he already uses Wood Hammer, he could twist the branches on that tree to use as an arm. In fact, his tree is already like a claw. Check this out!

So anyway, here's a moveset for this guy!

B (Absorb): Torterra charges a projectile like Lucario's Aura Sphere, except it heals Torterra half the damage it takes away.
Side B (Leaf Storm): Torterra sends a flurry of weak leaves from his tree. These fly in the direction he's pointing.
Up B (Wood Hammer): Torterra lunges upwards, his tree doing massive damage and knockback to whoever it touches.
Down B (Withdraw): A different move from Squirtle's. Torterra hides in his shell, making him more damage resistant. However, he cannot do anything and when getting up after the move, he gets up slowly and is very vulnerable.
Final Smash (Earthquake): Torterra causes the stage to shake rapidly, knocking anyone who touches it upwards but not damaging them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom