• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo'ing into RAR Nair, Allowing for Several Death Combos.

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
As most of us know by now, Mewtwo can combo a nair into footstool+disable if Mewtwo and the opponent face each other, while Mewtwo drifts backwards. At pound, Abadango did not combo into RAR Nair, although there are several ways of doing so, and I've never seen discussion of it, so I figured it could be a new concept.
After testing last night, you can combo into RAR nair efficiently with D-tilt, F-air, up air, and even D-air(strict timing).
Here are some examples of some combos with RAR nair:
[VS FOX] D tilt X3>Nair>D-tilt>RAR Nair>Footstool+disable>Falling up air>double Jump up air>fair (KILLS)
[RYU] Fair>D tilt> RAR Nair>Footstool+disable>Fair>Fair>Rising up air>Fair(KILLS)
there are death combos i found on other weight classes too. will update later.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
As most of us know by now, Mewtwo can combo a nair into footstool+disable if Mewtwo and the opponent face each other, while Mewtwo drifts backwards. At pound, Abadango did not combo into RAR Nair, although there are several ways of doing so, and I've never seen discussion of it, so I figured it could be a new concept.
After testing last night, you can combo into RAR nair efficiently with D-tilt, F-air, up air, and even D-air(strict timing).
Here are some examples of some combos with RAR nair:
[VS FOX] D tilt X3>Nair>D-tilt>RAR Nair>Footstool+disable>Falling up air>double Jump up air>fair (KILLS)
[RYU] Fair>D tilt> RAR Nair>Footstool+disable>Fair>Fair>Rising up air>Fair(KILLS)
there are death combos i found on other weight classes too. will update later.
Hmm this is interesting when I get home I'll have to try these out nice find man :)

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
You think you can find any combos that start off with RAR?

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
You think you can find any combos that start off with RAR?
RAR Nair has the exact same setups as a regular nair IIRC, except for the addition of footstool disable.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
This discussion belongs in either the Metagame thread or combo thread, but no one likes to use the proper place so... Anyways, RAR Nair is a really consistent tool for reasons I outline in the Nair KB guide. It combos into Dtilt and F-D easily and consistently. Did you get the moves to count as true on the counter? Also, I suggest looking at the combo list and finding out what you can string there, as we have 90% of Mewtwo's known combos, or possibly all of his known ones.

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
This discussion belongs in either the Metagame thread or combo thread, but no one likes to use the proper place so... Anyways, RAR Nair is a really consistent tool for reasons I outline in the Nair KB guide. It combos into Dtilt and F-D easily and consistently. Did you get the moves to count as true on the counter? Also, I suggest looking at the combo list and finding out what you can string there, as we have 90% of Mewtwo's known combos, or possibly all of his known ones.
Yes, everything registered. sometimes the nair wouldn't register after d tilt, but i tested that out and saw that there was enough hitstun for that portion of the combo to work. So yeah, everything is true when you don't consider DI.

Last edited:
Top Bottom