• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wait, i didn't catch it....What did he spoil? A new game for Apex? Or is it that Mewtwo would be playable at Apex...
He was under a NDA, he wasn't supposed to reveal that there was going to be an unreleased game playable at Apex, but he accidentally did.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
He was under a NDA, he wasn't supposed to reveal that there was going to be an unreleased game playable at Apex, but he accidentally did.
Oooooh, that makes sense. Lol, who knows what it could be though. I forget, when's Apex again? : 3

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Wow... Something crazy just happened.

I once wondered about an event match where Shulk would have to fight a metal Mega Man and R.O.B, it would be a neat reference to the Mechons he fights in Xenoblade, and thought it would be awesome if real! I was reading random pages on SmashWiki and... this event actually exists. I imagined this event before I was aware it actually was a thing >_> (I still haven't unlocked it yet) only differences are that R.O.B. and Mega Man are not giant, and I didn't imagine Shulk having to beat Metal Face as well.

Also because I'm posting here, I can confirm I'm loving Xenoblade Chronicles for what I played! (I just recruited Melia) And for sure I can say I'm looking for X, with HD graphics that will improve one of my favourite elements of Xenoblade, which are the awesome overworlds which make me want to explore them. Also my fears about the Monado making the game too easy completely worn off ahah

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Looks like I'm here again with a little more information about XCX. Basically, there is praise going around that the assembled voice actors for the game are and have done a perfect job. "The end result, of course, is perfection." Now we know that is being specified towards the Japanese voice-overs, so let us hope that the out-of-region dubs can be on par. . . That said, it looks as if they also plan to update the main website at least once every week, which is sweet. Here's the link.

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Looks like I'm here again with a little more information about XCX. Basically, there is praise going around that the assembled voice actors for the game are and have done a perfect job. "The end result, of course, is perfection." Now we know that is being specified towards the Japanese voice-overs, so let us hope that the out-of-region dubs can be on par. . . That said, it looks as if they also plan to update the main website at least once every week, which is sweet. Here's the link.
I hope they also give the option of switching voice languages.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Hey, Van Damme's voice actor also does Xord and Optimus Prime in Japan. Neat!

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Hey, Van Damme's voice actor also does Xord and Optimus Prime in Japan. Neat!
I freaked out when I saw Xord but then realized that this is the Japanese voice crew :<

Also, is anyone here planning to get a Shulk amiibo? I hope that it does something in Xenoblade X or Xenoblade 3D, that would be really cool.

I changed the title because all this news is getting me hyped for Xenoblade X :D

Also, my avatar is Edea from Bravely Second. She looks AMAZING

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well I know people are going to be disappointed with the dubbing since the humans at least are not going to sport the British accents.

I don't care either way, but people are going to complain about disgusting whitto piggu Engrish and praise GRORIOUS NIPPON MUSTARD RICE because tacos.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Aaah Bravely Second hurry up and come to the West! D:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Bravely Second will likely come out next year. I don't think English translation has begun yet.

Edea is very hype for me personally, I hope Ringabel returns in some form, it'll just feel incomplete without him.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Aaah Bravely Second hurry up and come to the West! D:
... Your post made me realize that I've been eagerly awaiting a game that hasn't been planned for a US localization. I thought it was coming out in April for the USA.

Bravely Second will likely come out next year. I don't think English translation has begun yet.
-__________________-

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Well I know people are going to be disappointed with the dubbing since the humans at least are not going to sport the British accents.

I don't care either way, but people are going to complain about disgusting whitto piggu Engrish and praise GRORIOUS NIPPON MUSTARD RICE because tacos.
We don't know that for sure. For all we know, Nintendo could do us a favor and give us fans the british accents. I mean, they acknowledged Reyn Time as a meme, but i think its possible.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman

Edea is very hype for me personally, I hope Ringabel returns in some form, it'll just feel incomplete without him.
Without him, the game won't have that special feeling, like a Thundaga to the heart. He'll probably return as well, possibly alongside Edea storywise.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Anyone interested in a Monster Hunter 4 special demo code? I have received two of them, but as I am not necessarily a "fan" of the series, I know that I'm not going to use either of them for myself. Again, I only have two, so I unfortunately wouldn't be able to compensate for everyone, but throw me a PM if interested, and I'll basically just give them to the first two I read (Edit: Sent out both. Sorry!).

That out of the way, Bravely Second looks nice. I do wish there was a way they could make it less of a grind due to the abundance of job classes, but. . . Maybe in the future. I'm sure the later chapters will have improved compared to the firsts as well. . . Like the first before it, day one purchase for me.

Edit: I recall the Bravely team stating that they'd like to make it into a growing and ongoing series. . . I can't help but think of future endeavors. As great as Bravely Second appears, imagine (assuming they wouldn't leave Nintendo, and go multi-plat. at 'worst') a Wii U experience? The possibilities, and the art-direction in HD. . . Gosh. I digress, though. . .

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*sigh*
I've been really crappy with Shulk as of late. I mean, he's still my second best character, but I have seen myself struggling with him a lot as of late.
I have been over relying on nair way too much, approaching in particular is done mostly because of nair. I also have a major problem with punishing characters; I get punished before I punish them.

I need help. How can I safely approach with Shulk outside of just starting with Speed and nair? There has to be other alternatives...

Don't approach with Shulk if it's not working. Start spacing instead even with speed activated.

Stay at mid-range

D

Deleted member

Don't approach with Shulk if it's not working. Start spacing instead even with speed activated.

Stay at mid-range
How should I space? With nairs and fairs? At what distance is it safe to space? (I think a gif will be helpful here...)

Can you also tell me how to apply Shulk's Speed pivot grab? I constantly try and I dunno how to properly use it.

How should I space? With nairs and fairs? At what distance is it safe to space? (I think a gif will be helpful here...)

Can you also tell me how to apply Shulk's Speed pivot grab? I constantly try and I dunno how to properly use it.
How to space? I'm about to post it in the meta game thread

soon

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93

You can space with N-Air, but using F-Air in most situations is a more fleshed out option in my opinion. It doesn't just have to be aerials, either. Spacing with retreating F-Tilts and D-Tilts are good options too. Keep in mind that sometimes, it revolves around the way you as a player express your character, too. For example, B-Air is a great poke, but I dont use it as much as I've seen others, because I just play differently. At which distance to space is relative to who you're facing, but if you're asking for an overall answer (i.e. not worrying about damage %'s and whatever), the tip of the Monado would keep you at the safest distance.. . I won't go too in depth, though, since @ Berserker. Berserker. seems to have something coming up.

Edit: It may help if you experience other Shulk's in play as well. I've played SSB (and other fighters) on a fairly elite level for years now, and if there's one thing I've realized is that to truly know your character, you have to have experience against your character as well. Watching videos of a character is one thing, as is learning a character yourself, but if you are foreign to playing against your character on a high-level, you might not understand things that seem to work as well until you're getting hit by it. . . I feel like it broadens your perspective on things, so to speak.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Somehow I still forget swimsuit Shulk is a thing and still giggle like a wee schoolgirl every time I see him.

Of all the alts in the game, I think that's the least expected and most fantastic.

Just a heads-up, this guide is all purely pertaining to buster since the art is all about mid-range or mid-range into close range transitioning anyway

but it will come. Soon enough

Bravely Second hype. Ngggh

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
How to space? I'm about to post it in the meta game thread

soon
I haven't posted here in a while because I've been working on something regarding the buster art so yeah. It'll be posted

soon
Just a heads-up, this guide is all purely pertaining to buster since the art is all about mid-range or mid-range into close range transitioning anyway

but it will come. Soon enough

Bravely Second hype. Ngggh

Edit: Also, I've reverted to listening to Bravely Default over Xenoblade Chronicles. Xenoblade Chronicles the Musical is great, but BD's songs have so many musical nuances due to, in my opinion, better musicians. Some of the songs, while well written and everything, feel like they were put together on an electric keyboard.

Edit2: Although Agniratha... so well written, it doesn't matter that it's being played by an electric keyboard. I love cellos...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You can space with N-Air, but using F-Air in most situations is a more fleshed out option in my opinion. It doesn't just have to be aerials, either. Spacing with retreating F-Tilts and D-Tilts are good options too. Keep in mind that sometimes, it revolves around the way you as a player express your character, too. For example, B-Air is a great poke, but I dont use it as much as I've seen others, because I just play differently. At which distance to space is relative to who you're facing, but if you're asking for an overall answer (i.e. not worrying about damage %'s and whatever), the tip of the Monado would keep you at the safest distance.. . I won't go too in depth, though, since @ Berserker. Berserker. seems to have something coming up.

Edit: It may help if you experience other Shulk's in play as well. I've played SSB (and other fighters) on a fairly elite level for years now, and if there's one thing I've realized is that to truly know your character, you have to have experience against your character as well. Watching videos of a character is one thing, as is learning a character yourself, but if you are foreign to playing against your character on a high-level, you might not understand things that seem to work as well until you're getting hit by it. . . I feel like it broadens your perspective on things, so to speak.
I'll need to practice with spacing fairs more often then. I think that might be a safer option than nair. While nair has the extremely quick auto-cancel and area around Shulk, I think that Shulk's fair might work better for spacing due to the fan shape of it; it gives him more options and freedom in my eyes. I should try to do some retreating/pivot f-tilts, but, again, I have a problem with pivoting in general and applying it to characters. I know how to use it, but I dunno when to use it; I look like an idiot most of the time when I try to apply it.

I do think that I need to fight more players that use my mains. Videos help, but seeing such techniques in action against another player will help even more.
Thanks for the advice!

Last edited by a moderator:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
We don't know that for sure. For all we know, Nintendo could do us a favor and give us fans the british accents. I mean, they acknowledged Reyn Time as a meme, but i think its possible.
Apparently human Americans (specially those from Los Angeles) are British now.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Hello puny Shulks, still clinging to that puny sword that looks like dog genitals?! Bahahahaha!

Top Bottom