• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Here is the relevant portion of the video.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Here is the relevant portion of the video.
Lmao little mac became littler mac. Seriously though, that's quite strange.

I notice there's a weird noise when little mac gets small. I'm going to see if I can recreate it

edit: I can't recreate it, but I think I know the source of this glitch. When you get trapped inside of the pot that the pikmin rebuild, while inside you become mini. You can see this by playing as Shulk, waiting inside it, and then using one of your attacks that reaches out of the pot. Chances are that this effect leaked out somehow. After all, you guys were standing on the pot.

Last edited:

Jje09

Smash Apprentice
Screen will be good =]. Umm I just have to make sure - items were off right?

Trying this right now.

edit: lol it actually looks just like Dunban's when standing still. Doesn't look like Shulk's though :3
Yeah, my bad. I forgot that he holds the monado when he swims

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I just recreated it in practice mode. I had Shulk use his final smash on the person inside of the pot while that person was still inside the pot. He came out all tiny like =]. Yay this is the birth of a new glitch. It lasts forever - I wonder if I can do it continuously.

Oh wait, it goes away when the pot gets destroyed by the crab. I guess it doesn't last forever. Still funny while it lasts though =P

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
This is good info.
I'm linking this to the stage thread.

Last edited:

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
This glitch works with a lot of things, including Shulk's Dthrow on top of the pot. Too bad I won't ever really get to use it because online for fun automatically selects stages =[

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
That's pretty interesting! How does the pot normally work? Shrinking seems like a completely random effect, does the pot shrink you if it's completed with you inside, or something?

Edit:
When you get trapped inside of the pot that the pikmin rebuild, while inside you become mini. You can see this by playing as Shulk, waiting inside it, and then using one of your attacks that reaches out of the pot. Chances are that this effect leaked out somehow. After all, you guys were standing on the pot.
Never mind. I've not played Smash Wii U yet so I had no idea how this stage works. I think I understand what's being said now. I take it that you get trapped inside the pot, the game shrinks the character to be certain they physically fit inside, and go back to normal once it breaks?

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
This character is pretty fun, but I just want to use Buster the whole time. Raw damage with a sword is more enjoyable than becoming a Melee character any day.

Last edited:
This character is pretty fun, but I just want to use Buster the whole time. Raw damage with a sword is more enjoyable than becoming a Melee character any day.
Well if you want to be committed to one art, I guess decisive arts is the art for you because it has the longest duration, you can't swap out of the art and art cooldown is the shortest among the 3 variations. Also, all buffs of each art are increased when using decisive. Default buster multiplies damage dealt by 1.4 but in decisive, it multiplies damage dealt by 1.54

You could do this unless customs are banned in your region

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Hello!

I'm not new in Smashboards, but I've mostly always been a lurker because I joined the forums during the last two year's of Brawl's life. But now that there's a new game and a lot of new people to meet I thought I'd slip in and see if I can talk to any cool peeps :D

So, uh.... nice to meet you!! (And yeah, I'm trying to main Shulk, although I've always mained Zelda too :D)

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Hi there @ Fernosaur Fernosaur ! Welcome to Shulk town! .D
All of us here hope you're really feeling it! :4shulk:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Thanks!! You guys can call me Fern :)

So, I've only owned the game for like 2 days, and I didn't get the 3DS version because of what I thought to be sloppy controllers, but what do you guys personally think of Shulk? I mean I am going through the archive threads and stuff, but is there a specific someone you think is super easy to deal with as Shulk? Or the contrary? :'D

I'm a terrible ice-breaker.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Fatties are piss easy to beat. If it's not Speed or Jump providing the mobilty, it's gonna be Buster and Smash inflicting the pain. Smash attacks in particular are fun to active Vision with, since they can KO'd at low percentages.

As for the opposite situation, I can't think of specifics at the moment. No, not even Diddy, in fact I find that match up piss easy.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Hahahaha ^^^^^^. ^

Tbh I've had troubles with so many characters but mostly cause I know nothing about the new ones, which is most of what I've found in For Glory :(. Zero Suit Samus was ridiculous but I dunno if I went up against her as Shulk or Zelda. If it was the later I'm not really surprised. But yeah I was like "are you fffffff'ing kidding me" when she used down-B and buried me in the ground. Who came up with that?! :'D

Also I'm still having so much trouble controlling the Speed Art, haha. I've always been used to slowish characters like Zelda, Ness and Jiggs so running around like a mofo is super new for me.

Also I'm still having so much trouble controlling the Speed Art, haha. I've always been used to slowish characters like Zelda, Ness and Jiggs so running around like a mofo is super new for me.
Walking is fine with speed because your walk speed also increases

But dashing with speed is what makes it amazing and also short hopping with it. With dash dancing, speed just feels more amazing

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Another thing I'm not really used to do! As a matter of fact I never learned how to dash-dance XD. Never thought it was super necessary.

And then he got exiled~

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Help us pls
Every Diddy player I've faced falls for two basic things, side stepping and Vision. Diddy's main threat is the throws, but if Diddy can't actually throw you then he's a lot more tame. Even if he does throw you and starts using the aerial attacks, you can time Vision to either dodge the attack or inflict damage. Diddy also hates spikes, since his Rocketbarrel Boost has mediocre vertical distance unless fully charged. As for Arts, I mainly stick with Buster actually.

Diddy is one of those cases where preventing the character from doing typical shenanigans is the key to victory.

Then again, I might be missing something crucial, but every Diddy player I've faced falls for it. Whether it's a clueless scrub or a worthy adversary.

Every Diddy player I've faced falls for two basic things, side stepping and Vision. Diddy's main threat is the throws, but if Diddy can't actually throw you then he's a lot more tame. Even if he does throw you and starts using the aerial attacks, you can time Vision to either dodge the attack or inflict damage. Diddy also hates spikes, since his Rocketbarrel Boost has mediocre vertical distance unless fully charged. As for Arts, I mainly stick with Buster actually.

Diddy is one of those cases where preventing the character from doing typical shenanigans is the key to victory.

Then again, I might be missing something crucial, but every Diddy player I've faced falls for it. Whether it's a clueless scrub or a worthy adversary.
So.... the main point is: Don't get grabbed

Alright. I can do that. Buster art, typical buster strategies, don't get grabbed. Thanks for the tip

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So.... the main point is: Don't get grabbed

Alright. I can do that. Buster art, typical buster strategies, don't get grabbed. Thanks for the tip
Especially if your the type of person that is greedy with counters, a savvy player will exploit badly timed counters, especially for Diddy's case.

Last edited:
Especially if your the type of person that is greedy with counters, a savvy player will exploit badly timed counters, especially for Diddy's case.
Eh. I don't really fish for counters. Being too reliant on counter for KO'ing is bad but fishing for counter KO's may be a pretty good option if you're up against a powerful-hitting ******

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
^Yeah!! The other day I killed a Ganon at 40% by countering his f-smash. I thought that was ridiculous, but I did have Smash art on, so who knows!

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I gotta say, Shulk's a pretty good come back character, with Buster anyway. I was fighting this Marth who was really good at tipping, we were both on our last/second stock, he was at 16%, i was at 100%+ or so. So, i realized i only had one chance to turn the tides, and i turned on Buster, which i don't use as often as i probably should nowadays. I went in aggressively, racking up damage really quickly, by the end of it, he was at 80 or so. THen, i just played it smart, dodged and tried being careful, and i managed to land a SIde Smash (buster de-activated) and win.

Buster does sooooooooo much damage it's ridiculous, it's great for coming back from a one sided fight that isn't in your favor.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I really don't think he'll get cut. He's now the "Xeno series" poster-boy now, and unlike Ice Climber, this series has a future.
I don't understand why people think Shulk will get cut in the next game.

The franchise has a future and it has gained a pretty big following (hell, look back at the old thread to see us get ready what we assumed was "Monado Monday"). Nintendo seems to be promoting X as their next big game and, by extension, the Xenoblade franchise as their next big franchise seeing as how Shulk is in Smash and there will be a remake on the New 3DS. Now that the Xenoblade franchise is an established franchise, the series has its foot firmly into Smash. I think that we will get the protagonist of X in the next game alongside Shulk, who at this point will be seen as the Marth of the franchise.

I think that Shulk is here to stay in the Smash franchise. Even if Xenoblade's sales aren't up to Nintendo's standards, the franchise still has a following and I don't think Sakurai would cut Shulk because of failure in sales or anything like that. Keep in mind that he wanted to keep the Ice Climbers; he couldn't keep them because of technical limitations, thus making them low priority because their franchise didn't have a future and eventually cut them. I doubt Shulk will fall in this scenario.
He's not getting cut. lol
Ok guys, i see what you mean. I don't remember why i said that though, but yeah, Shulk's probably safe now, so we can all rest easy.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
So...Have you guys seen this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbl4xLB5J8U

The combo that impressed me the most was the one used on Peach after the beginning segment with Falco, when "One who gets in our way" starts playing. I definitely wanna try using that more.

On a side note, now i know you can counter Sleep (one of Jigglypuff's specials), and i definitely will use that to my advantage.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
So...Have you guys seen this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbl4xLB5J8U

The combo that impressed me the most was the one used on Peach after the beginning segment with Falco, when "One who gets in our way" starts playing. I definitely wanna try using that more.

On a side note, now i know you can counter Sleep (one of Jigglypuff's specials), and i definitely will use that to my advantage.
Yeah I love the three combo videos this guy has made. Also, I knew Buster did increased shield damage but...DANG. What he did at the beginning was ridiculous.
Oh yeah, heres the third combo video he uploaded yesterday ~HD FEELING IT EDITION~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLEehPFpbWk

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
That kinda makes me think Peach is gonna have a really hard time against Shulk? She depends a lot on her floating pressure play, so u-tilt and n-air could really shut some of her options down. Also, light and floaty vs Smash MArt :D

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Just got the only smash bros wiiU version with the gcn adapter. God I feel awful for the rest of the guys behind me...

But hey. It's finally worldwide released, europe goes currently ape... crazy about this, I was offered 100€ for my copy.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Just got the only smash bros wiiU version with the gcn adapter. God I feel awful for the rest of the guys behind me...

But hey. It's finally worldwide released, europe goes currently ape... crazy about this, I was offered 100€ for my copy.
I just looked up how much that is in US dollars and wow... that's crazy. I guess people will do anything for Smash :awesome:
Have fun REALLY FEELING IT with better controls and graphics~ (plus amazing Xenoblade music of course)

Edit: Just found out this is apparently WFT's screen for winning classic mode

??? SHULK X MALE WFT CONFIRMED with a yaoi fangirl staring at them

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I just looked up how much that is in US dollars and wow... that's crazy. I guess people will do anything for Smash :awesome:
Have fun REALLY FEELING IT with better controls and graphics~ (plus amazing Xenoblade music of course)
Thanks! And yeah... smash is pretty popular. Gotta go fast!

D

Deleted member

I was finally able to make it:

The two characters, also among my favorites coming from video games, I've ever wanted to see included in Smash, staring at FD with this Uber-Awesome-BlazBlue-Like remix playing backward, before their great showdown.
My life can very hardly become even more completed.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Question regarding to the last Conquest.

Where the **** did Little Mac come from? I never saw a single Little Mac player, instead I saw a bunch of mediocre Bowser players.

D

Deleted member

Where the **** did Little Mac come from? I never saw a single Little Mac player, instead I saw a bunch of mediocre Bowser players.
I encounter a ton of terrible Little Macs; in fact, I faced three online last night in For Glory.

He'll come out on top as long as people spam with him.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12

If conquest gave 0 points for losing with the character then I doubt Mac would break the 25% mark.

I wonder if Shulk's win rate improved since patch 1.04.....

Nah, back slash was unchanged. They really need to do something about that special. Make it not abusable but usable at the very least

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I'm positive Shulk's winrate has to have improved, short hop fair is so good with less landing lag and I've noticed it's a lot easier to kill since he does more damage now. Kinda annoying tho that we see all the mono-Back Slashing Shulk's online who just picked him up cuz they heard he's good

They should at least make Back Slash as fast as it is in Xenoblade, that still gives people time to react to it but it'd be a lot less situational. Or keep it how it is, but don't have him stay stuck in the animation when using it in air, even though doing back slash from the top of the screen onto an unexpecting opponent is one of the funniest ko's ever. Idk, there's a lot they could do but it's not like Back Slash is something awfully necessary to use, it's best used to read rolls.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Yo I don't believe I actually introduced myself to this social thread. I'm MFR and I mained Shulk since Day 1.

Anyway about Back Slash I usually just forget I even have that when I have Nair, Fair, and the tilts instead XD.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Well its official guys, i'm getting Smash U today! : D I can't wait to play as Shulk....IN HIGH DEFINITIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.

kudos to anyone who gets where i got that reference

Top Bottom