• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin F.

Smash Master
But then again, that brings the issue of characters like Pikachu being able taking on characters like Bowser on an equal footing into light
To be fair, I think Pikachu could take him. Most of the cast vs Sonic, Mewtwo or Ness, though? That's a slaughter waiting to happen.

Last edited:

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
Fire flower Peach.
Shadow Peach (essentially)
Technically each samus suit is a power up so the light suit counts too.
Well I meant like really huge power-ups, but I guess Shadow Peach counts as that, so yeah, my bad >.<

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Fierce Diety Link is too big. :troll:

Also I had originally thought he was going to be Young link's final smash if he had made it into brawl.

Alt costume needs to happen for him.
XD

Do you mean a Young Link costume for Toon Link? If so, I doubt that would ever come to be, since YLink and TLink's hurt boxes are very quite different.

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
To be fair, I think Pikachu could take him. 90% of the cast vs Sonic, Mewtwo or Ness, though? That's a slaughter waiting to happen.
You know, these discussions are the dorkiest stuff and I love them.

It's kinda funny to think that these three are the most OP things in canon as per Brawl. Comparing it to Smash 4, there's a lot of ****ing power scaling going on. Hilariously enough, it seems like Rosalina and Palutena are the two most broken beings overall in any of the four smash rosters at current. Post Uprising Pit, post Radiant Dawn Ike, and (potentially) Shulk are on the next rung up too now.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
To be fair, I think Pikachu could take him. Most of the cast vs Sonic, Mewtwo or Ness, though? That's a slaughter waiting to happen.
Let's not talk about canonical strength.

There's a thread for it and holy **** the ridiculousness is real.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I know, I saw it and posted once to explain how powerful Ness canonically is. I agree, though. We should probably avoid it here.

*Is still gonna PM bksbestbwoy*
I dunno. I feel like m2 could fight on par with Ness. But then again, i've seen Origins and read Adventures....

Mewtwo needs to be tweaked to where he has a giant spoon as his weapon. Make it happen pmbr ;-;

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I dunno. I feel like m2 could fight on par with Ness. But then again, i've seen Origins and read Adventures....

Mewtwo needs to be tweaked to where he has a giant spoon as his weapon. Make it happen pmbr ;-;
Since Mewtwo is in a sense a Pokemon incarnation of Giygas, Ness would likely be able to beat him.

But, Ness does only beat Giygas in a weaker form, so we'd need to assume Ness's power matched Ninten.

F*ck this. I'm done.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Since Mewtwo is in a sense a Pokemon incarnation of Giygas, Ness would likely be able to beat him.

But, Ness does only beat Giygas in a weaker form, so we'd need to assume Ness's power matched Ninten.

F*ck this. I'm done.
They never beat Gigyas though, just kind of drove him off with a song. That Paula sings btw...I dont think he actually dies though.

Also i say m2 could take him because Ness has no offensive psi other thanRockin, and if you look in media other than the normal anime, m2 is EXTREMELY fast along with being a powerhouse.

And has a spoon of asskicking.

Shin F.

Smash Master

F*ck this. I'm done.
Giygas destroyed the entire universe. Mewtwo made a big storm that couldn't drown a trainer riding a water Pokemon. Ness beat a dog made of diamonds to death with his wooden bat and can tank hits from Giygas.

I'll let you guys figure out which one is more impressive, because let's please not talk about this here.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Wait, what? Giygas in his mentally unstable embodiment of pure evil form is weaker than him in an alien state?

Shin F.

Smash Master
What have I done?
Wait, what? Giygas in his mentally unstable embodiment of pure evil form is weaker than him in an alien state?
No, he's not. He's weaker than when he destroyed the universe because they travelled to the past to fight him, but much stronger than his alien form.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I know he's weaker than when he destroyed the universe, but psykid is implying that Ness would need Ninten's strength, when clearly Ness is much stronger.
who tf is giygas

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Pfft. Like i've said before, if something actually comes up it will be discussed. We're pretty good about that.
I was expecting to discuss Project M here, which is a topic I can actually talk about, since I know a decent amount about it. Unlike Earthbound.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I don't think you guys understand how RPGs work.

People can rise up to fight their enemies, regardless of how powerful their enemies are.

The only things they can't do is break their own character. Fire emblem characters may be able to get as strong as Earthbound characters, but they can't beat giygas as far as I know unless they have a priest or someone who can pray. They can get the 8 melodies just the same.

This goes the same for anyone else that challenges that fight.

This also applies for people trying to fight other game enemies with things that technically can't harm them. I.E ness trying to beat ganon with that bat.

Drop the "without X you can't beat me" cliches and a lot of these people would end up being very similar in power.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Um, no thank you.
I wasn't trying to be rude or anything, but the clone engine thread is more about other characters and how they would work in p:m. You seem like you want to just talk about P:m itself, which is why i suggested social thread.
I don't think you guys understand how RPGs work.

People can rise up to fight their enemies, regardless of how powerful their enemies are.

The only things they can't do is break their own character. Fire emblem characters may be able to get as strong as Earthbound characters, but they can't beat giygas as far as I know unless they have a priest or someone who can pray. They can get the 8 melodies just the same.

This goes the same for anyone else that challenges that fight.

This also applies for people trying to fight other game enemies with things that technically can't harm them. I.E ness trying to beat ganon with that bat.

Drop the "without X you can't beat me" cliches and a lot of these people would end up being very similar in power.
I pointed out that Paula was who should actually be considered as the one to "defeat" Gigyas but everyone kind of ignored me...

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
We go on tangents often. Some are pretty pointless. But no worries

As PlateProp said, if you feel like talking Project M bring something up. We'll surely jump in.
I kinda tried that already lol. Didn't end well for me really. And sorry if my editing comments is annoying. :p

I wasn't trying to be rude or anything, but the clone engine thread is more about other characters and how they would work in p:m. You seem like you want to just talk about P:m itself, which is why i suggested social thread.
I mainly wanted to talk about the clone engine though.

Last edited:

Spleenhunter

Smash Cadet
Topic: Is anyone else "worried" that everyone will flock to the new characters, making them overpopulated and thus less fun to play as?

It's probably just me being a hipster with my main character picks, but I don't enjoy playing as characters who everyone uses. Sadly, I think a big reason I stopped playing Marth was because I perceived everyone else to be using him. Although I'm realizing now that its way more fulfilling to be actually good rather than "that guy who mains pichu and does surprisingly well with him". Playing as a strange character just to get attention maybe isn't the best plan.

But my clone character suggestions: these I do not regret. They are beautiful and spawned from my very thoughts, and thusly I hold them dear.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
The Debate Archive is a deep depressing place that lurks in the darkest corner of Smashboards. Having not been updated since 2009, the sub forum is a collection of locked and forgotten arguments from ages ago. Rumor is guys, if you are so annoying on here, Warchamp sends you there.

Forever.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Topic: Is anyone else "worried" that everyone will flock to the new characters, making them overpopulated and thus less fun to play as?

It's probably just me being a hipster with my main character picks, but I don't enjoy playing as characters who everyone uses. Sadly, I think a big reason I stopped playing Marth was because I perceived everyone else to be using him. Although I'm realizing now that its way more fulfilling to be actually good rather than "that guy who mains pichu and does surprisingly well with him". Playing as a strange character just to get attention maybe isn't the best plan.

But my clone character suggestions: these I do not regret. They are beautiful and spawned from my very thoughts, and thusly I hold them dear.
I see what you mean. At first everyone will be excited to try them out especially.

Shin F.

Smash Master

I think it's inevitable, really, but it'll only be for a short while. Then everyone will go back to their mains / favorites.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015

I'm not really worried about that. I'm actually pretty happy that lots of people use Link for example. Goes to show how good he is.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Although I'm realizing now that its way more fulfilling to be actually good rather than "that guy who mains pichu and does surprisingly well with him".
If someone can do surprisingly well with "Insert non top tier character here" They have probably invested some amount of time into playing them to where they can do that well with that character.

Pichu forever second best melee character.

Also @ the original question.

Choose da chars you like.
Mewtwo came out and I was like aww yeah.

Probably the 7th least played still. Tried him out, said he's tight, but not me, moved on.

Roy however......:demon::demon::demon::demon::demon::demon:

Last edited:

Exodo

Smash Ace
Lol. :p
While that's true, there's always turbo mode if you want to see his "true power". But hey, if Jiggs can put up with Ganondorf, why can't Link put up with FDL? Besides, imagine what a "Dark" color swap would look like for Fierce Deity. Pure awesome.
Caus jiggs level is over 9000!!!!:psycho::psycho:
PS: Lets all forget about advance wars and talk about this guy instead..
derp sorry i actually meant this guy!!↓↓↓↓↓
Obviously cloned from ike and can be used as a villian representative for Fire Emblem plus he can use this as an alt costume perfectly
AND he appears both as a trophy ans sticker in smash meaning some important role on the series.. so yeah +1/2 for this guy since all my 1s are used.. as a reference ike can also get his lord outfit as an alt costume (which im expecting to happen anyways) and duke it out just like in the games!! So yeah moveset be based on the games which im not an expert on but im sure if any of the suggestions here are taken to consideration the pmbr will research about them!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom