• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic/All-Star crashes and other issues

Arteen

Smash Lord
Both Classic mode and All-Star mode crash when Yoshi completes it. The system freezes up after finishing the trophy shooting minigame, while attempting to load the victory movie. I've played through both modes with a number of other characters and did not encounter this issue. It only crashed with Yoshi.

On the character selection screen, Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle don't have a visible high score. I understand why Roy and Mewtwo don't have high scores, but the pokemon should all share the Pokemon Trainer's score. This might be a technical limitation to the mod, but it's odd that they wouldn't have a visible score when other paired characters like Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Sheik do.

In All-Star mode, sometimes the Mario characters appear on the Castlevania stage, rather than a stage in the Mario universe. It's a very minor quibble, but it'd be cool if there was an easy fix.

In All-Star mode, Roy appears with Marth's icon and Mewtwo appears with Mario's icon. This might be a limitation of the mod, but if it's possible it'd be neat for both characters to get proper icons. I was surprised to fight them in the first place!

All-Star mode no longer cycles through each of Pokemon Trainer's pokemon. Only Charizard shows up. Sometimes he shows up three times in a row, too.

In both Classic mode and All-Star mode, the character-specific victory movies have all been replaced with the intro cutscene to SSE.

Some events are also a bit weird since the stages they're supposed to be on have been replaced, but there's probably not much the Project M team can do about that.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Both Classic mode and All-Star mode crash when Yoshi completes it. The system freezes up after finishing the trophy shooting minigame, while attempting to load the victory movie. I've played through both modes with a number of other characters and did not encounter this issue. It only crashed with Yoshi.

On the character selection screen, Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle don't have a visible high score. I understand why Roy and Mewtwo don't have high scores, but the pokemon should all share the Pokemon Trainer's score. This might be a technical limitation to the mod, but it's odd that they wouldn't have a visible score when other paired characters like Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Sheik do.

In All-Star mode, sometimes the Mario characters appear on the Castlevania stage, rather than a stage in the Mario universe. It's a very minor quibble, but it'd be cool if there was an easy fix.

In All-Star mode, Roy appears with Marth's icon and Mewtwo appears with Mario's icon. This might be a limitation of the mod, but if it's possible it'd be neat for both characters to get proper icons. I was surprised to fight them in the first place!

All-Star mode no longer cycles through each of Pokemon Trainer's pokemon. Only Charizard shows up. Sometimes he shows up three times in a row, too.

In both Classic mode and All-Star mode, the character-specific victory movies have all been replaced with the intro cutscene to SSE.

Some events are also a bit weird since the stages they're supposed to be on have been replaced, but there's probably not much the Project M team can do about that.
1) that's interesting, I'll keep that in mind next time I fool around with yoshi.

2) I would think it's because Red's Pokemon are so reliant on one another in regular brawl, it's very difficult to play as only one Pokemon for very long and the mechanics go out of its way to make you want to switch...

3) why the Mario character go on the Castlevania stage sometimes is because that location was originally "Luigi's Mansion"

4) I can understand Marth's Icon over Roy, given the method of bringing him in. but I presume since Charizard alone takes over for Pokemon Trainer, there isn't any extra icon besides defaulting to Mario for Mewtwo to use. and yeah, I was surprised, too... though it would be nice if they could bring Squirtle and Ivysaur back into the Pokemon shuffle...

5) my best guess is that since Pokemon Trainer was all three pokemon at once, which allowed him to switch to the next member should one get KOed, having them Separated like they are affects that, it'd be nice if that got fixed, but I won't count on it anytime soon.

6) the victory movies are that way because Mewtwo and Roy don't have one at all. and I'm not even sure if it's possible to make one...

Top Bottom