• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Christmas Special - How to beat noobs with Lucas

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Have you ever gone to a tournament, come up against someone that you're clearly better than and either had way more trouble than you should have or actually gotten beaten because of stupid mistakes and been like "What the hell? I was way better than that guy. He couldn't even perfect shield consistently for God's sake!" Well then this is the thread for you!

Rule #1. Never underestimate a noob. Just because they suck doesn't mean you can't **** it up bad enough to lose a match or even a set because you're ******* around. They might not end up being as bad as you think they are.

Rule #2. Stop being an ******* and just kill him. You're wasting his and your own time by trying flashy **** out just to show off. No one cares. And more than that, a lot of the stuff you're doing probably won't work against better players you'll be playing later on so you're really just screwing yourself up. Practice prediction instead. They're usually very predictable and it's a better way to show off anyhow.

Rule #3. Noob matches are a time to relax. Find an easy way to kill them and do it. Don't over exert yourself.

Noob Killer #1: PK Fire
Just spam it. Noobs generally can't perfect shield consistently. Aim for the top corner of their shield and you'll shield poke with it. Spaced correctly they can't even airdodge or spotdodge it. A stupid number of people will have no idea what to do against this, especially if they don't use a character with good projectiles. Best of all, you get to practice your spacing with PK Fire which you can actually use in later matches against competent players.

Noob Killer #2: Attacking out of shield
Just run up, perfect shield their attack and Nair or Ftilt. Noobs will let you do this over and over and over. It's stupidly easy. Again you can use this in later matches as well (just don't overdo it because better players will be smart enough to start grabbing you rather than just mindlessly attacking you as you approach.)

Noob Killer #3: Spacing Ftilts or Fsmash's
Yea, just walk back and forth and bait their attacks followed by Ftilt and Fsmash punishment. It's degrading and funny. This one is especially fun because it drives your opponent crazy and gives you practice at judging your Fsmash and Ftilt distance as well as judging the distance of your opponent attacks.

You're going to meet lots of noobs at tournaments. Might as well take advantage of them. Just a silly thread for fun.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Irsic

Smash Ace
Merry Christmas, Tyr.

At the last tournament I went to a player I watched a player I had played before get extremely frustrated and lose to a scrubby Snake player. He was playing Captain Falcon, but was clearly better than the Snake player attempting to kinda look a little flashy in doing so, he ended up losing the second two matches after winning the first.

Then he proceeded to beat me. t_t I had nervous hands! (the CF player, except he played Ness vs. me)

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Merry Christmas! ^_^

I didn't know there were noobs at tournies! :D Tournies are where Smash is played at the highest level, I thought. I already have a LOT of noob experience from playing over 2,000 With Anyone matches. Gah, I wish I could go to a tourney......

Aura_Fear

Smash Cadet
At my last tourney, I was up against a Thunder Spammer so I used the Psi Magnet most of the time if I managed to get hit. Then I killed the noob with an upsmash.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Well normally since tournaments are held at places where the population is a lot higher (Ann Arbor is quite close to detroit, let alone the fact that it's already a highly populated city as it is) so local kids seem to just show up whether or not they know much at all.

My friend went up against a Pikachu player who would just continuously spam Thunder as soon as he got my friend anywhere above him. Such a sad day for Pikachu.

Luckily, Anther was at this tournament to redeem him.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
Merry Late Christmas!
I havn't been on lol.
Sometimes when I play noobs I mindgame myself: You should have been able to pull that off....Go for the Usmash, they cant avoid it...

Levitas

the moon
Well normally since tournaments are held at places where the population is a lot higher (Ann Arbor is quite close to detroit, let alone the fact that it's already a highly populated city as it is) so local kids seem to just show up whether or not they know much at all.

My friend went up against a Pikachu player who would just continuously spam Thunder as soon as he got my friend anywhere above him. Such a sad day for Pikachu.

Luckily, Anther was at this tournament to redeem him.
Was this at one of vayseth's deals?

Top Bottom