• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charmander/Bulbasaur/Squirtle Support Thread.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Reasons for being mentioned:
1. They are the orginals.
2. Popularity.

These are the orginals and I think they deserve a spot.

I was also thinking if the pokemon gets really injuried, their attacks strengthen like in ruby/sapphire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Squirtle ( Zenigame)

B-Bubble, (hold to charge) bubbles are blown and damage anyone that makes contact with one.
SideB-Watergun, Squirtle shoots a stream of water for a short distance.
DownB-Ice beam, Squirtle shots a ice beam directly infront of him.
UpB-Squirtle recedes into his shell and does a upward spin, with water coming out of the holes in its shell.

RunningA- Squirtle does a small skull bash that varies depending on how far you ran.

Super smash- Squirtle uses hydro pump on his opponent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charmander (Hitokage)

B-Ember, (hold to charge) Charmander makes a small fire ball and shoots it.
UpB- Charmander throws himself up and does a fire flip attack.
DownB- Flame thrower, Charmander does a fire attack similar to bowers b move.
SideB- Charmander does a spin attack with his tail that makes a fire spin like attack.

RunningA-Charmander does a running dash with its arms held out, with a line of fire
left behind it.

Super Smash-FireBlast, Charmander does a blast of fire in the shape of an X across the screen that hits everyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bulbasaur (Fushigidane)

B- Leach Seed- (hold to charge). Bulbasaur shots several seed, if they make contact they drain the opponents health and heals bulbasaur.
UpB-Bulbasaur does a flip, and turns upside down and shots a solar beam downward in order to travel upwards.
DownB- Vine whip- Bulbasaur attaks with vines straight forward.
SideB-Razor leaf, Bulbasaur shots a few leaves.

RunningA- Bulbasaur makes a leaf shield around itself and strikes the enemy.

Super Smash-SolarBeam or Frenzy plant.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
They were the "Golden Age" of pokemon. They definately deserve a spot just as long as Charmander has Sacred Fire.

Countless threads of Pokemon today....

Biosage X

Smash Apprentice
i wasnt aware left B was a different attack from right B... -.-

too many pokemon threads of late. theres a sticky on searching for a reason *sigh*

Zephyr

Smash Lord
It's not...

These guys are already in Melee through Charizard, Venasaur and Blastoise. I think that's all the publicity they need, plus the trainer->pokemon idea has been around for ages and has been crushed by a person with some semblance of intelligence everytime. Not saying you don't have any, just saying that intelligent people are always the ones who crush these. Plus, 3 more Pokemon? I think the series is overrepresented in Melee anyway, they had the most characters beside the LoZ series.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
The whole trainer to Pokemon idea is a bit too complex for a Smash game. Normally if a character was complex to use, it would be powerful in the hands of a pro, but unfortunately, none of these movesets sound interesting enough. Maybe go a little in-depth, tweak a few moves and maybe then it might sound good.
See my Bulbasaur thread, it's attacks are unique and you can could make many strategies with it.

Top Bottom