• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters that need representation but not playable

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
the title says it all who needs representation but are not quite up for a playability statues
for example I really would like to see Cooking Mama as an assist trophy I did like her micro games on the DS. An assist trophy would be a fine choice to represent her in smash.

bilbo43

Smash Cadet
I think sonic needs representation either as enemies in smash run, assists from shadow, tails and/or knuckles and items. Even though there is enough depth in the series to include them as an original character, sonic alone is fair as the only playable character in the series.

Burigu

Smash Ace
the title says it all who needs representation but are not quite up for a playability statues
for example I really would like to see Cooking Mama as an assist trophy I did like her micro games on the DS. An assist trophy would be a fine choice to represent her in smash.
Except Cooking Mama is not exclusive to nintendo and for the info on internet not even a Nintendo IP here the link to the App Store
http://www.taito.co.jp/csm/cooking_mama_portal/

Edit: The developer is Cooking Mama Limited so no Nintendo property, I suggest you to do a better research next time
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooking_Mama_Limited

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would love to see Dr. Eggman as a stage boss in a sonic level. Maybe in his original green hill eggmobile. I actually hope none of the deadly six show up in Windy Hill, even though they are from the same game as the stage. Eggman is more worthy. Besides him, King Boo would make a fantastic boss for a Luigi's Mansion stage. I would love him as a character, but that will likely never happen within any of the next few games.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
A cool Doshin the Giant stage where the big guy picks up parts of the stage and places them elsewhere.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Chibi-Robo might have had good stage potential, but now I can't imagine it being much more different than the Nintendogs Living Room.

And if Splatoon doesn't get a character next time, that series could make for a really cool stage and possibly an Inkling AT.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Splatoon would be awesome, but I think it really depends on how well the game is received.

Sonic has enemies in Smash Run, Robotnik would be a cool boss or assist trophy.

Think we could use some Chibi-Robo or Golden Sun love.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Ghirahim needs representation, but I definitely do not want him to be playable, and he does not deserve to be for the iconic Zelda series after a single appearance.
King Boo or sure, poster a few above me. He would must be too much fun, love that ghost.
Bowser jr, too, needs to be represented, but is just not a proper character to be playable for Mario, especially with that Brush.
Balloon Fighter definitely deserves to be at least an AT since he could not really be playable given Villager.

Certain should be cut characters come to mind, but I will refrain from further controversy for the time being...

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Wii Fit Trainer, Greninja, Rosalina, etc...

I think that it should be a general rule that characters who have been playable in Smash before, but have then been cut, should return in future installments as an Assist Trophy/Poké Ball, at least. Even if you don't want Roy to return as a fighter, you have to admit that he'd make for an epic Assist Trophy.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

I think that it should be a general rule that characters who have been playable in Smash before, but have then been cut, should return in future installments as an Assist Trophy/Poké Ball, at least. Even if you don't want Roy to return as a fighter, you have to admit that he'd make for an epic Assist Trophy.
I'd rather not see Squirtle at all than see him as a Pokeball.
But I'd be fine to see him as an assist trophy.
Pokeballs are just inhumane, they aren't characterized. They are things.
The assists are 'people'

IronFish

Smash Ace
There is a Sonic enemy in smash run I believe

EDIT: Greninja'd

Last edited:

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I'd love to see Wonderful 101 make an appearance. I would have said making Wonder Red an AT but I think Midna kind of does what I would expect him to do.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am honestly an advocate of playable Hades; however, I would be content with something pertaining to the "Codec" calls, he could be included with other Uprising characters as Palutena already satisfied that role (playable Kid Icarus representative) effectively.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

But...Rosalina, she reps Mario Galaxy :c

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'd personally like to see more Zelda characters as assist trophies, besides Midna. Midna is great but it would be cool to see some others as well. I am glad we have a good amount of Zelda items this time around, though.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'd personally like to see more Zelda characters as assist trophies, besides Midna. Midna is great but it would be cool to see some others as well. I am glad we have a good amount of Zelda items this time around, though.
Seconded. Let's see that bug chick as an AT; Ghirahim would be a great assist. Zant as well. Navi.

I'd love to see a mega item for some of these Goddesses aswell. Or just plain see the Triforce as an item.

Pokemon needs representation with more than just having 'Pokeball' and 'Pokemon characters,' as well. Red needs to be a character, whether is as Pokemon Trainer or not. There are plenty of other item options. And characters. The universe is huge.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Seconded. Let's see that bug chick as an AT; Ghirahim would be a great assist. Zant as well. Navi.

I'd love to see a mega item for some of these Goddesses aswell. Or just plain see the Triforce as an item.

Pokemon needs representation with more than just having 'Pokeball' and 'Pokemon characters,' as well. Red needs to be a character, whether is as Pokemon Trainer or not. There are plenty of other item options. And characters. The universe is huge.
Both of the bolded are threads made by me... just felt the need to point that out lol!

But no seriously, I think that Agitha ("that bug chick") should be an assist trophy. I just think she is a good fit because she represents the best selling Zelda game, and 2nd best-reviewed Zelda game as well as Hyrule Warriors. You could argue that Midna does the same, but to that I say... well... I honestly think that Agitha would be a better choice than Midna for Assist Trophy. I mean, personally I was a big advocator in Midna being playable, so I'm hoping in Smash 5 Midna will be promoted to playable status finally, and that Agitha will become Assist Trophy. Honestly I'm more nervous about getting Agitha as a trophy in this game more than anything; it would show that Sakurai still cares for her character, and that she wasn't just put in as a trophy in Brawl as a one-time promotional thing. She was one of only 16 characters picked to represent TP, and one of only 6 who were non-ordonian humans (or Zelda), along with Ashei, Ooccoo, Darbus, Ralis and Yeta. However, was one of only 2 (along with Ashei) who didn't represent a specific province of the game (Ooccoo represent City in the Sky, Darbus the Eldin Province, Ralis the Lanayru Province (and much more) and Yeta the Peak Province). Ash such, this should show how popular Agitha is/was, and how much Sakurai recognizes it. Because of this, I think she deserves AT status, but playable might be a bit too far right now.

After that rant, I also feel like Star Fox should get some more representation. Just Krystal as an AT would do!

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
- Mach Rider would be cool for an Assist Trophy.
- Brain Age would be cool representation. Maybe as a stage or a Dr. Kawashima AT.
- Duck Hunt as a stage would be cool. It could be a stage with the hunter shooting at ducks and if you're in the air for too long, the hunter will target you.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
  • The Paper Mario series needs some dang love. I fully support him as a character, but I think Smash needs more Paper Mario content like a stage or definitely music. Also Mario Party has more than 10 games yet not even a single song nor stage made it into Smash. I'm furious with the way the Mario franchise is represented as I am a big fan of their highly popular spin-offs. Bowser's Castle needs to be a thing as well.

• Brain Age with Dr. Kawashima as a stage hazard would make a cool stage.

• Bowser Jr. definitely deserves to be either an Assist Trophy or a stage hazard at the minimum.

• Dr. Eggman shouldn't be playable, but would make the perfect boss representing the Sonic franchise.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Hades. That lovable son-of-a-***** NEEDS to be in codec conversations with Pit and Palutena on Palutena's Temple/Reset Bomb Forest. There is so much potential for greatness. It would be a crime to leave his charming personality and witty banter out of this game.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Chrom needs some representation, as FE: Awakening was... a record breaker for the series.
But he does not deserve to be playable.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I had issues with the way repping got with brawl (as a personal theory, I think it had to with the needs of SSE). There's questioning issues but the biggest one that I just cannot in this world find any reason to do so (well, beside my personal theory).

The Paper Mario series.

Note: I'm not saying that he doesn't have playable status as the op says (it's actually the opposite click on my sig for more details). I'm bringing this up due to him only having "some" chances and because, as weird as this might sound, it's so underreped that I want more rep in general than a playable character (but since it's the best case of repping and that it would be so awesome for me, that's why he's my most wanted).

Let me directly say it: repping this series with ONLY (that's the keyword here) trophies and stickers is pure INJUSTICE. I realised this after I played TTYD, my second favourite game of all time and my favourite rpg (first is ssbm because I wouldn't love video games if I haven't played it). I could do an essay of 20 pages to explain you why this game is a masterpiece (yeah, I pay THAT much attention to details). I basically became addicted to it because how it blew my mind. It's art and well though in every possible way (to name a few: texts, music, design and the way paper is represented, joke setup, battle mechanics and many many more that fits into those global category and make this game so memorable).

To tell you how amazed I was, I glitch hunted this game on emulator with ram hacking program for 6 months to make this game more popular for speedruns. I did find useful stuff but in the end, I can conclude this experience by this: I didn't find enough to break the game enough but this game IS SO SOLID. It became to a point where my theory got crushed because the game has so much defensive programming. The more and more I got into details, the more I was amazed as if it wasn't enough at the beginning.

I was fighting for getting more love on this game which brings me to ssb.

Can anyone tell me why this series got only trophies and sticker while it had 3 games, based on the main franchise and one of the game being a masterpiece? (first one too but imo, a little less the second game pushing the first to its limit). Even spm had awesome content to work for (does "ultimate show" remind you something?). Seriously, The minimum I request is a music but that repping from ssbb isn't deserved. Isn't ssb supposed to be the universal point between nintendo's greatest masterpiece?

Let me show you example just to tell you how much we missed in brawl. Tell me, would you like this:

Or this:

As music pieces in ssb? (imo, the former is the most complete boss theme and the later is... just listen it's perfection).

That is seriously goo music material (even excluding MANY other songs from the first game and other from TTYD... A LOT mor from TTYD).

As if this wasn't enough, one of the most awesome stage I heard was the the TTYD stage (it's a theater but the devs called it stg so live with that). It's a flat stages where many things can happen. Listing is way too long so if you want to know what potential this stage has, click on my sig anf go to the stage section (yeah I'm plugging my op a lot but quoting the part of it is too much so).

So, not repping this series as it should is VERY questionable. It really delivers what Sakurai keeps repeating what he wants the most in this game: uniqueness and making people by the game so it's attractive. The design of the series is what appealed to me the most so it's not a problem. That's more frustrating to see the M&L series getting reped by a (sorry but it really is) bland music. I only played superstar sags from the said series and even tough I found the game to be weak, I have at least 3 music that are way better than the one chosen (boss theme being the best btw). Again, it may have to do with SSE which now, gives me hope for ssb4...

Did you notice how repping seems to go differently than ssbb? Just smash run is really obvious look at how much rep series got even rhythm heaven got more rep. The removal of SSE may have to do with this but this really gives me hope for better repping in general which means more chance to see my favourite rpg repped properly. ssb4 needs to fix the weakness of brawl and so far, it's doing it but at this point, considering how repping is going right now, not getting more than trophies for this series would lead to a disappointment even though the game is already confirmed to be awesome imo. This would even reach the insult level but I hope it won't end like this.

On a side note, the paper peach trophy is, for now, fine here. It's nothing new from brawl but for now, I have no reason to take this as a problem. I said I don't want ONLY trophies there's a big difference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom